I was thinking of taking Russian classes. I've found a Russian institute and I'd like to learn it...

I was thinking of taking Russian classes. I've found a Russian institute and I'd like to learn it. I've got a pretty basic level.

Is it worth learning Russian nowadays?

Pros and cons?

Attached: Speak-Russian.png (879x411, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0nkW0vzlgiO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declension
youtube.com/watch?v=_TuCsRugKN0
youtu.be/QXfAkJ5KNI8
youtu.be/lDHZKVVGao8
youtube.com/watch?v=6C2ti3x9OAA
youtube.com/watch?v=FU8csnZxdPA
youtube.com/watch?v=LO_VEv1wFio
youtube.com/watch?v=3mIWkRv7GrM
youtube.com/watch?v=DGv7qkNPAj0
youtube.com/watch?v=U0QuEpg4V4U
youtube.com/watch?v=AFdG8EKe94I
youtube.com/watch?v=KRB8XaoyZ4c
sinilganet.wixsite.com/deki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it'll probably be worth it in 30 years but i know you people have high time preference

>Pros
you can scream at 12y old dota players and they understand you
>Cons
you know russian

>Pros
We're not rude cunts like French or Germans when it comes to making mistakes in our language

It's one of the most beautiful lenguages in Europe, so that's a big pro imo.

Sure, I love how it sounds and i like Russian rock

Well that's a big pro

pros: you can make an epik youtube channel about how slab you are and do the gopink(tm) squat XD and drive de lada and eat BLIN and scream at camera for money and you can pretend to be an actual slav(e)
cons: you know the ugliest and most crude looking and sounding piece of shit language in the world and no matter how hard you try to forget about it it will subconciously affect every fiber of your being and you will be filled with an existential dread like no other and you will have a miserable, gray and bleak outlook upon everything the light touches and you will become an unbearable nihlist with a lack for moral and ethical integrity

cons: you have to communicate with russians

Can confirm.

I'll consider that as an option

>Pros
The language is incredibly creative and that might be good for you. Thinking out of the box and all that.

Another pro, if op cares about that, is making sub-humans instantly butt hurt simply by speaking in Russian

What?
Actually Russians are usually happy to meet foreigners who happened to learn Russian.

Pros: access to russian content
Cons: takes a lot of time

Maybe he meant the fact that all.euros hate Ruskies

I was referring to """people""" from the butt hurt belt getting mad at the mere mention of Russia

And specially Americans

For that purpose learning to imitate Russian accent would be more effective.

Americans don't hate Russians.

Pros: ???
Cons: You could be saving 15% or more on car insurance switching to GEICO, but instead you're learning Russian.

Attached: tenor.gif (358x200, 819K)

Russian classes cost 32 usd/month here

why would you deliberately learn a language that wouldn't be useful in your job?
obviously if you learn Russian you can make money working with Russians
Assuming you don't plan on moving or working in diplomacy, it can only be useful in South America if you also work in oil industry

I know for a fact some Russian oil/gas firms work in Argentina, but I don't think there's many of them, and I know of no other business like that

oh well, also literature
but you have to learn a fucking lot to understand Dostoyevsky or Solzhenicyn in original language
Or even Pelevin

Can confirm.

vocaroo.com/i/s0nkW0vzlgiO

Based

Saved

Damn english so poor when it comes to swear words.

Solzhenicyn is a terrible writer and a terrible person. I am not a commie btw

Kek

I'd say you can learn it ONLY if you like it. How it's sound, how it's work, if you have good associations with it. Because if you don't like it, and all your associations are "cyкa блядь" and whatever western memes then you'll be disappointed.
How to feel love with russia? Try to listen some music. Some (soviet) radio (Levitan radio - try to google). Even classic music (Chaykovskiy, Shetakovich, etc). Try to find some poetics on youtube (brodkiy, mayakovskiy, pushkin). Read about russian avangard (may be you'll love it). Search in youtibe for "Arzamas history of russian arts" or something like that. Try to look deeper and you'll find unlimited source of hidden culture

Yes.

Pro:
You'll speak with everyone in Eastern Europe and ex-USSR Asia. Cyrillic script is great for Slavic languages and much easier to learn than Polish for example, you will also have access to huge Russian internet with it's own Facebook (vKontakte) with widespread piracy, and such, which largely is never translated to English. Russian and Chinese are also heavily into reverse-engineering, hacking and piracy, if you're into old video games, most of mods for such titles comes from their hard work.

Cons:
Slavic languages are hard for non-Slavs. It's bit like Latin.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declension
With its declensions.
Latin have like 5 nouns, Polish and Russian 6. But Bulgarian is the worst with that.

>Is it worth learning Russian nowadays?
Learning language is always worth.
You will be able to talk with Russian tourists in Argentina, and new skill in your resume.

youtube.com/watch?v=_TuCsRugKN0

>Cons
>you know russian
based

voice of fat person
don't be so upset just because you're being replaced by russians

I want to speak Russian to talk about the current philosophical materialism derived from Marxism and the reconquest of Constantinople in the near future by the Russian army. Based Nazbols.

>Russian rock
Can you post a couple of your favorite russian rock songs?

I love rock and the russian language but have never heard any of their music.

youtu.be/QXfAkJ5KNI8

youtu.be/lDHZKVVGao8

Check Victor Tsoy definitely.

youtube.com/watch?v=6C2ti3x9OAA
youtube.com/watch?v=FU8csnZxdPA
youtube.com/watch?v=LO_VEv1wFio
youtube.com/watch?v=3mIWkRv7GrM

youtube.com/watch?v=DGv7qkNPAj0

youtube.com/watch?v=U0QuEpg4V4U

youtube.com/watch?v=AFdG8EKe94I

youtube.com/watch?v=KRB8XaoyZ4c

>pros
New friends, potential to read literature in the original language, looks good on CV/can be useful for work, discovering a new unique and amazing culture.
>cons
Lots of time but other than that none really.

based and redpilled

Its always worth it. I am enjoying it very much.
Russia has so many wonderful things to offer, in every aspect.
But dont do it if you are one of those brainwashed idiots who dont like Russia.

Attached: 1530993336968.jpg (945x630, 76K)

I don't understand how can peopme hate Russians

I dont know if youre still here OP, but one tip I got from a British guy who spoke very good Russian with a good accent told me to not bother learning the grammar. He told me to just build vocabulary, because the grammar isnt as important and you can learn it later more easily.

Kek. You sound like such a faggot trying to imitate an American accent.

Thanks for the advice

Pros
>learning a new language is never a waste
>god-tier literature and film
>spoken by many millions
>most russians are monolingual, if you want to interact with russians it helps to know the language
Cons
>less relevant now that cold war is over
>difficulty
>need to learn a new script

Yes.

Spoken in most of the old USSR countries.

So more than a dozen countries there.

Plus it is fairly close to Serbian/Croatian, so you'll be able to talk to people in many of the old Yugoslav countries.

And as you get better you can pick up other more distant Slavic languages like Czech/Slovak and Polish.

Attached: mvd_pepe_gimmie2.jpg (525x700, 64K)

As for the script you can really learn it in like one night.

>We're not rude cunts like French or Germans when it comes to making mistakes in our language

I find Russians can be rude about it behind a keyboard, but not in person.

Attached: wojak_militia2.jpg (768x450, 138K)

CYKA BLYAT RUSH B IDI NAHUI PIDARAS

>pros: you can make an epik youtube channel about how slab you are and do the gopink(tm) squat

No.

People like me will just call you out for the idiot you are.

Attached: 1541529446207.png (900x900, 17K)

are you the same guy who made that vocaroo about belarusian coat of arms?

>Maybe he meant the fact that all.euros hate Ruskies

No.

French and Russians have a wierd relationship.

Attached: mylene-farmer-concert-single-tournee-13783_w1000.jpg (999x632, 143K)

>Plus it is fairly close to Serbian/Croatian
No it isnt you faggot
Its closer to Bulgarian
>so you'll be able to talk to people in many of the old Yugoslav countries.
You wont, unless you talk very very slow and repeat everything three times or more and use hand gestures

>Its closer to Bulgarian
no it isn't you faggot

Anyways many people here (westeners especially) underestimate Russian. There is tons of scientific literature and you will have access to it, it's a widely-spoken language and keeps on growing. Definitely worth it

Poljubi me

Attached: yugofrog.jpg (223x215, 15K)

It is more similar to Bulgarian than to Serbian or Croatian.

I guess, but it's a subtle difference

Slatkice

Attached: 1539493004397.jpg (750x730, 164K)

No homo pls.

For the Russians and Russian speakers here, a really interesting book. You can get it in pdf format by pressing cкaчaть книгy and entering password 0713308668
sinilganet.wixsite.com/deki