"Let's abandon Poland to the warmongering crazy Germans we pledged to protect them from"

>"Let's abandon Poland to the warmongering crazy Germans we pledged to protect them from"
>t. France and Britain

Attached: 1547128528416.jpg (1050x982, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GlHgGz1bVzI?t=305
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I47vCycUSW4
youtube.com/watch?v=GByhK2HgLPw&
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1919_Polish_coup_d'état_attempt_in_Lithuania
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they didn't have to protect them though
but they still did
the problem was that Poland fell before France could launch an offensive

they thought the germans weren't dumb enough to attack Poland, but the Germans didn't actually think France and the UK would declare war on them for that

You guys literally sat on the border and rationed the number of artillery shells you would fire per day. Dumb frog cowards

>"Let's abandon Poland to the warmongering crazy Germans we pledged to protect them from"
Based and red pilled.

Didn't France and Britain declare war and then do nothing of note for nine months until Germany invaded France as well?

Ah yeah, man! That was a hoot!

Poles caused the war

I wish they really went after you, Icek. But all we got were nazi kike puppets. I wish it was Poland that became a Nazi state and blamed Jews for partitions and Prussian occupations, Jews would cease to exist.

Pretty much.

youtu.be/GlHgGz1bVzI?t=305

Jews caused Holocaust

there's no point in defending them from us or russia when you've already ensured that the world will get negrified

>oh look czechoslovakia is getting gangbanged
> don't mind me, just gonna grab a lil piece for myself lol
One year later
>help le crazy warmongering germans are invading
The eternal pole

The French attempted a small invasion but aborted it because projections showed Poland wouldn't hold out long enough for it to make a difference. They opted to instead focus on national defense during that time. Not a bad idea to abandon a doomed to fail invasion when it was... well, doomed to fail!

France's strategy was to hold Germany at the Maginot line and dedicate most of it's military to the weaker Belgian part in order to counter Germany's obvious route. They expected a repeat of WW1 where it was only a matter of time before Germany ran out of supplies, food, and soldiers only this time with a much greater advantage.
Germany had been practising the same manoeuvre warfare shit they had been doing since the Franco-Prussian War, only this time they had planes, tanks, and mechanized infantry.
Both sides knew roughly the route that the other was going to take, Germany just got lucky because the French didn't expect them to go through the Ardennes. When Germany broke through the could just encircle the French and prevent any sort of counter-attck.

Wasn't WWI such a clusterfuck specifically because everyone had the technology of the 1910s but the tactics of Napoleon, and they had to learn that technology made war change, and then France just stupidly assumed WWII would be a repeat of WWI?

>Germany just got lucky because the French didn't expect them to go through the Ardennes
They did. The problem is that they expected the Ardennes breakthrough to be a diversion when it was in fact the main body of the attack. Big part of that was bad French intelligence because the B*lgians declared neutrality in 1936. This meant the French army was only allowed to enter Belgium AFTER the German army did, meaning they had no time to set up their own infrastructure, dig in et cetera. It wouldn't surprise me if the German army was more familiar with the surrounding area than the French army.

>Wasn't WWI such a clusterfuck specifically because everyone had the technology of the 1910s but the tactics of Napoleon
Maybe for the first week. They adapted quickly.

>and then France just stupidly assumed WWII would be a repeat of WWI?
Stupidly? Look at the Polish war of 1920, look at the Winter War. In both instances an inferior force managed to beat a superior force by using defense and terrain to their advantage. Let's also rephrase it like this: Napoleonic strategies failed in WWI because defensive firepower (machine guns, artillery) were stronger than offensive firepower (charges and yes, tanks). Tanks developed in the interbellum, sure, but so did defensive firepower. Purely looking at the development and without the hindsight of the Germans developing Blitzkrieg (and it actually working rather than fizzling out), wouldn't it make sense to assume that it would be a repeat of the previous war precisely because defensive firepower is now even stronger?

In fact, if the Dyle Plan worked as intended (ie. the French were able to deploy in Belgium before the Germans invaded), I'd honestly put my money on the French. With terrain, preparations and strong defensive firepower as well as proper intelligence and familiarity with the terrain it would be hard for the Germans to break through.

Good, Poles were asking for it.

Why die for Danzig?

Good question to ask the Germs.

Why dab for Danzig?

Attached: C0LilOxUQAAc0WV[1].jpg (523x301, 25K)

You're the first person I've seen defend France's plan during WWII. I'll admit, those are some strong arguments.

But back to WWI, why was it such a horrific disaster for everyone if because of shitty old tactics with new technology? The shitshow lasted way beyond the first week.

Have you ever been there?
Fucking beautiful city.

Attached: Danzig-1000x666.jpg (1000x666, 469K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I47vCycUSW4

I encourage you to see this vid. It explains quite well what happened back in '39

So was Dresden (probably).

Attached: 1527502489563.png (1240x869, 1.08M)

>was

Attached: dresden.jpg (950x350, 135K)

It still is surprisingly

The French launched an offensive on the Saar, but they couldn't launch a massive one, as the Germans expected.
In 18 September the Polish government fled to Romania and the Germans declared the battle over (even though it would continue in some places on a minor scale). The 21, the British and the French agreed there was no way to save Poland at that point and they planned for a Polish victory on the long term. The troops were ordered to retreat to the Maginot line, which was probably a mistake retrospectively
I don't see why you keep blaming the French, they couldn't do much

After Poland's collapse it was more like Germany that was waiting
At first they hoped to get peace with Britain, then they waited spring to come because they knew how shitty the conditions are like in belgium and north western france in winter.
Since Poland lost the French preferred to fight a defensive war which seemed like a better choice

>let's attack those ebil nazis for attacking based Poland but then Soviet union is our greatest ally woot give them millions of tons of war supplies yeah!

Attached: 1522508809282.gif (800x371, 183K)

France and britian didnt have teleportation technology at the time so couldn't warp an army into eastern europe

Really, you guys and the British should have attacked as soon as Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia.

>You're the first person I've seen defend France's plan during WWII
Then you should look harder
youtube.com/watch?v=GByhK2HgLPw&
If you have an hour to kill, try this.

>The shitshow lasted way beyond the first week.
Clearly, but after the past few weeks everyone had already figured out that running at the enemy with fixed bayonets and bright red pants was a bad idea. The fact that strategies evolved did not change the fact that the war was bloody. In fact, Verdun was all about seeing which side would bleed dry first.

As soon as the Rhineland reoccupied it. The problem was that the French at the time overestimated German forces while the British had no will to join the French. I can't recall his name, but there was a British politician who stated Hitler could barely be blamed for occupying his own backyard.

Very rare to see enlightened posts about France in WW2
People keep spouting garbage on this subject like they know it all.

Poland were war mongerers too at that time.

why are Canadians so fucking based?

Attached: SyrupUbermensch.jpg (1024x765, 73K)

Ah yes, I'm sure the Western Allies would have had no trouble saving Poland from the USSR

Attached: Allied_army_positions_on_10_May_1945.png (1216x769, 517K)

true, when Hitler was doing his thing, Poland was doing the same with it's neighbors, they even went so far as to Latvia, questioning their independence, after occupying Capital of Lithuania, when Lithuania fought so hard to drive out russians, not to mention suvalakai is still not returned from Poland.

we had core on wilno

this, fuck p*les

It's true if there weren't any Jews there wouldn't have been a holocaust.

Attached: 1369504593169.png (442x341, 213K)

we just took back clay that czechs stole 20 years before while we were busy fighting soviets

We help Latvia during their war of independence
>Capital of Lithuania
but we didn't occupy Kowno despite that half of it citizens were polish

not Polish, able to speak Polish.
Besides you couldn't take Kaunas and Vilnius was too much too handle.

All justified
By the time Polish goverment decided to take back Zaolzie, Czechoslovakia had been already sold to Hitler at Munich. Polish goverment acted independently to protect its citizens from German occupation. Before Munich crisis many times Polish goverment offered Czechs a defensive treaty to counter German threat, yet Czechs always refused, prefering to depend on USSR.
At the time when Polish goverment decided to liberate Wilno, Lithuania was a Bolshevik ally, threatning Polish population of Wilno with falling under communist regime. If you think about it, Lithuanians gave Poles no other choice but to take back majority-Polish city - first - to protect Polish citizens - and second - to break Soviet haegemony in the region. After the war, Polish goverment gave a helping hand to Lithuania, knowing that cooperation with it might impede progress of Nazi and Soviet expansion, but Lithuanians,. blinded by their fear and hatred, refused.

If we look at the things objectively, Poland was the only state in interwar Europe to understand growing risks of totalitarian regimes in Germany and Russia. That's why Poles called Britain and France to enforce Versailles agreement, and founded Intermarium concept, supposed to be union of central European states to counter both Germans and Soviets. Unfortunately, Balts, and Czechs were too ignorant to predict political outcome of their isolationist policies and payed severely.

as did we, not to mention you needed someone to drive out russians, right after that you declared Latvia as your "rightful clay"and them as subhumans.
You were as bad as Hitler at the time.

He's a neonazi.

Nonsense.

source on that?
inb4 Goebbels

russians have already been driven out and peace treaty was signed, and then the poles attacked.
Lithuania wasn't on isolation tactics, poles were doing everything in their power and influence to make this image.
Sure it's history and all in past, but all in all, Poland was as aggressive as Germany considering neighbors.

France was in no position to launch an offensive, their army was in terrible shape and they were struggling with internal issues at that time as well
Polish army basically got annihilated in first 10 days of war, and after 2 weeks Germany was already sending their divisions back to French border making any possible French offense impossible, since they would have to attack against heavily fortified, well equipped armies on unfavourable terrain

Nobody helped Finland either even though we lasted a lot longer. American Jews wanted trick Americans to support the spread of international Communism.

these are documented in treaties and political meetings.

>was as aggressive as Germany considering neighbors.
I guess you believe Generalplan Ost didn't exist either. Baltic posters on this board are the worst trash.

>peace treaty with Soviets
just like in 1940?

Attached: 1500751576324.jpg (640x586, 36K)

Polish army had means to rebuild in the Kresy. Germans were already low on oil and their meth pills.

The only time in the 1918-1939 when Poland was an asshole was betraying the Black Baron during the war with Soviets

don't suggest nonsense.

Yeah also miss the fact that Poles tried to overthrow Lithuanian government and later signed non aggression pact with Lithuania and literally invaded the next day.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1919_Polish_coup_d'état_attempt_in_Lithuania

POLES DINDU NUFFIN AND HAD NO IMPERIALISTIC AMBITIONS

>invaded
Wilno was in majority Polish and wanted to be Polish.

>Germans were already low on oil and their meth pills.
You clearly don't know anything about September campaign and still repeat those false informations taught in Polish schools. Germany was not even close to depletion, they completely destroyed our army in opening weeks of the war, after first 10 days we were no longer able to even slow them down, not even talking about fighting back

Yeah also conveniently miss out the part that after capturing Vilnius they continued to advance and tried to occupy the whole country,

>On November 17, the mutineers began a major attack. They planned to capture Kaunas, thus threatening Lithuanian independence,[119] by encircling the city from north through Širvintos–Ukmergė–Jonava and Giedraičiai–Kavarskas–Kėdainiai.[115] Żeligowski's forces were about three times larger: 15 Polish battalions against 5 Lithuanian battalions.[120] One cavalry brigade managed to break through the Lithuanian defense lines near Dubingiai, reached Kavarskas, and continued towards Kėdainiai.[115] However, Lithuanians were successful in stopping an attack towards Ukmergė near Širvintos on November 19. About 200 Lithuanians maneuvered through swamps to the rear of three Polish battalions.[121] Attacked from the front and rear, some 200 Poles were taken prisoner while others retreated.[122] The Lithuanians continued to attack and captured Giedraičiai on November 21. On the same day, a ceasefire was signed under pressure from the League of Nations.

The delusions of grandeur that Poles dindu nuffin.

able to speak polish.

Wilno spoke Polish.

and Jewish and Belarussians or even Russians
but somehow they didn't speak Lithuanian

many did, yeah.
I don't want to go into, why.

they did.

>Yeah also conveniently miss out the part that after capturing Vilnius they continued to advance and tried to occupy the whole country,
Kowno aka Kanaus had a Polish majority as well.
>in 1919:
>Poles45%
>Jews30%
>Lithuanians 18%
>Russians 1,5%
>Others 1%

>polish internet defense force posting from Sweden and France
cringe

Yeah, 2%.
2%
2%
2%
2%

This. My grandfather is from Wilno and his family had been there for centuries. Anyway it is past now, we got much better former German cities in exchange.

I like how you completely ignored previous points, you diaspora faggots are insufferable. Always the most nationalistic and chauvinistic retards.

Love the lithuanian tearing off polakk's aeged innocence

Not true. Piast cities were given to Poland in a total ruin.

Swedish guy is half nigger tho.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-30 Demographic history of the Vilnius region - Wikipedia.png (1678x360, 161K)

Yeah and Danzig spoke German and Hitler set out to liberate Germans. We can play this game too.

don't forget banned Lithuanian language, it was a crime to be Lithuanian, we did it before Jews made it cool.

t. didn't declare war for two years

How about I tear you a new one, LBK orange swarthy subhuman?

Not in Vilnius and not in most of the regions around it.

I'm pale right now as the white part of the Polish flag.

True that, but between you and me, it was still a better deal for us but don't tell that anyone.

I don't give a shit about pooland. I'm here to bash lithshits and krautswarthoids.
Yes, it did. And it wasn't part of Poland.

they did, do you know why they were hiding it?
Christian nation my ass.

Kanaus before 1795 under king Stanislaw Poniatowski's reign:
Poles 73%
Jews 13%
Germans and Netherlanders 9%
Russians 4,5%

I am Volga german, konscielny

and you conveniently ignore the fact that lithuania broke the demarcation line in sejny which led to the sejny uprising
or how you logistically suported the soviets by allowing them to move through your territory, but our army not, even though we were at war with them and it was in your interest also to keep them contained
or your autistic lithuanisation of polish names by first finding their "belarusian root" and then it's "lithuanian ancient root" in the process massacring names of people like kozłowski to some abomination like kazlauskis
or how you treated the polish minority around kaunas
and all the propagandistic and most importantly revisionistic bullshit you fed them about either just being lithuanians or belarusians, whatever was most convenient for you at the moment

personally i am not surprised at all that the inhabitants of wilno wanted absolutely nothing to do with you

So an inbred trash. You don't qualify for germanic nor slavic. You are nothing.

Gdańsk didn't belong to Poland, Poland only want it because we needed Port Town so we could have economic independence from Germany

Fuck off halfbreed. You are not Polish, just some larping faggot who seeks attention. Get your stinky ass out of here, we do not need diaspora idiots to defend our country. You are not Polish you are fucking Swedish

>Yeah and Danzig spoke German and Hitler set out to liberate Germans.
The Free City of Danizg wasn't within the borders of the Second Polish Republic >Yes, it did. And it wasn't part of Poland.

Attached: 1024px-Gdansk_Bay_Borderlines_1939_English.svg.png (1024x662, 83K)

[citation needed]

YOU FUCKING SWEDISH MALE

>Fuck off halfbreed.
Both my parents are Polish dumbfuck.
>You are not Polish you are fucking Swedish
Very funny, even though my ancestors are Polish and I was born in Poland.

germany already expended most of it's supplies by that point

source?

Even German sources are telling that Vilno and the regions around have a huge polish majority.

>thinking that it was for Poland at all
it was diplomatic measures to curb German expansion, which scared the absolute shit out of France and Britain after the Franco-Prussian War and WW1

>You don't qualify for germanic nor slavic
Did I ask for? Nahhh
Also germanic women are trash

Attached: a-brief-history-of-the-german-master-race-mpying-hey-37257552.png (500x1273, 118K)

quick.
and not true.