I wish we had some tiny europoor streets here

I wish we had some tiny europoor streets here.

Everything in America has to be 50 feet wide so jimbo can park his F-250

Attached: cozy europoor street.jpg (800x450, 547K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L09q5AO7jSk
youtube.com/watch?v=J8HsAZnzTUA&feature=youtu.be&t=45
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why is that?
even in M*xico we have those
I think it is the mediterranean influence

Attached: interior3-1.jpg (1600x1012, 621K)

Because we used to drive these things around

Attached: lincoln continental.jpg (800x448, 67K)

>What is New England
>What are the original colonies
We even have them if you consider us 'you'

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg (550x367, 75K)

Dumbasses made laws mandating our street lanes be really wide.
Also people used to think wide streets were a good thing so they built streets with a lot of lanes.
As a result our streets are very wide and often empty for most of the day. Lots of wasted space. Recently there's been movements to repurpose the street space for something besides cars.

Attached: blog4-2[1].jpg (568x379, 75K)

there are many places like that east of the Appalachians

you probably do in nyc or san francisco or something even my city has a couple of these laneway memes

Don't you have some small towns like that in New England?

They are comfy, but they are a nightmare for driving and parking. The best would be something inbetween EU aesthetics and NA functionality

youtube.com/watch?v=L09q5AO7jSk

Small streets are shit and you’re pathetic for sucking European cock. Grow a spine

isnt LA bloated with traffic? (assuming thats LA)

Attached: 1546976557811.webm (1280x720, 2.61M)

Yep.

Engineers have recently realized that the more highways you build somewhere, the worse traffic gets.
Atlanta is similar.
Both cities are trying to urbanize and reduce sprawl and "road diets" are a part of that.

>Me hate small streets and everyone who like small streets

What a fucking gay and retarded opinion

Attached: magapede.png (213x237, 9K)

As long as the pavements are big enough they are good.
Needs parking lots though.

you have some in boston

Attached: smukke-gader-i-koebenhavn-magstraede.jpg (900x600, 189K)

it's not just the wide streets user...

America is like one big cheap shopping mall

Attached: biglots_1.jpg (3441x2292, 1.16M)

I dislike this too. European cities are so cute

You can see the European dream still alive (but slowly fading) in some parts of America to this day. St Augustine, Florida (pic related), Boston, I think some parts of Pennsylvania as well. Montreal, although that's in Canada, it's probably the most European city in all of North America.

It's sad to see what NA has become.

Attached: aviles-street-located-in-old-town-st-augustine-fl-c-w-hooper.jpg (900x599, 187K)

It’s just a few places inside the city. We have one street in Saint Augustine Florida too. One street lol

Attached: 9170F9DC-CDDB-48AB-B01A-AE183583883B.jpg (500x375, 69K)

I'll never understand why society "had" to evolve to become the degenerate soulless garbage that it is today. I guess the Jews maybe.

We had the perfect model, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Attached: old_montreal_streets.jpg (1200x800, 875K)

Based and redpilled that you thought of St Augustine as well haha! I completely agree with this thread brother.

You're forgetting about many cities like Charleston, Baltimore, St. Louis, Richmond, etc

Attached: depositphotos_139250844-stock-photo-cobblestone-street-and-old-buildings.jpg (1600x1167, 356K)

There's not THAT many cities, and even so, most of them have been completely redone. The historic parts are few and far between.

cringe. there's only small streets in the touristy medieval part of the cities, that were built before the car / horse carriage became common.

Attached: 22481526-.jpg (797x532, 112K)

Well there's not that many cities that are old enough to have old streets

Any plans of moving to Europe OP?

Attached: CE77548E-9719-49A3-BBDA-0E6E152DD0A7.jpg (1920x1200, 754K)

Attached: guimaraes00porttgal0.jpg (1280x851, 339K)

>go to Europe expecting magical old towns
>end up living in an apartment in the outsides of some city

Gettin real sick of Europeans citymogging us

I wonder when this rich, self-hating New England Bernout is finally going to move to Norway like he's been claiming for the past 6 years?

Gorgeous!!

>move to Italy
>opening up your own business inside a cozy city
>making great money and living in a safe, white, Christian country
>marrying an Italian qt

Make your dreams come true

Attached: F27382E3-39E0-4DFE-BB24-F7758B215975.jpg (443x604, 45K)

bigger lanes and streets are needed to fit average Americans

Attached: american-sports.jpg (2048x1224, 403K)

We still have some of those old narrow streets in Buenos Aires.

Attached: Pasaje_Bollini,_Palermo_Buenos_Aires.jpg (640x480, 273K)

ok go fuck yourself then cunt

Also in practice all European cities have dumpy areas not shown in tourist pics. Just like any city in the world.

Why aren't trams more popular in America? Could fit them into a wide street and would be a nice form of public transport other than buses

narrow streets are super comfy. if i had to pinpoint my greatest qualm with the USA it would be the absurd girth of your streets

Grass is greener syndome is a bitch.

that isnt true at all. most cities have very small roads outside of the arterial roads like in your image. fuck off back to burgerland tourist

another burger told me the US used to have a lot of street cars but they were all ripped up and destroyed after WW2 because the car lobbies or something.

After the war, everyone wanted to move out of the cities and own a car.

We have a bit more space, Bulgaria is about the approximate size of Pennsylvania.

Attached: n7776.png (989x585, 21K)

irrelevant for the the cities. im not talking about your arterial highways. try not to be completely retarded for one instant in your lifespan burger

Car culture was a mistake. It's ridiculous that LA doesn't at least have trams

>Car culture was a mistake
Don't hate the hate because nobody in Ireland could afford one until the 1970s or something. :^)

We have tons of those streets in Latin America. Pic is near my house.

Attached: images (75).jpg (640x360, 46K)

It would be enormously expensive to do so and there would have to be a real reason/motivation for it and a way to recoup the expense. The postwar development of suburbs and highways was because an entire generation of young people who'd grown up half starved in the Depression now had the money for stuff like that.

Do Europeans view Americans as inferior people for having been raised in cultureless, disposable suburban environments?

In phillydelphia Boston and some areas of New York they have closet cobblestone colonial avenues and squares, not to mention the Pueblo towns of the south west

We have shitty buses that go into New York and a no transit trains here in New Jersey, you can take a train from penn station to basically anywhere on the east coast not to mention New York’s infamously dirty subways home to billions of rats and piss soaked hobos, back in the 70s and eighties New York became kinda like A toned down version of Detroit, time square consisted mainly of peepshow theatres and you didn’t want to go out at night

Blame the automotive industry.
Corporations and Governments never go together well.

Oh please like they don't have Tesco's in Yurop.

Attached: tesco's exterior.jpg (634x413, 81K)

The UK isn't part of europe

>move to Italy
>get a well paying job (2000/eur) through networking
>make lots of friends, get a gf, life is good
>eventually hate your job because you suck at it, anxious everyday going into work
>gf breaks up with you but you keep running into her and her new guys when you go out for a beer
>depression hits
>realise you'll never be able to afford to buy your own place because it's expensive as fuck and landlords rape you
>become disillusioned with life
>quit job and move back to the UK

true story

Attached: feel.png (708x1209, 1.18M)

Quebec city too

>bracknell

youtube.com/watch?v=J8HsAZnzTUA&feature=youtu.be&t=45

But this can be solved by either circular or vertical integration of a city’s transportation, in Moscow you can circle around the city due to its many rings and avoid the traffic of driving straight through it, and musk’s implementation of tunnels/the possibility of the use of lateral space in cities will mean more room and less traffic to maneuver through.

Too bad the enguhneers coming out of colleges now are very much set in stone in terms of the things they can make, they don’t think outside of the box as much, god forbid they do something they didn’t learn about at MIT

Actually the picture was from a news article saying that Tesco's bombed in Ireland because of "incompatibilities" with Irish shopping culture. But then, Wal-Mart bombed in Germany for same reason.