Let's face it we all wish we were Americans living in some comfy suburb

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (276x183, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E7kor5nHtZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZB_gqDTlzY4
youtube.com/watch?v=bjAiSrfeVgw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only in an upper middle class suburb with well built structures and low HOA requirements.

Imagine the heating bill

looks boring I’d rather live in a favela

Attached: 69639613-CD54-4076-B4C6-D739E7377119.png (750x1334, 2.13M)

Actually cardboard is a very good insulator so their heating costs are pretty low. And they literally all have natural gas which is free energy compared to oil fired heaters.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to have a comfy life even as an american suburbanite. I would want to have been born as one, but I am jealous of the lifestyle.

What you do is wear your coat indoors to save money on heating.

Me on the right

Not really. There's a reason the US are the world's most frequent consumers of antidepressants.

Attached: a-flyover-aerial-establishing-shot-of-a-typical-arizona-residential-neighborhood-phoenix-suburb_bbxd (1920x1013, 3.91M)

NO
O

But it looks really comfy and peaceful rather than depressing

Because it's being pushed through the southern border while at the same time Americans are losing their religion?

I'd rather die. My nearest neighbour is across the lake and they are rarely home since it's only a vacation house for them.

Attached: DSCIM20180622.png (1481x831, 2.22M)

Where do you buy groceries?.

>Americans are depressed because of Mexicans and atheism
Sure thing, buddy.

Attached: 1494814430892.jpg (325x243, 26K)

Nearest town, about 50 minutes away.

Rather live in Canada in a comfy suburb. Same with less chances of getting shot

We don't pay for heating, only cooling. I blast my heater in the winter and can barely feel that it's winter because it's always so hot inside. Feels good man.

you really think you couldn't live this way in the US? half of the north is like this

how often do you make that trip? that sounds shitty. My grocery is 5 minutes away and I don't have too worry too much about forgetting to buy something I needed.

>look out window
>see straight in neighbours window
no garden, no front yard, no space, no freedom. might as well live in a commieblock.

Attached: Screenshot_20190226-205140.jpg (1080x2240, 1.26M)

Same.

Attached: IMG_20180722_134432.jpg (4592x2461, 3.86M)

I understand the sentiment, but I live fine here in Norway.

Attached: 20181220_163917.jpg (4014x3022, 1.77M)

Sure but the thread is about suburbs..
Once a month. I hate the town and I hate shopping.

How's the reception out there? Also nice digits

wtf that's max comfy. I NEED this

Full 4G and 3G reception. Bad weather might drop the bars a bit but most of the time it's great.

Is the snow plowed in winter?

We are so happy because we absorbe happiness

Based!

Yep, the main roads are ploughed into a nice solid surface. Your driveway is your responsibility though.

Lots of modern housing developments look like that now. We usually build in more semi-traditional prefab designs, but these soulless modern boxes are also common.

Attached: IMG_0582.jpg (4000x2250, 3M)

I used to think like this for 5 minutes when I was 29 or so but I realized a long time ago how horrendous this lifestyle must be
>commuting hours and hours and hours in a metal box
>focusing on traffic the whole time

perfect living for me would be an apartment in the city center of an Asian megacity such as Tokyo, Shanghai or Shenzhen but Bangkok would also be fine

THAT'S a lifestyle to be jealous about, not being a random wagecuck in the middle of fucking nowhere

and living in a dense European city is a lot closer to the lifestyle I wish for

>the endless opportunities for picking up girls in a place with this many people and this many distractions
just thinking about it gets me excited

Attached: Shenzhen_Metro_Line_1_SZU_Sta_Platform.jpg (1200x675, 194K)

>when I was 29

I'm truly envious. youtube.com/watch?v=E7kor5nHtZQ

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

I also live in the countryside and my commute is shorter than that of my city-dwelling workers' who have no choice but to ride public transportation. Also, funny that you mention Tokyo where the average commute is 66 minutes.

Really makes you think, huh.

Attached: 20140220123711.jpg (599x1088, 160K)

>not living in a modern house

Who said I want to work there? I said living there, that doesn't imply I also want to work there

and the commute is so long because lots of people live on the edges of the city, I specified that it must be in the city center

Well that’s because doctors get kickbacks and bonuses by the pharmaceutical companies for subscribing patients to expensive antidepressants which are paid for by expensive health insurance plans.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZB_gqDTlzY4

This is also a modern house. Very popular to build these kinds of prefabs now.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 268K)

>max comfy
until you get bored or something bad happens to you

>Shenzhen
WTF I want to visit China now

Yeah, yeah, good luck being a multimillionaire who gets to live leisurely in such a place.

it looks so small for some reason while also being modern. My brain is confused.

Ah yes, everything in the world is a trick scheme to make someone money. Who knows, maybe in the end someone will profit off fighting climate change and reducing environmental pollution, too.

as I said, that's a lifestyle to be jealous about, not being an americuck wageslave

Attached: WickedLiveAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif (500x288, 848K)

It's about 195 sqm, or about 2100 sqft. It's pretty much the average home size these days.

>it looks so small
4 U in your fucking plywood warehouses.

It's really not as glamorous as you think, these places are shitholes with tons of drug problems.

Yeah same here, I guess 90% of hour houses are simiar to that, like pic related. I live in what you'd insult and call a modern box tho, and I like it a lot. At least it's drawn unique just for me, nobody else has the same house.

Attached: 211_829328128.jpg (1200x798, 202K)

looks like some shit you would make in the sims

>suburb
Hell no. Countryside is 100% better.

Attached: IMG_20180622_1232312.jpg (3996x2665, 1.94M)

Yeah, it'd be hard to tell for sure if that pic was taken here or in Norway. I think if you had an architect design your house, then it's a different thing from these identical modern boxes in a row however.

House with the illusion or reality of space/greenery separating you and your neighbors is amazing. I've been fortunate in that regard. First house didn't have it for side by side but had a big 12 foot ivy covered old stone wall separating the back from our neighbor behind us. 2nd house had an entire woodland creek. 3rd house is straight up woods.

Basically for me it's that golden middle of suburban-rural. Close enough (10-20 minutes) to amenities. Close enough (30 mins to 45 mins) to a bigger city.

I would need to see the landscape where the camera is but seems well off in terms of having lots of greenery on one side to distract you from your side-by-side neighbors, and just not being sardines.

>Little boxes

Bitches love to play The Sims and bitches are the ones who get to pick the house.

>[spoilerson/int/]Metal bawkses[/spoilersonint]

nah fuck that

love it when houses are just embedded in greenery desu senpai

Attached: seq00004383_i03_c006_r000_IMG_LRG.jpg (2048x1152, 920K)

left one sucks, ugly and soulless. also not enough space between houses. house in the middle gets 7/10, add a pool and TNT the left house for some more green space and it's 9/10 easily

Now that's comfy.

To the untrained eye it probably looks a lot like those boxes, but a bit bigger than normal and it doesn't have a bunch of clones around it. Anyway here is a pic from christmas.

Attached: 20181223_202452.jpg (2596x2076, 1.03M)

on the hillside

>bitches are the ones who get to pick the house

youtube.com/watch?v=bjAiSrfeVgw

It's very expensive to live there though, because it's practically central Stockholm (it's a very green city like that).

Attached: Capture.png (902x636, 1.46M)

Comfy. Very similar to Norway, but we don't have any places that are so flat.

Damn, wouldn't think the center of a city could be that green.

Pretty common here in Sweden. People like their green areas. I live in the middle of a city here and 15 minutes away I could get lost on the woods and never find my way back.

Attached: 153.jpg (1200x800, 233K)

This is Scandinavia, we don't build away the natural landscape. Say hello to the least green city of Norway.

Attached: Oslo.jpg (3483x2317, 1.44M)

I've spent a day swimming across most of that last year kek. You have nice waters over there. The ater was around 23-25 degrees.
Though I was drunk.

>The ater
>"Water"

i love my country unironically, i guess the only other places i would like to live are colombia, paraguay and peru

I'm already pretty comfy here

Attached: woods_rathdown.jpg (1140x713, 594K)

You are not afraid of the crime?.

No I wouldn't, imagine cleaning of all this shit?

I want to live in a comfy two room apartment in fucking Europe and I will

Yeah, you got nice waters too, albeit I only swam in your lakes.

Nice and comfy.

Stockholm is lovely like that. This picture is what used to be the royal hunting grounds, also part of central Stockholm.

Yeah, it's not like Oslo but the cool thing about Stockholm is that there are a lot of nice rocks and elevation like that though. You can ski and hike and have a very nice time in the natural surroundings.

Attached: new-year-Stockholm-3.jpg (3500x2368, 2.66M)

nope, even with 30/100k homicide rate its mainly criminals who die and its still pretty rare to be murdered. Theft is common but i think a place where crime was impossible would be boring, i was stabed once when i fought two robber but they fleed without nothing the adrenaline was incredible and i remember it untill today. Also i dont care to be poor and dont buy fancy things, i have what to eat, go to uni, hospitals are cheap and love my gf.

based

Too be honest, our countries should be one. We belong together as one.
At least the border is pretty much pointless, I walk across daily with my dog.

>tf
>tp

But really. I'd never want to live in amerisuburb.

>Too be honest
Fuck.. To.
No excuses here, I just suck at English.

Why do you want to merge with Norway?.

I would advocate a post-Swexit Nordic Union, but that's about as far as I would take it.

i also was thinking in getting israeli citizenship because my grandfather but i think i will not bother to move

>it's the israeli poster again

Attached: 1549676419248.jpg (766x517, 45K)

Not really. I grew up in a suburb and grew tired of the lifestyle quickly. We're talking a large house (330sqm) with a large plot so not some europoor shoebox.

Getting a drivers license made it bearable for a while but it sucks having to drive/ take the bus everywhere.

Because the border and "differences" is pretty much fiction. Norway and Sweden is almost 100% identical, the languages is no more than dialects.
I live on the Swedish/Norwegian border and going back and forth is like crossing the street. No difference.

no one under age 35 wants to live in a suburb, maybe not even until 40.

So where do you live now?.
In the city center?.

Suburb no, but that comfy isolated lake house looks amazing.

>Too be honest, our countries should be one. We belong together as one.
I love Sweden but if we were to be united we could not have any of your politicians, save Jimmie. We'd have to get rid some of ours too tho.

Another housing thread, good god this depresses me. I live in a 1 bed flat with my family, shit sucks, cant afford to move out, family is poor, cant get a job, and the only things on offer is either souless modern thin wall box or some 100 year old box that will have some issues. All of them attached with no parking or garden or balcony or the sun. I do wish i was in the usa atleast i can afford some fucking house that is an actual house even if cardboard it'd eventually be more worth than rent for life here.

Attached: 1551090177592.png (511x534, 316K)

I'm 26, and I don't have a choice. All of Norway is one big suburb.

I'd be ok with that. You guys can be in charge. Norway is superior.

More or less. Small 1bd apartment that I haven't grown tired of yet. Commuting time is 10min one way by bike. I have every necessity within walking distance.

You don't want to live in the city?.

No shit it's the same when you live on the border, but you can't extrapolate that to the entire nations. We've tried this before and it was equally pointless then. Also, I don't think Norwegians would appreciate being called Norrige again and to have all the maps say "the western sea" instead of "the Norwegian sea" as they did back then.

Attached: 19729.jpg (1000x1216, 132K)

>Norway and Sweden is almost 100% identical, the languages is no more than dialects
The same could be said for Belarus, Ukraine and Russia, yet they remain separate.

well a suburb would be an upgrade for me so yes

preferably not modern suburbia but like 10-20 years ago too