WHY IS DUTCH CYCLING INFRASTRUCTURE SO GOOD

WHY IS DUTCH CYCLING INFRASTRUCTURE SO GOOD

Attached: 1528886307669.jpg (399x489, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3VYwnSbCn0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Society_of_Civil_Engineers
youtu.be/n-AbPav5E5M?t=58
youtu.be/qp0cFOubQ5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good funding and public interest

europoors with no money and no space to house their population. Just read about all the people who have no apartments there

Frankly i fear that Europeans don't take helmet safety seriously

Attached: a_snowstorm.jpg (2000x1333, 452K)

shit bait

meanwhile in hamburg germany

Attached: radweg.jpg (730x487, 130K)

I wish cycling infrastructure in the us, especially los Angeles, was better

LA could've been the ideal city for cyclists

dense population center, sunny all the time, close to beaches

There's no reason for it to be so poor for cyclists

social need, something anglos cannot comprehend

>LA
>dense
los angeles is a city built for cars and automobile traffic

This
We are too poor to afford cars n shiet
All of us live in poverty so we have to commute by bike

I've heard tell that even your president rides his bike to work

Attached: Mark-Rutte-cycle.jpg (700x415, 95K)

It's a first, small and flat country, no reason not to invest in cycling infrastructure

Because its flat and overpopulated

Attached: population density world.jpg (1500x841, 274K)

Because it's even more flat than the UK, so they developed a big bike culture, nationwide.

Uhmmm... No its not?

bangladesh tier. Imagine the smell

Attached: 1815041.jpg (700x440, 467K)

its accually super interesting the differences between new and old world cities. New world theres a super dense gentrified inner city with skyscrapers and then turning into suburbs which endlessly expand. In the newer new world like here there isn't even a poor or industrial inner city at all.
old world theres fuck all skyscrapers just 5 story commie blocks and then it just ends and theres farms all of a sudden. But area wise the cities are absolutely fucking tiny, which is why bikes are so much better there.

The funny thing is, in Bangladesh it looks like that on a regular day, while that picture was taken on Konigsdag.

tell me, why does the anglo go into holocaust rage mode at the sight of a cyclist wearing a helmet

You know all the post-apocalyptic things you see about Bangladesh population are always images during a holiday as well (Eid Al Ftr)

youtube.com/watch?v=u3VYwnSbCn0

>5 story commie blocks
if these are commie blocks then i'd gladly live in a commie block

Attached: vue-haussmann-paris.jpg (912x608, 200K)

>SO GOOD

Attached: the_hague_central.jpg (3264x2448, 3.72M)

LA is technically denser than nyc.
It's just spread over a much larger area, while Manhattan is dense af with other parts being not so much. LA is considered the most dense urban area in the nation.

LA is dense enough to be a good city for cyclists honestly. It's pretty flat in most parts of the city, and has a decent public transit network that's still expanding, so people could bike to some metro station and then use the bike for last mile solutions theoretically

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Attached: houston texas before and after.jpg (1252x450, 187K)

It's safety first over here friend

Attached: san fran.jpg (4288x2848, 2.82M)

In most highly frequented places in the Netherlands people use these

Attached: stallingsgebouw-station-apeldoorn-c.jpg (492x328, 68K)

because anglo countries are fucking dogshit and they're only getting worse

What is this picture supposed to mean? Some buildings popped up and a nice green space was developed?

a country with terrible infrastructure across the board saying the netherlands has shit cycling infrastructure (when its the best in the world)

>a country with terrible infrastructure
just so you know this is one of the dumbest memes on Jow Forums

Attached: ramzan-kadyrov_0.jpg (820x547, 32K)

if you want to live in a country where you can live inner city without being a millionaire but also have fuck all space or privacy yeah. It's a trade off.
Going to uni in brisbane now id much rather live in a euro style city not in a suburb with a commute and a 25 min walk to the train station if i want to rink anywhere else.
But where i grew up was great because there's an actual backyard an you could have people over but the city was small enough to walk into the centre of town anyway, thats the sweet spot. Just dogshit jobs and the uni is trash.

ok burger

Attached: american infrastructure rated by american civil engineers.png (814x444, 41K)

>but also have fuck all space or privacy yeah
i live in the suburbs in southern brisbane and i still have fuck all privacy
all my neighbours houses tower over my backyard and i can hear my neighbours talking because theres no fences

suburbia was a mistake

where did you grow up, by the way

Trust me we do just fine for a nation of hundreds of millions with vast networks of river, rail and roads despite what some "engineering association" says

Cuz they r niggers.

ah yes just ignore the experts that live in the country because you know better than all of them combined, right?

GAS THE BIKES

Well I've lived here over 40 years and spent 20 of them in engineering so there's that. Also I never implied it's perfect but considering its scale it is far from "terrible"

RACE CAR NOW

>netherlands
>president

Attached: 1453196419525.png (382x478, 28K)

neo-suburbia is the shittest of all. Worst of all worlds. Even worse because everythings even further away so they can fit more houses in without backyards.
fucking toowoomba

Should I transition /b/ros?

Haha yeah bikes are so great

Attached: ABB36262-4818-4C5F-8B99-F741C88A535F.jpg (800x467, 226K)

soyboys wear helmets, you soyboy

lmao looks like ass. where is this so i can avoid it?

>Well I've lived here over 40 years and spent 20 of them in engineering so there's that
they've spent 160

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Society_of_Civil_Engineers

looks like utrecht(?)
highest young female:male ratio in the netherlands with the innercity being car free, only accessible by public transport or bikes/foot iirc

A traffic jams a common occurrence?

Attached: traffic jam.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

why is dutch fashion so bad if you create so many models

god this looks fucking weird

post the video

youtu.be/n-AbPav5E5M?t=58
eh kind of, it's mostly annoying if you are cycling behind a group of elementary school children or if you are nearing a high school (or if you're a city cuck :^))

youtu.be/qp0cFOubQ5I

Attached: Afternoon-Chat-2-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 120K)

why don't you make an elevated roadway? it takes probably under 500.000 euro to create and alleviates the jam

We have those, but the video you're seeing is Utrecht where space is sparse, and waiting in front of a stoplight isn't that big of a problem desu

Attached: 1524010755740.jpg (560x420, 64K)

lmao why would anybody take advice from an american when it comes to infrastructure

Attached: one of the greatest cities in the world aka los angeles lol.jpg (1843x1468, 753K)

Also going up the elevated roadway is a pain in the ass

I feel like this might cause some pretty serious road rage issues over here

Attached: SSChtMO.jpg (1200x900, 311K)

neck yourself

extreme rude and very very uncalled for
I mean cars in the US aren't very used to cyclist right? are there no very flat US states where there is a lot of cycling (compared to other US states)?

>cars in the US aren't very used to cyclist right
Yes, some cities like where I am do have quite a few but they are the exception and not the rule, also It seems more recreational than practical for the most part. Suburban and rural cycling for transportation is virtually unheard of regardless of terrain

Attached: ChicagoBikes1.jpg (640x480, 42K)

>every few months realise I haven't used helmet for commuting and start using it again
>always gradually stop using helmet in a few weeks without even noticing

maybe that's why I'm here and not a surgeon-banker

helmets are for fagets