This thread is for the discussion of the language, culture, travel, daily life, etc. of Korea

This thread is for the discussion of the language, culture, travel, daily life, etc. of Korea.
Let's tark at randam in Korean and English. Take it easy!

Previous Thread

Attached: monkey-house.jpg (600x350, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0010040599
notepet.co.kr/news/article/article_view/?groupCode=AB110AD11&idx=12870&page=1
h21.hani.co.kr/arti/cover/cover_general/30838.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous Thread

i am now learning about korean history, so please any korean translate this for me.
thanks in advance

news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0010040599

SBS 시사교양프로그램 ‘그것이 알고 싶다’에서 몽키하우스에 대해 전했다.

7일 오후 방송된 SBS ‘그것이 알고 싶다’에서는 ‘꽃들에 관한 인권보고서 2부 ?몽키하우스와 비밀의 방’ 특집이 방송됐다.

방송 초반엔 몽키하우스 인근 주민의 인터뷰가 공개됐다. 주민은 “몽키하우스, 그러면 감옥을 뜻한다”며 “사실 비슷하지 뭐. 한번 들어가면 못나오는데”라고 했다. 이어 “여자 귀신이 산다고 했다. 그래서 신발 소리가 난다더라”고 전했다.

수감됐다고 한 이는 제작진에 “산꼭대기에 큰 빌딩에 가둔다”며 “언니들은 다 가두고 그렇게 있는 것이다”고 했다. 다른 이는 “들어가면 주사는 맞는데 고통이 대단하다”라며 “막 찌릿해서 걷지도 못한다”고 설명했다.

MC 김상중은 “몽키하우스는 한 번 들어가면 절대 나올 수 없다는 뜻”이라고 설명을 더했다.

김동필 대학생 인턴기자 [email protected], 사진=그것이 알고 싶다 캡쳐

[출처] - 국민일보
[원본링크] - news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0010040599

i wonder if those korean who made jap hate thread and now are chimping out, teach me korean things.

>thread
*threadS

I live with a Korean gf and she's a 2nd Generation immigrant so she grew up in a family where they eat a shitton of Korean cuisine, and now she tries to feed me that.
Is there a place where I can find the staples of the Korean cuisine with recipes and shit? She says she knows all the names but not sure about recipes because it was her parents cooking for her before we moved together.

i can't even read korean language well.
but this seems some cuisine or something.
pic related

notepet.co.kr/news/article/article_view/?groupCode=AB110AD11&idx=12870&page=1

Attached: kim-knock-it-off.jpg (800x584, 70K)

Don't post here this is not a Korean thread let that loser bark alone

안녕하세요

Elena!

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-12-23-00-43.png (1440x2560, 2.9M)

>몽키하우스
What does it mean?

>몽키하우스
south korean history you would never learn

hola chica bonita

On the SBS current affairs program 'I want to know' people were asked about Monkey House.

On the 7th, a special civil rights report on the Monkey House secret room was broadcast.

In the beginning of the program they interviewe people. Citizens said "It sounds like a prison, but it's actually not really similar. If you enter even once you won't come back out. There's a woman ghost and you can hear the sound of the shoes walking around."

The confined production crew stated that "We were locked up in a big building on the top of a mountain, the women were confined like that." Another said "When you enter you are given a shot but the pain is tremendous, it was so bad I couldn't even walk" they explained.

MC Kim Sang Jung explained that "Monkey House is a place that once you enter you cannot leave."

Rough translation..

Hola cómo estás?

you know, butturt jap thread

Attached: jap.jpg (453x392, 44K)

thanks, so the program is about women ghost?

bien

안녕하세요 한국어

Attached: 2019022780075_thumb.jpg (200x277, 44K)

I didn't watch it so from the article I think they mean it is haunted because of what happened there. They interviewed local peoples experiences in one of these "Monkey Houses" which were used for prostitution for US military.

You can search it in English.

>used for prostitution for US military.
i actually wonder if it was not only for us military, though. are you sure of it?

I don't know. But research says they use different name to distinguish US war crime and Japan war crime. Go research yourself because I don't know.

thanks.
i just did the quick research for it. and it seems at least the government was involved in the prostitute, and south korean soldiers also used it.
am i right?

h21.hani.co.kr/arti/cover/cover_general/30838.html

>전쟁을 거치며 국가는 스스로 법을 깼다. 정부의 1956년 자료를 보면, 육군본부는 서울과 강릉 등 4곳에서 위안소를 운영했다. 자료에서 확인된 ‘위안부’ 수는 79명이었다. 1952년 이 여성들을 찾은 남성은 연인원이 20만4560명이었다. 육군본부는 “(사병들이) 이성에 대한 동경에서 야기되는 생리작용으로 인한 성격의 변화 등으로 우울증 및 기타 지장을 초래함을 예방하기 위하여”라고 취지를 설명했다. 채명신 장군도 회고록 에서 “당시 우리 육군은 사기 진작을 위해 60여 명을 1개 중대로 하는 위안부대를 서너 개 운용했다”고 썼다.

정부는 국군뿐 아니라, 유엔 연합군을 위한 ‘위안소’도 운영했다. 1950년 9월 기사를 보면, 마산시가 “수일 내로 시내에다 연합군의 노고에 보답하는 연합군 ‘위안소’ 5개소를 신·구 마산에 설치하기로 되어 이의 허가증을 이미 발부했다”. 당시 정부 보건부 방역국에서 내놓은 ‘청소 및 접객영업 위생사무 취급요령’ 자료에서도 연합군 위안소와 위안부에 대한 지시사항을 담고 있다. 정부가 성매매를 알선한 ‘포주’ 노릇을 맡았다고 증언하는 문서는 서글프게도, 차고 넘쳤다.

bump