Why would anybody willingly live in New York City?

Why would anybody willingly live in New York City?

Attached: new-york-city-usa-traffic-skyscrapers-street-cars-people-1080P-wallpaper-middle-size.jpg (970x606, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1dWeE4X_c00
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_population_density
m.landsofamerica.com/property/5-acres-in-Lampasas-County-Texas/6376244
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is it true that is a dirt (literally) place?

Money is always the reason

I want to visit New York sometime

No idea. 3 days on holiday nearly drove me nuts.
Honest question here, why the fuck does every single car honk it's horn ALL THE FUCKING TIME?

if i had lots of money i'd buy an apartment there

Why the fuck not? It’s better than rural backwater where smoking crack and incest are major activities.

good food
lots of shows
what more could you ask for

Status, the feeling of being where your movies were. I know a few fellow grads who went to go live in a shoebox and do dead end work just for the opportunity to live there.

Personally if I'm going to live somewhere grossly overpriced I'm going to pick a nicer and more comfy spot.

i live in nyc and i hate it.

go ahead, push my buttons.

A lot of really good job opportunities in various fields, it's somewhat normal to get by there for a few years before moving somewhere else to have a family. There's a lot going on.

For the people who choose to live there, assuming they are rich, there's a lot of culture, good food, things to do, etc. No idea why poor people would live there unless they are trying to make it in some field or make money from tourists as beggars.

It is incredibly filthy. It's actually the dirtiest city I've ever been in, worse than Paris or Mexico City.

Getting my bachelor's

androids

I found the smaller towns in the US a lot comfier than New York. Sure, it's cool for a day or two but then it's just nightmarish.
I feel ya man. I could never live there.

went there as a kid and started crying when i arrived because of the endless concrete highrises, filthy air that made me sick and the non stop honking.
way too stressful a city for me.. a million fast paced people pass you in a minute

>I go to Stockholm last summer
>feel like I'm gonna die there, such insane amounts of people
>traffic, bad air and never ending noise
>tfw New York city has almost as many people as this entire country

Hell on earth.

Attached: 157823849.jpg (598x714, 303K)

Country people are such faggots. NYC truly is a hellhole but Stockholm has 1.3 million people, it's impossible for it to be as chaotic as you say. You're just not used to it.

Compared to pic related where I live, it is. All cities are hell.

Attached: DSCIM20180622.png (1481x831, 2.22M)

All major US cities attract people with money on their mind. It's insane how many people from all around the world come to wageslave there with the mindset of eventually making 7 figures.

It's good

Attached: image.jpg (1242x929, 131K)

Because it's the greatest city in the world

youtube.com/watch?v=1dWeE4X_c00

who is this guy

Andrew?

Unironically cleaner than T*ronto

only good part

Attached: staten island.jpg (1200x675, 208K)

Nyc is a pretty great place but i couldnt live there. Lots of pros but also lots of cons. Ive visited nyc alot and also chicago, and i dont get why anyone would choose nyc. Chicago is a smaller and slower paced nyc with most of the pros, but way less cons. Chicago people are kind and humble midwest people, nyc people are neurotic angry crackheads by comparison. Also the food was better in chicago, everyone hyped the the food in nyc but i guess i ate at all the wrong places. Chicago is 100x cheaper to live in too. Chicago isnt on the coast unfortunately, but that really doesnt matter, they still have beaches and water that goes further than the eye can see, it's like the ocean minus ever getting a hurricane. I have visted boston and san francisco but didnt get a good impression of them but i only stayed 4 days in those cities. Im really curious about tokyo and mexico city... i cant imagine how crazy those cities are if nyc was too dizzying for me.

it's very easy to romanticize

there are people who live there for work who try to blow it out of proportion and make it seem great. I'm from middle America and I know there's probably lots of good food there and lots of consumer options, but ultimately it's polluted, dangerous, full of spics and niggers, noisy, crowded, impossible to drive around, and so on.

I think I'm better off in any middle American city.

Because walking is almost always faster than going by car. Not even joking. People think it's faster by car so they drive when they are in a hurry but then they just fuck themselves over and honk like crazy cause they get mad as fuck that traffic is so slow.

How can anyone afford to live there?

Greatest city in the world

they attract more homeless crackheads

you're like 10,000x more likely to be stabbed on the street by a schizoid nigger in NYC than in any medium sized city like milwaukee or columbus

NYC is fun to visit, but yea, fuck ever living there.

Fuck living in any major city for that matter

It could be nuked tomorrow and nothing of value would be lost

Imagine never seeing an animal in your life, imagine never seeing a forest in your life...

boris?

You sure you aren't just autistic?

Because I am and yeah NYC is a nightmare. Had a little meltdown after walking through Manhatten for 2 hours. Too many people, noises, lights, everything.

What did you expect going to an extremely dense and urban city?

The last time I went to Manhattan, I drove through the Holland Tunnel on a Sunday morning and parked near Canal St. Traffic was fairly light. When I came back that night to my car, everything was jammed up because of some sort of parade that had gone down Canal that afternoon. It took me over an hour to travel about 10 blocks back to the Holland tunnel, and then quite a while to get through the tunnel itself. I can't imagine dealing with that sort of thing every single day.

Attached: 02_lunarnewyearparade2016_walterwlodarczyk_0068__large[1].jpg (1200x800, 226K)

nyc has plenty of wild life in central park. ever heard of pale male? and the central park is better than some forests.

I may be making a generalization but almost all westerners (North America and Europe) I have seen despise urban life and romantize life in the countryside. Big cities are stereotyped as crowded, unsafe, and filthy in their minds. That could be true in case of big cities in their countries but I noticed that Koreans and Japanese don’t have the same image about Seoul and Tokyo respectively.
Crowded? Well, of course.
Unsafe and filthy? Not at all.
Why is there such difference? I’m curious.

It was still super interesting to see. Also I went on that trip with family, I didn't pay anything for it so lol
Never would've gone there on my own.

It's way different from european cities

Manhattan is not that dense compared to a lot of cities around the world. Pic related is Delhi, India.

Attached: 1uiUTkv[1].jpg (1500x1590, 1.52M)

You're ant people

imagine the smell

Bitch do you know how fucking tall the buildings in NYC are?

of course it is different than anything and everything. it is unique. the capital of the world. crazy and insane and filthy and beautiful. everyone has different opinions about it. but we all agree it is unique.

Obviously. That’s why you travel, to experience different things. If I went to Kuwait, it would surely be different from Washington DC.

besides free space, it has everything. you can be a 30-60min train ride away from anyone who shares your extremely niche interest

You’re not aware of one thing: westerners who travelled Seoul also agree that Seoul is safer and much cleaner than how cities as big as it are supposed to be.

>it is different than anything and everything.
Not really. It has a similar feel to Chinese cities

It’s because Asians are the most efficient race

bitch are you confusing nyc and manhattan?

I guess I should've said Manhattan
But still, comparing your pic with Manhattan is dumb because it may be dense but these buildings are tiny

i am not him but i am saying population density in nyc is not that high. it is not even on the list:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_population_density
neither is dehli btw

Well there's a lot of other city parts in NYC itself that aren't that dense. I wonder how Manhattan compares to these, though.

well manhattan is 70k people per sq mile. that's comparable to asian cities and it would make top 10 as a separate city. nyc average is 2-3 times less.

Manhattan's population density is 28,154 people per square km (about 1.7 million people on an island of about 60 square km of land). This is about half the density of a place like Kwun Tong district, Hong Kong. And both are much less dense than parts of Indian cities - Dharavi in Mumbai has a density of around 277,000/square km.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1600x900, 1.14M)

Neat, thanks user I was too tired to look it up

>277,000/square km.

Attached: Screenshot_19.png (398x423, 279K)

>fiance's family lives in Brooklyn
>go to visit
>shoebox apartment
>hasidic jews everywhere
>homeless everywhere
>jew neighborhood watch
>jew ambulance blocking traffic
>rent is $3k
"Don't you want to retire here B?"

Also
>single drop of water hits the sidewalk
>everyone opens an umbrella at eye height
>these people are fucking retarded
>start swatting umbrellas from my face
>see another guy doing the exact same thing
>we both acknowledge each other
>fist bump then both slap an umbrella out of some soyboy's hands
>now I understand the appeal of this city
>mfw you can be a complete asshole and no one will do anything about it

And that's without any high-rises or skyscrapers. It's done with incredibly dense, wall-to-wall small shacks with few real roads (only alleyways). There are usually a few "hyper-dense" spots in South Asian cities like this. Lahore's Old Walled City has areas that are so dense that upper-floors of buildings have no actual stairs, and can only be reached by ladders or by crossing the roof of another building.

Attached: dharavi-aerial-view-by-shekar[1].jpg (1600x1067, 1.55M)

>Imagine never seeing an animal in your life
Rats are animals.

>the capital of the world
lel

Brooklyn actually DOES have places full of Boomer retirees, like Gerritsen Beach. You can dock your boat in the bay behind your house.

Attached: 332135909[1].jpg (1064x800, 99K)

>plenty of wildlife
a single noteworthy family of birds
>central park is better than some forests
False

>imagine never seeing a forest in your life
in the civilized world we have these things called cars, and with them you can go from the city to a forest in a couple hours!
dumb hillbilly

looks cozy

New York City is a literal forge of hate and spite that needs to be quarantined from the rest of the country. With the money I would spend on a shitty excuse for a house in NYC, I could finance an entire ranch in Texas.

based rural poster
urban is synonymous with faggotry

>look up pale male
>it's just a dumb fucking hawk
so this is the power of citycuck environments

that's worse than favelas. literally no different than some of the worst slums in africa. except they are surrounded by relatively standard buildings in the background.

>People in New York City don't have lan-

Attached: 31backyards.1.enlarge[1].jpg (670x450, 126K)

m.landsofamerica.com/property/5-acres-in-Lampasas-County-Texas/6376244
Please

top fucking kek. i understand little patches where you can grow flowers/veggies but this cuck with the gay ass reel mower has a fucking lawn and nothing else? for what purpose. does he play cricket there?

Give me a reason why it isn't

it comes second after bendigo

its one of those push powered little shits you see in cartoons hahahaha

yeah it seems to be this shit. it makes sense though. makes him feel as exhausted as if he mowed a fucking acre of land so he feels like a hard core farmer lmao those cucks

Attached: hand-reel-14-inch.jpg (256x496, 11K)

Seething poorfags
>i-i never wanted to leave Oklahoma anyways, tornadoes aren't even that bad when you used to it

I can drive to DTLA and have the same shitty experience.

Where else to live, rest of cities are suburb which means shit. And they can barely called cities and rather would called giantic village

>277,000/square km.
how? sounds impossible

chicago sucks i hate going there
>be from Michigan

Rural living a half hour drive from a major city master race reporting.
>comfy inawoods life
>amazon delivers shit I want
>can shoot guns whenever I feel like
>can go into the city if I feel like it
Still hate the fucking traffic and I'd go mad dealing with it daily

rather live in oklahoma than lithuania
t. based and redpilled WAnon

It's probably for doge.

Attached: Grass%20post%20-%205_0[1].jpg (1280x960, 770K)

Manhattan is pretty cool.

It looks unsettling
I prefer comfy small American towns

must see at least once tqbh but living there must be pretty bad and tiring
i'd love to live somewhere where the weather is awesome all year round

the subhumans there cough with their mouth open

>non stop honking

Attached: 1bb.gif (487x815, 587K)

Grew up there. Now I live in Cleveland. NYC is way more fun, way more stuff to do, and much safer, but Cleveland is an easier life.

The capital of the world is London, brainlet. NYC is the financial capital of the world only.

NYC is a capital of the world.

Everyone in this thread

Attached: MiddleAmerica.jpg (477x316, 24K)

How much of a shithole is Cleveland if NYC is safer lmao

NYC is actually pretty safe, even in the hood. Its just kind of scary for people who havent been there because its so unique.
Cleveland is the shittiest ghettoest place I have ever been. Homeless people are aggressive af, whole neighborhoods are abandoned rotting houses. Ive had random people here just scream that they were going to kill me, almost got robbed before, saw a man with a gun on the bus.
I live in one of the nicer areas and there are shootouts and robberies on my campus on a biweekly basis
Dont believe all of these rednecks on Jow Forums, the midwest is ghetto af

h-how to get out