Has religion ever helped you to cure depression?

Has religion ever helped you to cure depression?

Attached: yeah right.jpg (548x500, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=--UABwqW9Sg
youtube.com/watch?v=fiK8wHm4JGM
youtube.com/watch?v=wsLptc5fTxM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvnE6erj6I
youtube.com/watch?v=RNcWIqlk3-k&index=11&list=PLJRF-uXgTD9VCxcRdiGQ84m2LGDnt3nFv&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=T7KSK0E0Ja0&list=PLJRF-uXgTD9VCxcRdiGQ84m2LGDnt3nFv&index=17&t=0s
youtu.be/isxvXITTLLY
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&t=987&v=JxBnoBENAp4
youtube.com/watch?v=9Hn1_V3hKXE&index=12&list=PLJRF-uXgTD9VCxcRdiGQ84m2LGDnt3nFv&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes; Islam is the only answer

it did but according to everyone around me it was the wrong religion so now i've abandoned it and am depressed again

Our Father in heaven, why have you abandoned me...

Attached: 1551615782564.jpg (1920x1080, 1021K)

not at all. this may sound cheesy but I lost my faith in a benevolent God after my darkest moments. I used to beg God to take away my suffering but nobody answered.

Based and greenpilled

No.

>Our Father in heaven, why have you abandoned me...

Attached: 1552382072318.jpg (1280x936, 102K)

Yes.
>t. moderate Christian Scientist

Attached: cross-crown.png (728x400, 54K)

>I used to beg God to take away my suffering but nobody answered
Maybe it works not like that but different?

Attached: יעל .jpg (660x371, 27K)

you keep knocking and knocking, then you find out, the house has always been empty

Attached: 1548641439293.png (1920x1080, 883K)

Stop it.
I've come to seek help not that dark shit.

Attached: 15514060420070.png (480x365, 210K)

Stay strong, Russbro
You'll climb out of this pit of despair
Have faith in the Lord thy God, He who is most holy, will guide you out

Attached: 1549516096032.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

How?
Did you pray?
Or maybe it was like some enlightenment?

I worship pussy on a pedastol, the vagina is the only real deity

So yes

I started to read the bible after breaking up with my girlfriend after finding she was cheating since the beginning and holy shit God is a cunt

Top lel

Yes, Christianity prevented me from killing myself and gave me hope. I have no existential crises anymore.
God gave us free will friendo
If he intervened in life all the time, that would violate the free will of others. He gave us the power to help ourselves. Go out and seek a therapist or something.
Old testament God = cunt
New Testament God = begging you to be a soyboy

>God is a cunt
Why?

The opposite actually
What kept me through suffering is knowing that death would be an eternal void

All outcomes of your life have already been predetermined. Everything is already set in stone. No God or no action of yours will change what is to come. You could choose to jump off a cliff to end it all or continue living your life, both have consequences that are already there to happen.

>All outcomes of your life have already been predetermined.
Sounds like a consolation for every fail desu.

Just join a comfy Orthodox monastery bro

hinduism is such a shitty religion

Absolute state of "religious" "people"

Religion is a farce t b h. Camus saved me more than st Augustine ever did.

I don't feel like Christianity is my religion.
Nor Islam.
I like Judaism with it's philosophy.

Religion doesn't cure shit.

Nothing about what I said relates to Hinduism at all.

Religion (Islam) only caused me to be depressed. Growing up, my family was very secular with my dad being an alcoholic and my mom dressing like everyone else. No one prayed and it was comfy. Then they had a mid life crisis and became insanely religious and I had to watch my family become people they weren't anymore. Also Muhammad is a pedo who raped a 9 year old girl.

Tldr: islam a shit and I want my family back

>Christian Scientist
Wew lad.

Muhammad and his loli wife are probably the best parts of the entire religion, desu.

same
I joined Shi'isme in my teens and then my parents had a realization about their own religious beliefs, they started becoming more and more religious. I honestly don't mind but the first few months with them trying to get to go with them for prayers and such were annoying

Attached: 1550986358790.png (818x944, 204K)

Judaism is the only thing that keeps me happy. I love the discussion, it keeps me on my feet.

Yup! Motherfucking pedophile from 6th century.

Shalom.
Noahide or jew?

>el autista appears
Cringe

I'm sure it's not that big of a deal in a muslim majority country. When I saw my mom go out with a hijab for the first time several months ago it felt like a stab in the chest. Made me feel embarrassed to be associated. She lost all her old personality and is basically a slave to Islam

I listen to religious songs
My favorite is “Punishment of the Treacherous”

I like this
youtube.com/watch?v=--UABwqW9Sg

Unfortunately I'm a nihilist since my teens and I can't really deceive myself into thinking religion is real.

Jewish. If you're interested in philosophical discussion I highly recommend you read Rashi. Philosophy was really one of the only things I miss from being orthodox.

>She lost all her old personality and is basically a slave to Islam
sounds about right
you just hang in there, the first few months are going to feel like shit
they'll tone it down but its gonna take some time

youtube.com/watch?v=fiK8wHm4JGM
i also like the arabic version

Yes. Nihilism and no afterlife mean that there is no transcendental morality and nothing matters, especially not any of the abuse you have lived through nor committed.

Everyone before this era we live through was powerless and impoverished compared to you right now, even if you're a minimum wagecuck.

My favourite is "Komm, süsser Tod".

B&R

t. Rajeet Hussam

>look it up
kek

I work at a church, and after services I usually feel more patient and compassionate

>work at a church
how does that work?
are you the groundskeeper?

Your life doesn't matter idiot, that's the point. Humans aren't special because they're extra sentiant and the world doesn't revolve around us. Just because there's no magic mission for us out there doesn't mean we lack things like empathy and self-motivation. If you want to slave yourself away though to empty promises go ahead.

thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=wsLptc5fTxM

Based

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvnE6erj6I
The story behind this hymn is simultaneously heartbreaking and inspiring. The poet who wrote the lyrics saw his little son die from illness and his financial situation ruined by a huge fire. He delayed his family vacation plans and eventually sent his wife and daughters ahead with the plan of catching up to them after fixing his finances. The ship carrying his wife and daughters sank, and his wife survived but all four daughters drowned. He wrote this hymn as he and his wife contemplated their situation, and they eventually went on to found a charity in the Middle East that helped many suffering people later on.

It is helpful, religious people overall are more happy than seculars and atheist.
I understand what you mean, personally, the subject of death and evil often makes me feel unsure about what to believe, but the Bible also discusses about the problems of life and how not every good person gets a satisfying life and how some bad ones get away with their crimes several times in the OT and even in the NT and with Jesus' disciples (only one of them died a natural death and even then lived a poor lifestyle). What I'm saying is, that the message of "Believe in god and good things will happen in your life" is not necessarily accurate or what christianity is about, many people just seem to misinterpret that and even the books discussing about that. Not supposed to make you believe in God again, but I thought I would let you know.

I listen to this guy and medieval german music while programming or just feels bad:
youtube.com/watch?v=RNcWIqlk3-k&index=11&list=PLJRF-uXgTD9VCxcRdiGQ84m2LGDnt3nFv&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=T7KSK0E0Ja0&list=PLJRF-uXgTD9VCxcRdiGQ84m2LGDnt3nFv&index=17&t=0s
Also made me learned German recently. Medieval life seems comfy. (not for a peasant obv)

>Has religion ever helped you to cure depression?
It helped yes. Still helping.

How did you come to this music and are you atcually indonesian or a shartmutt on a holyday trip?

you have no idea, Hans
youtu.be/isxvXITTLLY
Asians all over are conplete Teutonboos

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&t=987&v=JxBnoBENAp4

Attached: 75468B40-072C-4B5B-80ED-173706711CDC.jpg (960x1280, 231K)

100% Javanese actually.
IDK, couple years ago I browsed for random comfy music for programming, then this video randomly popped up. I'm hooked.
youtube.com/watch?v=9Hn1_V3hKXE&index=12&list=PLJRF-uXgTD9VCxcRdiGQ84m2LGDnt3nFv&t=0s

my bro

Suprising, I only see cringy Larpers there.

Tho we have medival festivals on a regular base which are pretty comfy.

What programming language are you learning Sukarno ? I just started with Java.

Youtube and unirronically video gaymes changes my personality.
I mostly use C#, for web framework ASP.Net core is my go to. I'm currently working on PHP right now for hotel system. (which is sucks)

>What programming language are you learning Sukarno ?
he said before he is javanese

I just did some prayers and went to church to contemplate on my decisions and plans and prayed and it made me feel better If I were to be honest

Choir singer

based
cringe

>JAVA
How are the Indian tutorials treating you? Start with Python or Ruby or Javascript. If you learn JAVA you will be working with nothing but Indians.