Been travelling around the UK a little bit: London, Bristol, Birmingham, Liverpool and Brighton

Been travelling around the UK a little bit: London, Bristol, Birmingham, Liverpool and Brighton.
Very disappointed so far.
Are there any actually nice cities in the UK?
Currently at Brighton and it's a shithole. For fucks sake, isn't UK rich? Why are UK cities so shit?

Attached: UK-flag-Union-Jack-featured-768x513.jpg (768x513, 34K)

Aberdeen seems nice from what I've seen.
Which cunt are you from?

Nope. No nice cities or towns or anything in the UK.

Every time I visit a European country I'm astounded by how much prettier literally everything is. Even in dirty Euro cities/towns, it still looks great architecturally and the local culture seeps out of everything.

No. The UK is a dilapidating shithole.

In general the UK is actually fairly poor and has a low quality of life.
The weather contributes to that and most cities look like they were abandoned in the 1950`s and recently recolonised.
What is very pretty in the UK tho are the rural villages and countryside.
A shame they cut down many of their forests but I think that situation is improving recently.
Anyways, you can forget the big cities.

Manchester hast some nice corners, but also nothing you can't see in a medium sized western European city. Maybe also Edinburgh, but I haven't been there.

I'm from Italy.
I was thinking about going to Scotland, but would it really be different? I'm a little tired of the UK.
London was way overhyped.
I'm afraid of going to USA and being disappointed as well.
Canada was very nice.

London's pretty peng innit

Edinburgh was nice if you're into that kind of architecture

Dilapidating is a word that describes it very well. That's what I've felt about it too.

I like York.

Attached: F0F896EF-7721-4F61-8DBC-A401471B194F.jpg (739x415, 72K)

What is it that you're looking for? If you're looking for nice architecture then Edinburgh, Lincoln, Keswick, and York are really nice in that respect. Very walkable too, York especially.

Wales is also very underrated, particularly the northern part. Check out Portmadog and Caernarfon if you have the time

Should have been to Ireland instead, I visited both Dublin and Belfast and I had a pretty good time.

Wonderfully charming.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1911x960, 249K)

I'm not looking for anything in particular, just travelling. I'm just disappointed. I imagined Brighton would be better. It feels very bummy and poor.

>BMW
ENGINEERED.com

how the fuck could you not like london
industrial estates like that exist everywhere

I can still go there. Dublin seems ridiculously expensive though, for renting and staying a little longre. I heard that it's like 350 euros just to share a room with 2 or 3 other persons for a month, and hard to find too.

It had some nice sights for sure, but I found it monstrous, hard to manage and stressful. Also everyone is stressed and in a hurry.

your situation honestly sounds bizarre. for example id understand not liking liverpool because you find it too run-down, or not liking brighton because of its weird size, but i cant really see what would cause you to dislike all of those cities at the same time, especially given that brighton is just objectively not a poor place and in my opinion doesnt look it either. personally i dont really like bristol or birmingham much but think the rest are great for visiting for one reason or another
the only real suggestions i can make therefore are to check out the scottish cities which look very foreign compared to english cities (particularly recommend edinburgh which is absolutely gorgeous) and to look at smaller places. market towns and county capitals like oxford or bath or whatever. also maybe an option would be to just visit little places in a rural region (for example going from todmorden to hebden bridge etc in calderdale)

Alright man, thanks for the advice.
I just feel like the environment here isn't as good as it could be, considering the UK is rich.
Lots of old dilapidated buildings and infrastructure still in use. Decay, a general run down feel.
It's a low vibration kind of environment if you know what I mean.

liverpool isn't run down

manchester is hideous lad

British cities are well known for being ugly industrial hellholes, rural Britain is where the beauty lies

>travelling
>around the uk
top kek

Our cities look grim too, if anything more grim than Britain's

I live in bath, its rather nice. Cotswolds nearby has nice villages too.

well fair enough. for me its completely different problems that make lots of places here grim/ugly/boring
hmm the very inner city and some other parts arent but i live in a fairly central bit and most of the surrounding area is in a pretty terrible way. i really like liverpool but i probably would call it run down

London's the only worthwhile place in the UK.

York and Bath for cities.
Snowdonia and the lake district for nature.
Gower peninsular or Cornwall for beaches, sea fronts.

I personally wouldn't go to a British city for a holiday. Maybe London for a couple of days if you want to see a particular show or museum but other than that avoid!

Cities? No. The best of Britain is in museums and National Trust estates. The only thing the cities have going for them is entertainment like night-clubs and easy women, but you get that anywhere, no point in travelling here for that.

i love english people but hate england.

Italy is hard to beat in terms of architecture and general feel of the cities. I had a nice time walking around London and visiting some museums, but yeah, it’s nothing special. I haven’t been around the Uk much, so I can’t help with suggestions.

literally opposite. British people are cunts and are worse than americans.

thats why i love them, fuck sweden man, fuck the netherlands man, fuck all these countries. life would be better if under anglo rule

its been really bad weather this past week or so

i would go north and see the Hadrien's wall n shieeet, that's pure history right there

galway's nice

Time to go home Nigel.

>isn't UK rich?
No. Money flows through the UK, it never stays, there are very few British-based industries. In the past 20/30 years, governments have been borrowing huge amounts of debt in order to make it appear we are rich with shiny new pedestrian streets and schools getting a new coat of paint. But scrape way that paint and you will see a crumbling country that is rotten to the core.

>UK's capita per GDP is 40000 USD
You're retarded. The UK is obviously a very productive country.

*GDP per capita

Cities are all shit cos they got blown up during the war and rebuilt very brutalist. Bath is okay, most of the other nice places are large villages or small towns. Totnes in devon is a good example.

Not really. Most of that money is in banking and foreign companies in the UK like Toyota, the government or people don't really see that money.

I lived in oxford and I loved it. Go there

You don't know what GDP is or how it's calculated, apparently.