How would you rate my accent?

vocaroo.com/i/s0SuWP4IP6O7

From Lolita but can't remember the page.

With love, from Malaysia.

Attached: 413_p.jpg (540x810, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0KS8k9ECdf5
vocaroo.com/i/s1exPMiXaVvv
vocaroo.com/i/s1SPDHVrMXQC
paradiselost.org/8-Search-All.html
vocaroo.com/i/s0YzW9sPIA0M
vocaroo.com/i/s0aTW7AJ1KQM
youtu.be/VPJIwff3w0I?t=37
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sounds like your re-imagining of English as a language of the band-saw

Need improvements yep, need do-overs

sounds like indian IT support

Not that bad. Don't get frustrated and work on enunciation. I would vocaroo something, but it doesn't work on my phone.

im slightly high

vocaroo.com/i/s0KS8k9ECdf5

Finally, I tried really hard for this one.

vocaroo.com/i/s1exPMiXaVvv

Synopsis for Lolita that I haven't read.

I know I need practice but can you all tell me if this is understandable?

this is not understandable, it's closer to french to my ears than English

here's one for you opie
this is from brief interviews of horrible men

vocaroo.com/i/s1SPDHVrMXQC

it's a little tough, i got most of it, but some words were kind of mumbled. try and speak more clearly it woulnd'nt be as bad if you didnt sound nervous and so unsure.

Here are the synopsis:

Humbert Humbert is a middle-aged, frustrated college professor. In love with his landlady's twelve-year-old daughter Lolita, he'll do anything to possess her. Unable and unwilling to stop himself, he is prepared to commit any crime to get what he wants.

Is he in love or insane? A silver-tongued poet or a pervert? A tortured soul or a monster? Or is he all of these?

French people sound like me?

That's hysterical.

>some words
>SOME

if you don't let him know it won't help him

I've read the book. I knew what you were saying, just some individual words were tough to distinguish.

I've spoken to a bunch of people with worse English than him. I had to crank my headphone volume, but only some words were completely vague. If he enunciated and wasn't talking so softly it would be easy to understand.

What do you suggest I should read?

If he was talking over the phone to anyone that didn't have training in listening to bad English accents they would not pick out but one or two words, or know what the fuck he was saying. This is 100% what it is, I'm sure he can improve.

For pleasure? Or just out loud to us?
If you want a fun book that isn't too hard I love a confederacy of dunces.

I want to hear you read paradise lost by Milton though, that would be great to hear.

Some of it. I think you should maybe slow down a bit.

Read this and vocaroo it.
paradiselost.org/8-Search-All.html

I tuned up my mic a bit, let's go with the latter and see things from there.

You sound like a singap*rean

Slow down okay gotcha.

vocaroo.com/i/s0YzW9sPIA0M

I'm so embarrassed I should learn the vocabularies and what some of these means.

meant for

Sounds better. Keep practicing user I believe in you!

Thanks i love you.

It started surprisingly well, fell apart a bit after the 5 or 6th line.

I don't really understand that part I'm not accustomed to literature.

Thanks for the pep talk guys I should get better, but exactly how? I'm writing this down.

Listen to native speakers and speak more. It's the only way.

12 year old girls are sexy and some have already had sex, I don't see the problem

Rate my accent

vocaroo.com/i/s0aTW7AJ1KQM

>Thanks for the pep talk guys I should get better, but exactly how? I'm writing this down.
By practicing and speaking English. Watching shows in English and imitating the sounds they make.

If you want to go super try hard, look up videos on how different vowels are pronounced, by moving the tongue/muscles in your mouth.

The reason you have an accent is because your mouth is not accustomed to making these specific English sounds, but there are resources online that detail exactly how you should move your mouth in order to make specific sounds in English. This method is a lot of work, but if you went to a good English course this is something they would probably do as well. This is also why you have people that lived in the states for decades but still have bad accents, they never learned how to properly mouth their mouth like a native speaker.

This video is for Japanese, but describes exactly what I'm talking about

youtu.be/VPJIwff3w0I?t=37

Sounds fine. Are you not native?

No, I'm Faroese. That's not even the accent with which I speak English. That's me using a Faroese accent.

It sounds fine to me desu

Thanks. I wonder if I should just adopt the native accent and stop trying to sound English.

Holy shit, those autism words are hard.

I don't think it's that hard if you understand the references, the language is slightly archaic, but that version is written in more modern spelling.

What the fuck is and how the fuck do you pronounce "heighth"?
I tried to pronounce it like height with an added "th" at the end but it sucks.

It's just a variant spelling. You can pronounce it either way.