People learn new languages because work usefulness, not for passion outside France ? I'm shit in english...

People learn new languages because work usefulness, not for passion outside France ? I'm shit in english, yet I learn ancient greek because I love greek mythology and I want to read ancient texts by myself.

You ?

Attached: cheminsdelabaieimg02-960x1149.jpg (960x1149, 222K)

French people are the worst when it comes to foreign languages, even worse than Americans

Actually true

I guess they're the japs

>play online game on euro servers
>French guy joins
>English?
>non

my passion for foreign languages have dropped ever since i started using google translate. i can just take any text and translate it somewhat accurate enough to understand it at least.

How you can do that with ancient greek or even latin ?
Google translate is very shit in Latin, I tried many time. Improvements is like 0 for ancient languages

Does anyone speaks Latin here ?

I will start to learn it this month.

Attached: pp,550x550.u2.jpg (550x392, 28K)

J'ai commencé à apprendre le français parce que je voulais. C'est plus dificille que l'espagnol et le portugais.

Vraiment ? Pourquoi ? J'imaginais c'est plus facile parce-que de la vocabulaire

I learnt french and latin out of "passion" as you said.
I learnt english because I had to.
Maybe I'll learn Euskera or Valencian.

I want to learn French because I want to travel to france and enjoy the easy going life there if only for a month. I already traveled to france and it was great but I couldnt help but think my trip would be so much better if I knew french.

>C'est plus dificille que l'espagnol et le portugais.

Vous vous ce trompez, et je doute qui vous avez apprendre' l'espagnol. la grammaire d'espagnol et plus dificile que la grammaire francaise

J'aime bien les langues étrangères. Il y a aucune raison professionelle pour moi. Je suis étudiant en génie éléctrique et informatique et je voudrais devenir polyglotte. Bien, peut-être un jour ou je vais bosser pour une multinationale avec des filiales française, mais maintenant c'est qu'une curiosité intellectuelle.

françaises', mince

Sorry to say but you Germans don't do much better!

But yes, I'm an underachiever who works at a meaningless job with no language skills required. All my interest in languages is purely for my own enlightenment. I studied French, English, Swedish and German at school and Latin at the University. I try to read material in these languages if possible, even if my verbal skills are not that good in some of them. I've also studied Italian on my own and am generally interested in languages and their properties, as my wife is a linguist.

was fuer ein schwuchtel nennt sich selbst ein genie? lol, ich wette dass du sehr populaer in der schule warst

It's dead at the moment, but you should come hang around the /lang/ thread.

Nevermind, it just started:

Nous sommes bien trop fiers pour nous abaisser à ça.

génie = ingénieurie = engineering

>go to germany
>talk to a random stranger
>they respond in perfect, unaccented english
Germans are the Gods of language-learning

ach so, je vous' en pris

hardly, they get english lessons sometimes as early 1st grade and continue for at least 8 years , here in the states we get 2 years of spanish if we are lucky when we are old as fuck in high school

I admit that I haven't been in Germany for a while but when I was in Austria couple of years back and missed my bus to Brno, I couldn't find a single person in Vienna airport who could speak English. Luckily, one guy at least understood English and replied in German, which I understood, so the matter was eventually resolved and I got to Brno.

Ive been to germany 2013,15, 16, 17 , basically anyone over 40 sucks at english, so it's a substantial amount of the population.

J'ai grandi entouré d'espagnol. Je l'ai appris tôt. Jusqu'ici, la grammaire française est déroutante

Cette la raison pourquoi vous pensez que la langue espagnol et simple, met le gens que l'espagnol etudient savon plus qui vous sur ce sujet.

ce la vie