Mexican skull tower

Barrera Rodríguez and INAH archaeologist and field supervisor Lorena Vázquez Vallín knew from colonial maps of Tenochtitlan that the tzompantli, if it existed, could be somewhere near their dig. But they weren't sure that's what they were seeing until they found the postholes for the skull rack. The wooden posts themselves had long since decayed, and the skulls once displayed on them had shattered—or been purposely crushed by the conquistadors. Still, the size and spacing of the holes allowed them to estimate the tzompantli's size: an imposing rectangular structure, 35 meters long and 12 to 14 meters wide, slightly larger than a basketball court, and likely 4 to 5 meters high. From their knowledge of the eras of the Templo Mayor, archaeologists estimate that the particular phases of the tzompantli they found were likely built between 1486 and 1502, although human sacrifice had been practiced in Tenochtitlan since its founding in 1325.

sciencemag.org/news/2018/06/feeding-gods-hundreds-skulls-reveal-massive-scale-human-sacrifice-aztec-capital

Attached: IMG_8926.jpg (640x767, 147K)

Based

Madre de dios..

Attached: IMG_8930.jpg (640x615, 147K)

make a wall

Literally a culture of kill. No wonder they are still so savage and blood thirsty today. Im glad the based moors wiped this murderous "civilization" from the face of the earth.

Of skulls?

basado

Just because the West didn't leave pyramids of skulls as a nice scenic monument behind in all of our wars/extermination campaigns doesn't mean we were much better.

Amateurs

Attached: roma-cripta-dei-cappuccini.jpg (1239x846, 958K)

We btfo the Moors before we btfo the Aztecs and Incas. By 1517 the only Moors living here had to pretend they were Christians.

>we btfo the Aztecs

Attached: 1548197521264.jpg (1436x460, 171K)

I love this shit so much
I really need to go visit the catacombs one day, maybe by the time I go see them they'll have dug up enough in mexico to make it public

Attached: 1514628752643.jpg (781x260, 39K)

Human sacrifice per se had ended in (christian) Europe over a thousand years earlier. Meanwhile the Aztecs had made human sacrifice a core part of their religion.

Attached: 1-medieval-torture-1508-granger.jpg (634x900, 257K)

This, wtf didn't you utilize 16th century biological warfare to exterminate the Indos with smallpox? Now we have to pay for your laziness.

Guys can we stop arguing for a minute and just appreciate how cool the skull tower looks?

Damn I need to visit the catacombs someday

They're pretty metal

Attached: oss1-1024x940.jpg (1024x940, 307K)

Why aren't bone chandeliers considered haram?

Its not a sacrifice and people did not raid enemies to procur sacrifices. You should know that. The aztecs were cool, but really really bloodthirsty.

It's a memento mori

Skulls for the skull throne

And to think Mexican posters just yesterday said that it was the white mans fault that Mexico is a violent shithole and that they don't have natural violent tendencies

There is still much debate as to what social groups constituted the usual victims of these sacrifices. It is often assumed that all victims were 'disposable' commoners or foreigners. However, slaves – a major source of victims – were not a permanent class but rather persons from any level of Aztec society who had fallen into debt or committed some crime.[15] Likewise, most of the earliest accounts talk of prisoners of war of diverse social status, and concur that virtually all child sacrifices were locals of noble lineage, offered by their own parents.[23][24][15] That women and children were not excluded from potential victims is attested by a tzompantli found in 2015 at Templo Mayor in the Aztec capital Tenochtitlan.[25]

I don't think any Mexicans claim that. I've only heard Mexicans say the rural-urban wealth and class divide is the result of European colonial caste system stuff.

literally moloch-tier child sacrifice, then
carthago delenda est, salt the earth

Nod really. Majority of sacrifices were fighting age males

what's with mexicans and decapitation?

tf
tp

tf
tp
l
o
l

>tp
>tf

How is that not human sacrifice?

>Human sacrifice per se had ended in (christian) Europe over a thousand years earlier

The Greeks and Romans found human sacrifice horrifying and it was banned in the Roman Empire, but mostly only Celts practiced it and they were ooga-booga tier anyway.