/dixie/ Southern US & Friends

Spring in the South Edition.

Attached: spring-in-the-south.jpg (1200x799, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=829zCHLdJIw
youtube.com/watch?v=_UBe0kTqWaM
youtube.com/watch?v=gNxe7vkErWY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_haplogroups_of_historic_people#Pengbo_(倗伯)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas#Haplogroup_R1
topostext.org/work/683#6.24
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarim_mummies#Genetic_studies
youtube.com/watch?v=4NV-csBdLnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*sips*
Happy Thursday yall

Attached: 9898.jpg (394x329, 30K)

Attached: AL spring.jpg (600x300, 112K)

Northern Arkansas spring.

Attached: AR spring.jpg (1000x444, 295K)

Tennessee Spring

Attached: TN spring.jpg (800x526, 312K)

Attached: GAMacon Spring.png (1036x676, 1.72M)

Attached: MS spring.jpg (608x913, 1.09M)

Attached: 1455506118896.gif (404x416, 180K)

thank goodness. I thought I would be the only poster all day..

Was torturing myself reading replies on the us v chyn* thread. Like someone lit on fire with gasoline; it was so horrible but I couldn't turn away.

Attached: LA spring.jpg (1600x900, 489K)

S. Carolina spring

Attached: SC-spring-island.jpg (1024x768, 220K)

ill be on and off, making more red beans and rice
once those are simmering ill be free to shitpost

nice,... very nice. I'll take a moment to go check on the plants. something has been after my watermelon plants.

Attached: north-carolina-blue-ridge-parkway-spring-appalachian-mountains.jpg (900x595, 145K)

cannot CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT for when yellow coneflowers start blooming
ye watermelons attract lots of animals, are they separate from the rest of your garden? be wary of other plants getting trampled by critters going for something to nibble on, rabbits won't mess anything up but raccoons can trample stuff

Attached: yellow_coneflowers_in_prairie_3-21-14.jpg (750x583, 115K)

Hugh MacRae park in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-14 11-22-26.png (1138x638, 1.6M)

probably going to go fishing this weekend if the weather holds

More Wilmy parks. Great city.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-14 11-26-59.png (1136x640, 1.61M)

nice bud
where are you from?

I'm pretty jealous.
nice moss trees
no they are safe from being stepped on. they are being picked at by bugs that just want to eat their stems. cunts.

Attached: TX-spring.png (798x529, 1.02M)

wilmington, lol. Well I was born in SK, moved around the USA, Wilmington was my favorite place though, but West Milford, NJ was pretty great too.

Old school

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-17 01-41-53.png (898x599, 833K)

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-14 05-02-42.png (1366x768, 1.62M)

wilmington is a really nice area, i used to live nearby, like 2-3 hours away in wake county

kind of paranoid that i derailed the thread by talking about New Jersey in a dixie thread.

yeah you could just go exploring for literally the whole day and never get tired. what an amazing place, I miss it and "I wish i was in dixie".

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-14 11-27-46.png (1155x636, 1.59M)

>paranoid
nah, it's always slow during the day because most of us are in uni or have jobs

>yeah you could just go exploring for literally the whole day and never get tired. what an amazing place, I miss it and "I wish i was in dixie".
bless
come home southern man, you understand the spirit of this place and you will be welcomed back

Attached: 1500406893922.png (1000x600, 376K)

yank here

can i hang out with one of you guys in your plantation mansions and drink some sweet tea ;_;

im neet, although not by choice, I'm actually jealous.

Our airport (ILM), dont ask me why they skipped the W part. probably already taken.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-14 11-04-52.png (478x637, 457K)

thank you user. I feel a lot better after browsing this thread, a nice refuge from the world around me.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-23 06-11-32.png (1366x768, 1.31M)

what state
are you in a comfy korean rural area or are you stuck in a soulless urbanite city?

>not by choice
are you just unable to find a job or what
also that airport looks like my doctor's office

youtube.com/watch?v=829zCHLdJIw

Attached: 1494458575361.jpg (2000x1333, 512K)

Netherlands more like
Holland

what's up bud

Unfortunately the latter. Yeah I'm not here by choice but because of military conscription (although I got out early). Sucks, but even the rural areas in sk are not even close to the suburban areas of Wilmington. I've been looking at old school photos and it makes me happy just seeing them smile, I never realized what that felt like or at least I forgot over the years but I'm glad coming here as made me realize what I consider valuable to me.
Yeah I'm unable to find a job. Doctors offices looked great in NC, its like a whole different world. Hell even the Food Lions are something you would never see here. Naiive me thought the whole world was like that. North Carolina is truly a beautiful place, especially that little dip where it crosses SC latitude-wise.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-23 04-03-11.png (1366x768, 1.32M)

>Yeah I'm unable to find a job
sad. if you're near a port or an area where there's a lot of train shit, i'd seriously consider logistics. i'm not sure about the situation there but a lot of the coordinators for freight in Arkansas are just average Joes with a high school diploma

>Region empty, no flag yet or you did not set., United States
thinking

arkansas is beyond your petty political divisions

based dutch memphis rap enthusiast
youtube.com/watch?v=_UBe0kTqWaM
ah i gotcha, knew a nice korean dude in college who had to go back for his military service halfway through his degree
and yeah man, the way that folks in NC have nestled into the pretty parts of the country side is hard to find in places with less open space than the south
i'm glad you see the South in such a positive light since theres always such negative shit thrown around about it, are there any things you miss in particular? foods or the like?

t. Poop County

/dixie/

Attached: 1543461860228.jpg (500x418, 79K)

FOY

Sorry boys, I can’t take the south east coast anymore. I’m switching teams and heading north and west.

Attached: Fiat 1100 Touring.jpg (1200x464, 339K)

base and pic related

cringed and roodpilled

Attached: 1522813615720.jpg (500x401, 49K)

>pic related
Hueueueueue

Attached: 4 (8).jpg (538x482, 64K)

Attached: LeBaron bodied Model K.jpg (1920x1440, 378K)

the nature, the people, most of all. Like some guys in the military asked me about guns in america, and I tried explaining the whole schtick about why it is important to have military-grade power concentrated within civilians, and they were all like "no the government should protect you, etc" and I just get the feeling that people here value safety over freedom and individual expression, I never realized how amazing it was to live with a population that had that "Give me freedom or give me death" mentality. It's been a huge life changing experience, I always took this for granted but I realize that neighbors like that are more valuable than their weight in gold and much rarer than diamonds in this world. As for the nature, its just like I spent most of my childhood wandering around it, so it is home to me, even more so than any apartment complex I lived in. I never liked being indoors too long, and compared to nature here (which is misty, full of medium sized mountains, and sloped at the most steep angle) the air was amazing there, the land was flat or sloped at a reasonable angle and fun to traverse. I never felt more alive than in the woods. I miss bacon wrapped oysters covered with batter and deep fried, I miss liver, bacon cheeseburgers with onion rings in the sandwhich, and ham + turkey + several layers of cheese + half cooked bacon sandwhiches served with whole grain. That was the shit.
thanks for the advice, it would be amazing to plan out train routes and such, I always wanted to do a trade anyways, everything STEM related has become wrapped in so many thick layers of abstractions. Like in order to receive mouse input, instead of understanding the electronic components and writing a driver you now include like 3 libraries and link them and then use various functions and parameters that depend on other libraries, functions and parameters that were written for you so you don't even know exactly what it is doing for sure.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-17 01-44-50.png (902x597, 822K)

Beto O'Rourke is running

Attached: 1542264668212.png (662x729, 502K)

seriously fuck off its not 2020 yet you absolute faggot

seething obsessed retard

>i just get the feeling that people here value safety over freedom
i don't even think it's that most of the time. non-anglo(and to a certain extent, french) cultures never really placed much stock in individual liberty. Germans have always placed much more stock in the state than the individual and i suspect that eastern cultures are the same

trades are good but they can destroy your body. my grandpa's going through some shit now because working at the railroad destroyed his knees. plumbing, HVAC, and electrical all seem reasonable though if you ever get to move back to the US

also you should come to /dixie/ more often bud

couldn't care less
i wish ted had won

Running sounds like a very un-American thing to do but ok

>i wish ted had won
y

You'd be the expert on running I figure

What are your ascended Frenchman thoughts on this
youtube.com/watch?v=gNxe7vkErWY

ur a gud son of the south koreabro, loving your neighbors and community and protecting them yourself with privately owned arms is peak american culture
i've heard "the government should protect you" and "the government is the reason you have rights" from many foreign folks, it does seem completely different in america where the emphasis is on the rights being god given and they have to be protected from the government
we've had rains for weeks here and ive barely been able to get out into the woods but the trees are finally leaving out and the first blooms have started here, and everyone certainly seems more lively now that it's warming up
>misty, full of medium sized mountains, and sloped at the most steep angle
sounds comfy but hard to hike
>I miss bacon wrapped oysters covered with batter and deep fried, I miss liver, bacon cheeseburgers with onion rings in the sandwhich, and ham + turkey + several layers of cheese + half cooked bacon sandwhiches served with whole grain on
those oysters sound fucking amazing, next time i'm in the carolinas i'm going hunting for those
and i know the exact sandwiches you're talking about, NC delis are amazing and have that dense lunch meat and cheese 3-4 inches thick sandwich with homemade mustard
WEW lad i could go for one of those right now and im cooking cajun food

Attached: 1531754872557.png (949x922, 98K)

>horse wins race
>woman gets credit
gamers rise up

Attached: 1546283369250.png (496x463, 292K)

females should be confined to the house

CT, one of the worst states in the country i reckon

>one of the worst states in the country i reckon
well it's not massachusetts or cali so you're saved from being the worst

CT might as well be Mass tho, my family is spread out between MA and CT and I spend a lot of time between both. Thankfully my family in MA lives in the woods and is a big Irish Catholic family so we aren't like a bunch of rich democratic senator assholes like is the general idea of New England

have sex

>CT
wew lad
might as well be europe it's so bought and paid for

You wanna?

Attached: Dreamworks.jpg (480x360, 23K)

I have had this theory that Germanic and Sino-Koreanic peoples have a similar culture imposed on them by a Haplogroup Q Hunnic elite. Haplogroup Q is a minority in both populations but they have found Q in Chinese elite class mummies and less in the lower classes, where O is more prevalent

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_haplogroups_of_historic_people#Pengbo_(倗伯)

The Germanic peoples also received a lot of Hunnic influence during their time under Hunnic subjugation.

Some similarities between the Koreanic and Germanic cultures:

>fermented cabbage
>fermented fish
>single syllable words combining multiple consonants next to each other with only one vowel in between (Germanic languages: Mond, Bang, Ash, Mensch, Wunsch, Pflicht) (Korean: Bpang Ssohn, Ba'l)
>same as above but with vowels and consonants reversed. Listen to the lords prayer chorus of The Carolians Prayer by Sabaton in Swedish and a lot of those words would sound extremely similar to korean words
>similar hive mind mentality. I mean in the German national anthem it literally talks about One-ness (Einigkeit, Ein meaning One in German) and mentions zusammenhalt (zusammen = together, halt = health? not sure what that means exactly to be honest, but it may mean living together, Google translate just says zusammenhalt means together but obviously since zusammen means together its not accurate)
>Architecture is extremely close together. On the few google earth pics of Germany i see, the streets are basically houses connected to each other, kind of like apartments here.
>Same humorless, exactoid society where trains have to run exactly on time, etc. Same focus on function over form, same obsession with STEM fields and disregard for the humanities.
>Similar foods. Look at Swedish food and you will see what I mean, Anglo-French food is segregated by ingredient and ordered neatly, Swedish and Korean food is messy and mixed.
>Some words are literally the same. 1/2 end

you wish

>haplogroup autism

Attached: 1536630600224.jpg (281x350, 15K)

10/10 post

>tfw the Koreans are Germanic too
This is some top quality theorizing

Attached: 1524538569969.jpg (636x640, 248K)

>so we aren't like a bunch of rich democratic senator assholes
doubt it. that's rough tho, mass is a shithole

already have fagit

i've always associated it with them having urbanized early. germany's been overpopulated since the fucking stone ages. urbanism breeds bugmen like the plague. the same thing happened in China and Korea, they've always been overpopulated shitholes and they've always leaned towards heavy handed governments and authoritarianism

France and Britain are the two centers of liberal ideals and they've been relatively sparsely populated until recently. i think that tends to help the population recognize that they can get along perfectly well without the state and that they need to protect their individual rights against encroachment

CT is weird because you have places like Greenwich, West Hartford, and Old Saybrook, probably the wealthiest towns in the region if not the some of the most in the country, then you have places right down the road like Hartford, New London, etc, which are poor as fuck. I grew up in Hartford which was like the murder capital of the NE for a while, but I could bike like 10 minutes down the road and be in front of the governor's million dollar mansions. The wealth distribution in this state is pretty jarring. Not to mention there's fucking nothing to do here because Boston and NYC take up all the attention so nobody bats an eye at CT

Actually you're probably right, but in my family's defense we are more like the Kennedy family than any modern New England family

2/2.
Some words share same roots cont. (German Bunde means Bound, aka a group (Bundeswehr meaning War Band or War Group), in the korean military it also means group.

(German Sieg means victory, in korean the word for victory is Seungri)

German Himmel means Sky, in korean it is Haneul

German Mutter and Korean Omma or Ommuni mean mother

German Oppa means Grandfather, in Korean it means older male relative

German Meer means Ocean, Korean Mool means water

Korea has more dolmens than any other country, something Germanic peoples are known for.

etc.

I will certainly come to /dixie/ more often, I am glad i found this place.

I ate some raw oysters once and I kind of felt like a buzzing sensation?

I miss NC rains, when it rains in a concrete environment its just gloomy as hell but staring out a Wilmington window at the rain was amazing and made me feel invigorated.

I loved corned beef as well with potatoes, I really miss those small red round potatoes, and cornbread. I would put either parmesean, cheddar, or mozarella in all my chicken wraps.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-17 02-22-47.png (1139x629, 1.4M)

>Not to mention there's fucking nothing to do here because Boston and NYC take up all the attention so nobody bats an eye at CT
That's not strictly a bad thing. Being irrelevant brings certain protections from undesirable cultural bleed-over since nobody gives a crap about visiting your area.
t. pretty much flyover

You should get extraflags. Everybody here has them and it makes the threads way better.

Attached: 1549496026108.png (801x723, 79K)

where did you find this image of me?

Attached: blackwidow_02_1000.jpg (990x641, 68K)

CT doesn't really have much of a culture to protect though. Most people here really only identify with Bostonians or New Yorkers, and other than that all we are really known for is probably our foliage in the autumn, and we get a few New York tourists flooding in to see them but that's really it. And also we have Yale

read part two (here) for further evidence.
Thank you. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist but honestly the more I study this the more it seems accurate.
exactly. The Gauls, precursor to the French, were freedom loving as hell, fought in individual formations rather than in phalanxes (although they tried to adapt Roman formaitons in some cases, but the Gauls that mostly did this were mixed Germans (AKA Belgic populations) ). Gauls also spent their skills making luxury items for themselves instead of providing tools and weapons for the state, and individuals all had their unique style of fighting. Individual tribes all had their unique styles like the Cantabrian circle.

Romans only won because they had their population slave to provide a constant stream of food, and they took innovations of Celtic/Gallic inventors that were unique to each tribe and they combined the best, dressing themselves in Celtic armor from head to toe. Sure one tribe might have great helmets, another tribe might have great chain mail, etc, but Romans had all of it, which they took from the Gauls. Even their symbol, the Fasces, is a symbol that people are stronger when they are one society instead of many individuals, but they need those individual minded people to do their thinking for them (which is why nearly all of their inventions were taken from Gauls) since they have lost the ability to do so themselves. Its like bacteria are barbarians, while multicellular organisms are mostly muscle and bone cells taking orders from nerve cells.

Even the Frankish Confederation whom the French take their name from were the most freedom loving Germans, like the Cherusci (Arminius of the Teutoberg Forest was a Cherusci).

Germanic peoples are much more freedom-inclined than koreans, but only because they received a lot of Indo European blood, otherwise they would be very similar to koreans. Like for example back when the Celts 1/2 end

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-19 23-37-03.png (853x638, 778K)

2/2

Before the Celts were softened by luxuries, Caesar writes (I think in his Celtic War series although not sure, been a long time since i read this) that the Gauls "Launched offensives expeditions against the Germans and seized the best parts of their land for themselves"

I assume there was heavy interbreeding during this period. However Celtic tribes soon used this land for agriculture and made luxury gold-crafts while the Germanic tribes remained hunter gatherers and made iron weapons almost exclusively, even their luxury items like the Herculean Hammer/Club was a symbol of war, and later many of the Celtic tribes that were originally conquerors got conquered in turn, such as the Usipetes who probably once formed an elite in Germania but became soft and kicked out by the Suebi.

You see this pattern all over the world. Boers (sure they are Germanic in that they speak a germanic language but genetically they are Celts) once conquered the native africans, but now they became soft and got kicked out or taken over. In Rhodesia, same. In USA/Canada? Same. In China? Same, once populated by Tocharians, closely related to Celts.

Celts/Gauls/""Anglo""-""French"" (aka Celts/Gauls with a Germanic name they took from the Angles and Franks) have created Atlantis tier civilizations all over the world, gotten soft because the civilization they created was so awesome it makes you let your guard down, and then the people they once ruled end up kicking them out or subjugating them. It is the same pattern that has repeated. This isn't the first Celtic wave in America, for example the Native Americans have legends about "red haired giants" that they defeated (I assume after they got soft just like the other waves of Celtic colonizers) and drove out. And many Native American tribes have sub-groups of R1b that diverged way too early to have gotten it from interbreeding with modern whites, so maybe with one of the first waves of Celts?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-19 23-37-55.png (874x637, 615K)

france mentionned

Sources:
Red hair legends : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah

Ancient R1b in Americas: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas#Haplogroup_R1

quote: "NP array-based analyses using a data set masked for inferred admixed genomic regions19 gave no matches with recent European admixture"

NOT RECENT ADMIXTURE

Germans and Celts: topostext.org/work/683#6.24

Tocharians in China:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarim_mummies#Genetic_studies

Paraphrased quote: "92% of Y DNA belonged to R1a1, the other to K (I assume some form of R1b)"

have to sleep but final bump before

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-14 07-35-22.png (1366x768, 1.19M)

When do you think Languedoc is going to be mentionned
Can't wait

just not having it today m8s.
>I go out to check the garden and the neighbor's dog has jumped my fence
>is trying to carry away a bag of fertilizer.
>I say "git!" and grab my shovel
>dog drops it and starts barking at me.
>neighbor walks outside and is looking for dog.
>I point at dog in my yard
>Neighbor jumps fence all tatted up and white trash like.
>"sorry she never did this before"
>I just grimace and node as he takes dog and tosses it over fence into his yard & follows.
>Check the damages. plants eaten. growing areas stepped on.
Thanks for reading my blog. like and subscribe!

Attached: neighbordoggo.png (466x560, 774K)

that's England

Sorry for your loss

Attached: 1536871055005.png (504x375, 208K)

liked and subscribed and shilled on my faceberg
rip plants bud

>What are your ascended Frenchman thoughts

Uh....fliying birbs
youtube.com/watch?v=4NV-csBdLnI

Attached: birds.png (1546x211, 36K)

Attached: 1530948921480.jpg (600x503, 57K)

F

sorry thought that was Prairie Spiderwort. have this its from the Natchez trace.
thanks
rip indeed. if dog dies I'll know it ate the foxgloves.

Attached: MSsping.jpg (480x640, 90K)

I also found my cat taking a nap on my lavender sprouts. I've really been had it up to here with pet on plant violence today.

Attached: Virginiaspring.png (842x615, 1.48M)

Spring is nice.

Fuck wasps and hornets tho

Also pic related

Attached: 1520970134171.jpg (600x800, 55K)

I saw a red one outside earlier. was like "easy fella" they don't usually care about you where food/reproduction isn't involved. its actually a nice day out but I have to be careful cause I burn real bad.
lol why do they do it?

Attached: FLspring.png (957x603, 1.74M)

>he has a poorly behaved pet

I don't know why I have such a phobia of them. Bees of all sort are cool and I've never really had a problem with them, but wasps spook me.

And it's pretty here now too, except there's a Tornado Watch but oh well.

Pet can't misbehave if it's been dead for two years

Attached: 1510274219614.png (225x260, 5K)

how redpilled is it there

looking to get out of Chicongo