American democracy

>american democracy

Attached: 2016-11-24T00-52-39-633Z-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-xXb66Stixk
youtu.be/JUHnL6R39VM
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/map_of_the_week/2012/11/presidential_election_a_map_showing_the_vote_power_of_all_50_states.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>muh republic

There are different forms of democracy

the electoral college is designed so each state has equal power and representation. If this didn’t happen, then 3 states (New York, California, and Illinois) would decide the president every election year

obsessed

Jow Forums

Right, instead of the oh so much better reality of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania deciding every election.

Everything's fine.

t. major beneficiary of non-democratic instances

Attached: 1541631796833.png (690x207, 13K)

>.t retard zoomer

The US is not a democracy, and that's a good thing. Something about two wolves and a lamb. Delete your thread.

that argument only makes sense when it comes to congress

>Jow Forums
about america, so it's allowed

>his country has only two parties

Why do they do this?

Attached: 1536413849386.png (1440x1080, 596K)

That happens every election, be it federal, state, or even local. Republicans have been fixing district borders of every variety from congressional to school districts. We tried to tell you that we’re a third world country, but you wouldn’t listen.

>two wolves die of hunger
vs
>lamb dies
i wonder what scenario is better

no it doesn't

Nice to see you don’t have an argument.
It doesn’t even make sense, there. The vote can go overwhelmingly one way like with but still be given to another party because muh states rights like a bunch of fucking squares on a map are people.

So? The majority of the population getting their fair representation is bad? Why should a 70 IQ redneck's vote in West Virginia be more important than a college educated New Yorker?

So they can form a government?

Attached: 1417539553966.jpg (1441x1576, 955K)

oh no, a russian doesn't like our governing

I don’t think so. If we did popular vote, a leftist would win every election. With the electoral college it’s actually a fair playing field. Both leftists and right presidents have an equal shot at winning, and they do.

Attached: trump.jpg (946x435, 62K)

>>Jow Forums
>about america, so it's allowed

ah, I see

>Why should a 70 IQ redneck's vote in West Virginia be more important than a college educated New Yorker?
But that’s the point. They aren’t more imporant

Attached: trump2.png (944x182, 84K)

Honestly the third parties here aren’t any better

Yes, it does, because otherwise, senators elected in NY will decide the laws that should apply to fly-over states.

We have that too where the least populated regions have the most valuable votes
Thats why people campaign so much in the countryside in Castilla

Attached: 1529868545086_0.gif (540x674, 268K)

>right can only win if you drastically change the system to favor them
I thought you guys were against handouts?

this must be the finn that spams the Trump thread on/pol/ 18 hours a day for the last 40 months

>drastically change the system
Nothing has changed you dumb fuck. You are acting like this is such a “new” thing

Good. Have you seen what self-governing does to flyovers? I point you to Kansas.

>you dumb fuck.
you're the one arguing with a russian

It’s not new but it is fucked, so why defend it?

>We have that too where the least populated regions have the most valuable votes
But that’s not how it is here. Each state’s gets a predetermined amount of votes toward a presidential canidates based off of that state’s population. So the states with the smallest population have the least amount of votes

>this must be the finn that spams the Trump thread on/pol/ 18 hours a day for the last 40 months

He got doxxed and stills spams every day

Russians prefer republicans you utter retard.

Attached: 8311CFAC-A670-4FBF-9351-D1F200E49E29.jpg (866x900, 124K)

How is it fucked when both sides win? I’d agree it was fucked if republicans won every election because of it. But that is not the case

sure

American history is super fucking boring but I'm pretty sure your current political system was just a holdover and the founding fathers all agreed it needed to be replaced down the line.

>admitting to browsing Jow Forums

Our country is also very young compared to most countries in the world

this is /leftypol/, don't matter

They won both the 2000 and 2016 elections with a minority of the votes. If we lived in a true democracy they wouldn’t have won either.

Don’t most of your countrymen including yourself correspond with West Virginians in political values while being the opposite with college educated New Yorkers?

youtu.be/-xXb66Stixk

If that's what the people want then so be it

Not really. Most "old" countries had a complete shakeup where the ruling class got thrown out and everything was rewritten from the ground up.

hillary lost the popular vote to obama too

Again, the reason for this is equal representation. Our country is fucking big and diverse. The needs of someone living in NYC is different from someone living in central Florida. We are not small like Serbia where it’s so small most people have common interests. If we did strictly popular vote, more than half of the country would be underrepresented.

>American history is super fucking boring
Nah revolutionary war and its contradictions and later civil war that solved them are legit interesting.

it's amazing this needs to be explained

Would you?

youtu.be/JUHnL6R39VM

>equal representation
You don’t know what that term means. Equal representation would be everyone getting a vote equal in value to that of another citizen. States are not people. They cannot be citizens.

No they aren't. They're localized disputes over unimportant crap.

Has there ever been a bigger hypocrite than Trump?

Why even bother asking the citizens if states are your only concern? Democrats would win every election if it wasn't for your electoral college.
As it is right now, both parties will concentrate on swing states but for example republican voters in California will never matter.

His voters.

>it's only fair when it isn't fair
>actual leftists having a real chance in elections in burgerland

no, you’re wrong. The densest cities would decide every election. Therefor if you do not live in NYC, LA, San Fran, Miami, Atlanta, DC, and Chicago you would be completely irrelevant. Presidential candidates would have no reason to bother with your interests. New Yorkers who don’t own cars vote to have a gas tax and a tax for owning a gas vehicle? Fuck em!

All politicians since the dawn of civilization?

Cities are NOT people. How fucking dense are you?

They do though.. Obama won 2 terms. And our next election will probably be a leftist too

Men also decide about abortion laws and people who've never had a job outside politics decide about labor laws

Not to this extent though? Is there anything he hasn't flip flopped on?

>If we didn’t mess with the elections, the people would get to choose who is elected.

But West Virginians' vote is more important right now.

People vote for their interests.

How retarded are you?

I don't browse Jow Forums

>Obama
>leftist

Wait, so you're saying Hillary won two elections in a row and is still not president?

How are people not rioting? This is complacency at its worst.

his daughter i guess, still firm for that one

He didn't deny climate change nor evolution, so that's pretty leftist by American standards.

We didn’t mess with anything
But that’s not true. West Virginia only has 5 electoral votes while New York has 29

And if the majority votes for something that’s not in your interest then you’ll just have to live with it.

They literally are. In OP’s picture you can see how a much smaller group of rednecks could win against a group of sensible people that was, again, millions larger. Thus their singular votes had more value.

You dense motherfucker, West Virginia has several times more votes per capita than New York, therefore a West Virginian's vote is more important than a New Yorker's.

lel

How? If the coasts have more population, they should get a corresponding amount of representation.

It’s an equal spread of representation though.
No you’re just dumb.

Attached: FF453BF9-0A1E-4DCA-9CE8-B95F020BE8B4.png (440x256, 49K)

>be swetoid
>have a choice between more than two parties
>fail to make a goverment for months

Even when they elected Schwarzenegger governor, it was only due to his sheer stardom power.

ayyy

He's been pretty consistent on inciting violence, if studies are to be believed. But I doubt that's unusual for an american.

Attached: p.png (671x941, 633K)

How is it equal when in some states the electors voted for candidates that weren’t even the most popular in the state, as demonstrated by this map?

You either is trolling or you don't understand voting power based on population
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/map_of_the_week/2012/11/presidential_election_a_map_showing_the_vote_power_of_all_50_states.html

In WV you only need about 293000 people for 1 electoral vote
In New York you need about 519000 people for 1 electoral vote

So 1 vote in WV has twice the power of a vote in NY

so basically if you live in a state were majority vote red or blue you vote doesn't count.
>American democracy

you cunt it's 1,45 of electoral vote per milion people for ny and 2,7 per milion west virginians

>evolution
Why not having a """debate""" about gravity or tectonic plates too? America is truly a paradise for freaks, loonies and nutjobs.

>Not being a complete moron makes you a hardline leftist in the US of A.

Lets not pretend Russia isn’t stuffed to the brim with retards of its own.

One thing is popular vote vs. electoral college, but the most fucked up thing is gerrymandering. How that is still a thing is beyond me.

>against a group of sensible people
Leftists aren’t sensible. My professor is a leftist and said stupid shit to me yesterday

Hey congrats Aus, you get it. Still I do believe people should go out and vote, and people should fight against bullshit gerrymandering as well so their vote actually matter and not just wasted. Then we can stop the cycle of people thinking their vote doesn't matter so they don't vote at all

Swing states change you dumbass

We literally have no idea what gravity is.

At least pupils here actually study biology, physics, and geography in school instead of ""natural history"".

whataboutism

And I bet you schooled him with your deep knowledge of Ben Shapiro videos.

I like to this of it as the SUCC from the earth

Fortunately we have a rupublic