They think they are not german

they think they are not german

why?

Attached: 255px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png (255x170, 329)

They're better than Germans.

trying to cope with the fact that they werent the ones to unify germany

Theyre literally a duchy of Bavaria that got out of hand. Bavarian German and Austrian German are the same with of course slight regional varities within each village.

Autism
And this

Most Austrians saw themselves as Germans until post-ww2. Then it was pretty much an attempt to avoid ww2 guilt.

I wonder how similar it is to Uruguay

It's one autist on Jow Forums.

Some ridiculous mental gymnastics.

Same with Swiss. Before WW2 everyone used Hochdeutsch, then Hitler came into power and Switzerland tried to distance themselves as much as possible, Dialekt became main stream, Hoch deutsch in Switzerland is only used in writing nowadays, otherwise they use their incomprehensible dialects that Germans cannot understand.

one of the few banter proof flags

I saw one of them in the latino general

This guy has the right answer

did they change Hochdeutsch to Niederdeutsch for that reason?

>Niederdeutsch
Niederdeutsch is a Northern-German thing. The Swiss speak Schweizerdeutsch.

bump

They saw themselves as Germans who just didn't live in Germany until after World War II, at which point they began to embrace their imperial past to a much larger extent. Ethnically, they are very mixed, and have their own distinct looks which don't appear in Germany very much. They really don't give a fuck about World War II for the most part, which is what I would disagree with on.

They have also been an independent state since around the 12th century. Not a lot of European countries can say that, and in some ways it makes them even more of a country than Germany is.

Most people speak Hochdeutsch there nowadays, but there are still some differences between their German and Germany's German.

If they became part of Germany they would probably fit in nowadays, but the history and politics are quite different. Austrians are very old-fashioned and insular, as opposed to Germans who are more global/Europe-minded. There is also the matter of religious differences as Austria is Catholic and most Germans are Protestant, but that is largely irrelevant nowadays.

t. lived there for three years

a l just exposed my absolute retardation

Because they aren't

Bavarians are Catholic

>most Germans are Protestant
>most Germans
>most

Austrians are Bavarians

you're a Bavarian