Is piracy common in your country?

Is piracy common in your country?

Attached: 1553279968449.png (2518x1024, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation.com/from-convicts-to-pirates-australias-dubious-legacy-of-illegal-downloading-39912
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_computing_in_the_Soviet_Union
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Soviet_computer_systems
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes. i very rarely buy games. i am a semi rich fag too btw.

regardless with the ebic store you dont have to buy games anymore and you can pirate guilt free because chinese overlords pay for the pirated games as well.

Honestly though, brand loyalty is fucking cringe

I don't even understand buyfags. What drives them?

People tend to buy more and more games here. Even if they aren't going to play them.
Piracy is dying.

Ads

i have literally never spent a single dollar on the internet, never bought games, books, movies or anything, i pirate all of it.
>Piracy is dying.
yes buyfag it is, now fuck off.

Hollywood media: never buy, but I use mommy's Netflix
Games: usually buy, but usually only on sale and if it's actually interesting. Never pirate boring shit games just because I can.

Not so common as it was, unfortunately

I like collecting games.

based, same here

Serious answer: it's dying out. In early 2000s we may have been world leaders in this regard.

It was true like 5-7 years ago. But not now

Fair enough, assuming you buy physical and aren't collecting use licenses on Steam.

Never pay for cinema
Always buy games but only if those aren't made by EA or any other kikes of the like.

Yep, I honestly don't know how mutts live without it. They probably have to purchase all their media like a bunch of rubes. And they call themselves free.

Attached: 1507712928982.gif (500x500, 2.51M)

When your work full time and have money to spend, it's more convenient to just buy

you must be a console faggot.

>Clicking a few clicks is less convenient than setting up an account, entering debit card info waiting for the confirmation text on your phone and yada-yada-yada

yes I never ever pay for a game and never play anything on PC I can't pirate

what makes you say that? i know i still do it and the people i know from way back still do it too

>"""collecting digital media"""""
l m a ooo
just make a pretty looking organised 'Games' folder on your computer

Yes it's so much more convenient to go through a few payment processing screens and thousand factor verifications instead of just clicking on a magnet link.

>collecting digital media
I only collect phisycal media

>Buying AAA games

Attached: Golden.lel.jpg (327x316, 41K)

Such as disks with ones and zeros on them?

as long it has the manual and the box, yes

Support for multiplayer games really, you can only really pirate singleplayer games these days. And some devs are cool and i want them getting my money like Tripwire so they can keep making milsims

ye
According to this rayciss article anyway
theconversation.com/from-convicts-to-pirates-australias-dubious-legacy-of-illegal-downloading-39912

It's digital media, sweaty soy boy

>only ever bought diablo 3 in the last 20 years
>was so shit i forgot where i even put the physical cd i bought and dont even have that game anymore
lul
i also watch torrents at least once a day and dont have a credit card

>multiplayer games
Why would you play anything other than Fortnite

Attached: 13b.gif (931x682, 426K)

Of course. I still use Emule.

Attached: ayyyy.jpg (800x467, 116K)

I only buy games that supports a dev that i like or just indie games.

I'm afraid to pirate games because I don't want to find viruses in them

Then use a private tracker, then there are mods cleaning up in the torrents

I only pirate GOG release because abandonware should be free!

>paying for virtual drugs
lmaoooooooo

Yes, but I don't do so myself.
I don't spend much time on vidya anymore and when I do, I always play the same few games.
As far as I know, the government doesn't give a fuck about it despite the EU forcing us to make it illegal.
Only when you spread terabytes of material online or when you catch their attention another way you might get prosecuted. The average person who downloads a movie or game has no reason to be scared.

Yes, but copyrasts make situation worse with each year

why yes, we pioneer it for the westies.

Attached: l0__JE5K3lk.jpg (600x500, 29K)

second nature. Hell the moment Eurocucks blocked YTS it hit the fucking news. Normies were devastated that they have to pay Netflix now.

It's about supporting trends I like in gaming. Successful games breed followers. But nowadays I got more picky, and uninterested in generic games, so I usually either pirate something niche, after seeing it on an obscure channel on youtube, or old gems I cannot buy, or want to try. Then I usually buy them, because I got pretty good at finding games I enjoy.

Still doing ok here

Attached: stats.png (309x106, 9K)

Are you poor?

nigga dont flex on fucking boxes, boxes are fucking awesome

Depends on the game.

If it's singleplayer game, I pirate it.
If it's very good singleplayer game and I also like to support the developer like in case of witcher 3 and Divinity original 2, I buy it.

Attached: 29049823984.jpg (229x220, 10K)

Yep. And all this Epic game store thing forces me to pirate again.

Fuck yeah, I was surprised to learn Americans get letters warning them of legal consequences for pirating.
In the case of games if I like it I'd gladly buy it later. (M&B:W comes to mind)

This
Also I never pay for movies, music, series.

mods

>multiplayer games that need a central server

Attached: 1523008354531.jpg (700x734, 107K)

We were borrowing and copying disks before you snow monkeys had computers.

yes, but sometimes I buy

its the only way to buy anything in this overpriced fucking island

>Jew skimming out on shekels
i like you
you aren't trying to hide anything

Easy streaming killed piracy.

But now that there are hundreds of streaming services all offering only 1 or 2 good movies and maybe a show you can binge in a day.
Piracy will probably come back.

There's no need to use those idiotic private trackers, just don't be an idiot

you could've just asked: Are you from a poor country?
Very common

Thanks, I have a 2.1 ratio
Fuck leechers

I don't buy games because I do not have money for it neither interest nowdays. Have been pirating anime because none of what I like is going to ever be released in a country of normies like Brazil.

>I was surprised to learn Americans get letters warning them of legal consequences for pirating.

Shouldn't be surprised when the country who produces 95% of the content people pirate ... cares more about piracy.

>Piracy means lost sales
You can easily stream shit on "piracy" sites

American retards as always

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_computing_in_the_Soviet_Union
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Soviet_computer_systems

I want a vintage electronika calculator from the USSR

Only ever purchase multiplayer games desu

>no tf2
faggot