This was one of the proposed flags for the European Union

This was one of the proposed flags for the European Union
Thoughts?

Attached: 700.jpg (700x466, 255K)

That's a carpet.

It hurts my eyes if I look at it for too long.

it's like Gerhard Richter

Goes pretty well with the 'dark' future of the continent

Looks very progressive and original

to me, flag is supposed to be
1) simple
2) easy to remember/recreate

flag is supposed to be a shortcut, quick and easy way of representing something
now take into account its usually always going to be tiny
so it gotta fit shoulder patches, seals on documents, on top of Jow Forums posts etc
so it cant be too detailed, cant have too many colors, cant have too many shapes, cant have any pictures or letters

*BEEP*

Attached: 1349857660-28849500.jpg (1000x1000, 50K)

What about this?

Attached: 1280px-CoE_flag_Madariaga_proposal.svg.png (1280x853, 20K)

read what i said and find out why that is a bad flag

Got a source? Can't find any mention of this ever being officially proposed.

European flag proposals thread? European flag proposals thread!

It's mentioned in the Wikipedia article titled "Flag of Europe", there should be a source there.

Attached: europe.gif (424x216, 1K)

Following the signing of Treaties of Nice in May 2001, which made Brussels the de facto capital of the European Union, the then President of the European Commission, Romano Prodi and the Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt invited Koolhaas to discuss the necessities and requirements of a European capital.

During these talks and as an impetus for further discussion, Koolhaas and his think-tank AMO – an independent part of OMA – suggested the development of a visual language. This idea inspired a series of drawings and drafts, including the "Barcode". The barcode seeks to unite the flags of the EU member countries into a single, colourful symbol. In the current European flag, there is a fixed number of stars. In the barcode however, new Member States of the EU can be added without space constraints. Originally, the barcode displayed 15 EU countries. In 2004, the symbol was adapted to include the ten new Member States.

Since the time of the first drafts of the barcode it has very rarely been officially used by commercial or political institutions. During the Austrian EU Presidency 2006, it was officially used for the first time. The logo was used for the EU information campaign, but was very negatively criticized. In addition to the initial uproar caused by the Estonian flag stripes being displayed incorrectly, the proposed flag failed to achieve its main objective as a symbol. Critics pointed the lack of capability to relate the signified (the mental concept, the European Union) with the signifier (the physical image, the stripes) as the major problem, as well as the presented justification for the order in which the color stripes were displayed (as every country in the EU should be regarded as equal in importance and priority).

Ah there it is!
Thanks man

yeah my bad, should've just looked a bit longer

This is something a robot came up with when asked to design a flag for europe

Attached: irepairtokyo.com-cracked-iphone-6-screen-600x490.jpg (600x490, 108K)

I'm not really a flag nerd but whoever proposed these two flags needs to be ashamed of themselves.
A good flag is a flag that is distinct and simple enough that a child could quickly doodle it and have it look accurate.
For example, I think the Israeli flag is great, it looks distinct, aesthetically pleasing and it's literally just 2 inverted triangles overlapping, bonus points for having an uncommon color scheme.
Same with Japan, very simple and very clearly Japanese (since it plays on the rising sun motif).
any of the three-colored-stripes flags are okay but absolutely lazy, and countries where it's just a cross to the length of the flag are just as lazy and only barely better (sweden, denmark or greece, not to be confused with the swiss flag with I think is great).
Dishonorable mentions go to any countries that have flags with a coat-of-arms or written words like Mexico, Saudi Arabia or Egypt.

what do the locations of the stars means?

That’s awful. Do Europeans REALLY?

The position of the capitals of the EU members of the time. The big star was Strasbourg

Who said a flag can't be a gif

Attached: United Europe flag.gif (600x338, 117K)

makes sense but looks bad

based. now add a 2 meters tall black guy on her right

High IQ post and flag.

This is getting too BASED for me dawg, I’m scared

new rgb barcodes?

You're a disgrace to society

oh god they are all cancerous

Attached: eu!nag.gif (433x216, 2K)

looks like a commodore 64 loading screen

Attached: eu!2.gif (324x216, 2K)

Attached: eu!11.gif (324x216, 3K)

Attached: eu!7.gif (324x216, 3K)

This
That's why pic related was a great flag tbqh

Attached: bandeira-alemanha-nazista.jpg (1024x768, 31K)

i like the current flag
though i think white stars like on the american flags looks better on blue than yellow stars