There seems to be a high correlation between how irrelevant a language is and the number of grammatical cases it has

There seems to be a high correlation between how irrelevant a language is and the number of grammatical cases it has

Attached: 1024px-Number_of_grammatical_cases_hic01.png (1024x1039, 363K)

Interesting to say the least

I like Hungarian though, it reminds me of Black Speech

basques confirmed for finnish colony

Attached: 1552775809673.png (2095x1505, 129K)

Latin has five cases.

That's cool I guess

>No source

Hell yeah soy is pretty awesome. That dry soy stuff is cheap, doesn't go bad and you can make it into something really tasty. It's great. Also soy sauce is a gift from the gods.

>Also soy sauce is a gift from the gods.

Attached: zoy.png (714x800, 73K)

>Irish has the fewest grammatical cases
>Languages with millions of native speakers and many grammatical cases are less relevant than a dead language

Why's Western EU without data?

we dont have cases...

>I like Hungarian though, it reminds me of Black Speech

Attached: mexican_1.jpg (500x358, 132K)

Old English had five cases: nominative, accusative, genitive, dative, and instrumental.
Modern English has three cases:
1. Nominative (also called subjective)
2. Accusative (also called objective)
3. Genitive (also called possessive)
The objective case subsumes the old dative and instrumental cases.
Case refers to the relation that one word has to another in a sentence, i.e., where one word “falls” in relationship to another. The word comes from a Latin word meaning “falling, fall.” In other modern languages, adjectives have case, but in English, case applies only to nouns and pronouns.

I believe you 100%

I think you're fucking genius have you 120 IQ?
Of course it is. Isolated language becoming more complicated and lingua Franca becoming simplify.
Maybe it is because irrelevant language is for people and relevant is for aliens.

English only has a single case you idiot gypsy.

>soytugal

I believe you 200%

Hey bro, I don't know much about language, but I notice there are a heap of cases beyond those that are just grammatical. What is the difference between those cases and the English equivalent (which would mostly be conveyed with prepositions). You can't directly translate grammatical case markers beyond what you've said into English, because it doesn't have them, yet you can with most other cases. So what makes them cases and the English equivalents not cases? Especially when the equivalents can't be broken down into any constituent, like they're not compositional, they're set and regular. Just that the cases change a word whereas the equivalents rely on syntax and multiple words, oftentimes?

Friendly reminder that languages without grammatical cases are litearally ooga booga tier

Why there is two by one languages in Latvia and Litva, but one by one in Russia, Ukraine/Belarus, Greece, Finland and one by many in Germany and Austria?

is this bait or you are american

I believe you 300%

>samogitian
>language
ok what pole made this map

/thread

Attached: 1547737367926.png (2496x2664, 663K)

The fuck is a grammatical case?

Based Anglos.

I thought I was the only brainlet who doesn't know what a grammatical case is.

Attached: 1553419770460.jpg (1745x1067, 148K)

BASED UK

Change the word without using preposition.
Example from my language:
Пиcaть pyчкOЙ.
Writing with pencil
PyчкA пишeт
Pencil writes

nvm I just googled it. We have 3 cases in Arabic.

When concepts that are represented with prepositions in English or other languages are represented by inflicted endings on nouns.
They form from postpositions that become slurred together with the noun.

Does Syria speak Arabic? Syrian, doesn't it?

Yes, we all speak Arabic(Both formal and Syrian colloquial Arabic). Even minorities like Kurds and Assyrians have to learn it at school.

> They form from postpositions that become slurred together with the noun.
wtf are you talking about? This is not postpositions at least it is not common

I mean that's how they originally form.

>wrote that in a caseless language

Attached: 1547053998293.gif (499x499, 43K)

It is over.

They are not
History of most of cases begins in time of Indo-European so we can't say how they really forms. But new cases never forms from postpositions and this fact is in many linguistics books

It’s like bags of sand.

>shows fenno-swedes
>doesn't show meänmaa finnish speakers

opinion ignored

Not that much of a difference really.

This is what I found. And population is barely 100k.

Attached: 80B3E249-798B-44EA-AC9E-9005583365CB.jpg (1536x683, 381K)

What's wrong with Macedonian? How did they lose 5 cases?

According to that map the Tornio river walley is all swedish speaking which is bullshit.

It only shows the reindeerfuckers in the north.

yeah, ooga booga languages are easier to learn that's why English is so widespread

Does Breton and Welsh have no case?Weird

technically English still has cases for pronouns only:

eg: genitive MY nominative I accusative/dative ME

Gul' gul' bul' bul' eshkerebembere agaldiz maraldizlik

t. brainlet

265, mate

Latin has six.

I really doubt that we consume this much soy
masculinity is pretty big here

based retarded brits

Both are agglutinative

protip soy consumption has no effect on masculinity

>Gul' gul' bul' bul'
funny how the only ooga booga looking words in your sentence are loanwords from indo-european language withthout cases and the rest of the words is simply non-existent (althought the last one looks kinda realistic)

Grammatical cases are brainlet features. More analytic languages are 200 IQ

>scandi languages
>the ex-yugo linguistic clusterfuck
If people want to call it a separate language there is literally no reason for them not to.

>I want to be a car therefore you will call me a car

Are you trying to sound dumb or does it come naturally to you?

eesti is more relevant than finland and hungary. yes!! we win again!

>tf
>tp
besides, it's not like there's a wide consensus on what is a language vs a dialect

Yes

Language is what a nominally independent state can declare. That's it.

That's very controversial and not a consensus at all.

Not at all. Some linguists are reeeeing, but if you're recognised and apply soft pressure even as a fucking irrelevant country almost everyone will add your language to their databases.

Locally, language warfare was used in genocides so being able to proclaim your own language is a human right.

>muh relevance
is this the only thing keeping western europoors from killing themselves?

wtf we're not Soytugal delete this...

So finns are killing themselves because they are irrelevant? Alright

>muh suicideland!!!
cringe, kys europoor.

Now you have to know your place little brother or do I need to come over there and give you a firm spanking?

Basque or Udmurt are far more real languages than the Croatian "language" is you stupid Albonigger.

>what is Chakavian

this is why their women are men now

A localised dialect that isn't even the standard and differs less from Shtokavian Serbo-Cr*$#@^n less than American English does from Scottish English.

I remind you – Srpsko-hrvatski is stil Srpsko-hrvatski write you it on Cyrillic or on Latin Alphabet. On it speak 3 or 4 countries. You fool

Especially in Hungary and Turkey.

Hungarian women are qt though

no I mean in england, the whole gender is a social construct meme came from there because their language is genderless, same in japan