Shit, Eurobros, I'm so sorry
you guys gonna be alright?

Attached: kerm.jpg (625x415, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J4DhecQQjdM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lmao fuck them
Couldn't care less

Attached: 1552336289202.png (598x564, 394K)

We're coming for you Next

What happened?

So is EU finally allowing us in?

Attached: 1553453970787.jpg (800x600, 167K)

saved

Literally nobody but Americans are talking about this. It's not even a law. It's a framework that standardizes protection of free speech to regular people and standardizes copyright complaint channels for companies. There's no system to regulate anything or a body to do any persecution in place. Now if any country on their own take measures to tackle these issues, they'll already have standardized blueprint how to do it similar to other EU countries.

The whole thing about "ur memes gonna be banned" is factually incorrect and fearmongering on the same level as "muh net neutrality" shitshow. It stems from American desire to spin narratives around the world to boost their own message in the country. Like how the removal of confederate leader statues was interpreted as a communist people revolution by Chinese people.

what a truly cucked response

The thing is
Meme ban is a meme
But the eventual upload filters that will be enforced by Eu's good little boys such as finland will fuck smaller websites in the arse and might lead to them dropping service from said countries which then fucks the consumer in the arse

Fyi mr noseberg mcshillington

what the fuck even happened? I was at work

user, that's a fanfiction. We don't know if any laws or systems that will use this will even be developed. Let alone how they'd be implemented.

Aye
Yet youre preaching about it as if you have some better information

Are you just coming up with oxymorons or do you honestly believe they have the small individuals best interests in mind?

Oui mon frère, but you have to let more Africans in

I said it's an abstract framework that means nothing by itself. We have to wait and see if it'll be used for anything. At this point we can't tell and alarmism, especially the histerrical reactions americans are having won't do anyone any good except fuel more meaningless shitposting.

Look at it like this: if Hiroshima&Nagasaki eventually bans europen IPs (worst case scenario, obviously), you mutts will be able to thrash us europeans without fearing to be called a FUCKING JEWS' SLAVE MUTT in response

>i respect laws and shit, only pedos use vpns!
do europoors really do this? lol

This post is awaiting review.

>you niggers pass draconian copyright laws to be enforced on the internet
>americans are the jew slaves

ok mario lol

They are already active on sites like youtube. Now they will become mandatory for everyone. If you can't develope one yourself you will have to rent one from google & co or simply close your website.

>I said it's an abstract framework that means nothing by itself.
Thats objectively incorrect because the laws will have to reflect the articles of the regulation. Which means they will need to have measures to enforce uploads of licensed content being prevented. Thats literally and directly in the text.

And the fact it will have to be according to the "highest business standards", means you cannot opt for less expensive and less thorough options.

The "proportionality" meme just means you can try to let it come to a lawsuit over every single such incident, which no smaller or medium sized platform can ever afford, so they have to cave in the license holders by default.

There is a reason literally every single expert on digital networks, technology and infrastructure said it is a shit idea.

It fucks any and all digital startups in europe in the ass something fierce.

Of course google is happy now because they can force everyone to license their shitty filtering technology.

cringe

No, it's all over

Nah, our parliament in its wisdom just choose to burn two generations of young germans for the entire european project.

The EU is finished. In ten years people will start talking seriously about Dexit because everytime someone tries to defend the EU with "muh defense against lobbying and corporations", reminders of this day will shut them up.

>burn two generations of young germans for the entire european project
lol you on crack?

Im not worried about shitposting or hysteric reactions

The thing im worried about is international megacorporations lobbying people to vote for something in an over-govermental organization that my country realistically has no voice in, but whichs' orders it must follow.

The feeling of control slipping away from you and you being unable to see any reactions even when taking all the sanctioned responses (social media posting, donating, contacting MEPs).

The feeling that we just might be slipping towards the hyperconsumerist dystopia instead of some rosy utopian union

Mussolini's granddaughter voted in favor
This says a lot about society

Attached: 1552921754356.png (548x488, 240K)

You're too white sadly

>The feeling of control slipping away
Oh, nothing new. What if I told you we weren't in control since the 11th century?

Yeah yeah...
I am aware
But atleast within what used to be a smaller nation of likeminded people, populist opinions had to be heard and addressed. Now they can safely be swept away to where-the-fuck ever

If you think anyone will be inspired for the EU after this shitshow you have to be utterly delusional.

Dare i say
We do live, in a society

Rejoice, the Cyberpunk future is coming.
Goverments are making themselves obsolete.

>Cyberpunk future is coming
Unironically a good thing.

I hope it fractures like in The Diamond Age.

What happened?

Article 13 and to lesser extent 11

11 is actually not terrible. It allows for both links and small segments to be quoted.
It just doesn't allow circumventing paywalls anymore by just posting the entire text.

Article 12 really fucks up the actual content producers though.

Damn based UK dabbing on you EUrocucks

Attached: switchtocoffee.jpg (359x288, 20K)

People don't like the EU because it's just a bunch of nations fighting. There's no union. Greek crisis and migrants made it clear. Europeans will hate each other forever :(

>People don't like the EU because it's just a bunch of nations fighting.

People don't like the EU because all they ever see from it is it being a corrupt and detached vehicle for lobbying.

You can love your fellow europeans and hate the EU. In fact, if you love your fellow europeans, you probably end up hating the EU.

I thought article 13 was already a thing. How EU works is a mistery to me kek. Who votes this stuff? People that you elected? Because Europeans parties seem a mess

>Who votes this stuff? People that you elected?

Twice over even. Because it gets proposed by the Commission (appointed by the national goverments) debated by the parliament (directly elected) and then approved by the Council (the goverments).

Yeah I can understand that. But states don't cooperate. I think only time can change that. Maybe you'll learn to take care of each other

>But states don't cooperate.

At the end of the day, this whole thing happened because the french goverment ""convinced"" the german goverment to support this move.

So states do cooperate, usually against the population.

Thanks. So why people always complain? I heard Merkel and Orban are in the same party that seems odd.
Yeah that's the impression that they give. But its a crisis that involves all the "old" politics.

>So why people always complain?
Because being elected doesn't mean you give a shit about the electorate. And the distance between voters and EMPs means they give even less of a shit than national MPs which is already very very little.
People ignored EU politics for decades and that particular bird has simply come home to roost, now where its become a comfortable place to grab some lobby cash and not give a fuck about voters.

>I heard Merkel and Orban are in the same party that seems odd.

Why would that be odd? The CDU is very conservative, Merkel is a outlier in her own party determining policy through her personal popularity.

This is what I think too. There are some movements that wants direct democracy for the EU. Sadly they're idiots like M5S or so. I think all the world should implement something similar (or maybe I just want all the world to be like Switzerland kek)

I mean if I had to vote for a party that has both Merkel and Orban in it I'd be pretty confused on what their immigration policy would be. They seem enemies not allies.

brexit is UNCANCELLED

I don't trust the general population to make better decisions. The overwhelming majority of them is completly ignorant, thats the main reason how we got into this mess to begin with afterall.

The problem, imo, is that democracy as a system (be it direct or representative) can inherently only work with a educated, reasonably affluent and politically interested population, which we don't have.

Occassional referendums isn't going to make it work any better.

>(or maybe I just want all the world to be like Switzerland kek)

You guys got a good thing going, but for most of the world its not feasible.

Might be hard to see, but the CDU is actually the most anti-immigration of all german parties (bar the AFD). Merkel herself famously said once that "multiculturalism has failed".
The CDU is not "pro-immigrants" they are "pro big corporations" who want immigrants to depress wages and flood the labour market for more exploitable cheap labour.

EU is SCREWED
youtube.com/watch?v=J4DhecQQjdM

Article 13 is a good thing and you’re just being brainwashed by big tech companies if you say otherwise

>you’re just being brainwashed by big tech companies if you say otherwise
It's literally the other way around

God damned i would like to post some reaction image right now

Maybe were just being acclimated to meme ban

Big tech companies lobbied against it

Aren’t you guys supposed to be smart?
All of the big data sharing companies like facebook and google lobbied against it like crazy.

Sorry I misread it, I though he said big media, which lobbied heavily for it. Tech companies only lobbied against it because of the additional costs.

Only in the delusional and paranoia ridden mind of its proponents. Because they were so bought they legitimately could not think anyone might have passion for something without cash.

And big ass record labels and studios lobbied for it
Now you will have choose which side is better for you as a consumer

Yeah and those evil "experts" with their "qualified opinions" and "arguments".
Disgusting this fact lobby.

Companies that make money by gathering and selling your persona information vs music distributors
Hmmmmmmmm

Uh no they legit lobbied I'm not talking about zoomer freaking out on the internet

Studios that extend their helping hand into your life by sending 1k threat letters to you

Do you mean "lobbied" in the original sense of offering qualified opinions?
Yeah that happened. I'm not aware of any lobbying happening anywhere near to the extent of the license companies and media outlets though.

I suspect things would have gone different if they had thrown anywhere near as much money on the problem as these guys did.

>Companies that make money by gathering and selling your persona information
The bill doesn't hurt or limit their power to do that in any way. It just causes more cost to their algorithm. Meanwhile content creators and independent news outlets/journalists/bloggers/commentators will have to pay huge fees to massive media aggregates just for fair use citations.
The Article basically eliminates fair use of public information, making it harder to find unofficial points of view than criticize the EU.

>Companies that make money by gathering and selling your persona information vs music distributors

Music distributors are fucking scum. I hate google and facebook but they are nowhere near as corrupt exploitative scumbags.
Thats not even talking about the "traditional media" which is even worse.

>Music distributors are fucking scum. I hate google and facebook but they are nowhere near as corrupt exploitative scumbags.

Citation needed.

>unironically trying to defend the GEMA

Haha fuck off retard.

Who do you think keeps trying to introduce all the countless articles that censor the internet in one way or another?

Attached: 1552679579460.jpg (550x422, 35K)

So you dislike that they wouldn't give you free stuff?

They are acting on behalf of the parties they represent. So what?

I dislike how they exploit the actual content creators, only give them a bare pittance of what their work is actually worth and take away their rights to their own creations

Imagine if big sites like youtube and facebook end up blocking out EU. Normies will be out for blood.

If only
But still
Imagine...
Imagine!
IMAGINE