Untitled

Attached: 220px-David_mitchell.jpg (220x270, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quotes.net/mquote/823688
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is British Comedy superior to American Comedy?

It's GNU + Linux.

Based

Et rougepilled

Yes.

Yes, but American TV shows can be funny too. See: Breaking Bad.

What do you think of David Mitchell?
Is he funny

It was. I don't think you could have the same shows on air anymore though. Didn't Monty Python get into some shit over mysogeny or racism or something recently? What do they even have on TV over there anymore? Doctor Fronthole and BBC on a loop. Top Gear was good, but we saw what happened to that right?

David Mitchell lives off of the reputation of the character Mark Corrigan and passing himself off as the "awkward, posh, right-leaning comedian" when in actuality he's nothing like the character and is extremely left wing and liberal like all other Oxbridge comics

This has actually been a good post compared to the lot of stuff that shits up this board. Refreshing!

>Didn't Monty Python get into some shit over mysogeny or racism or something recently?

Attached: 1553705893838.png (816x718, 101K)

Really?
I mean I can understand him living off being Mark Corrigan but is that the only thing he has running for him? What about Robert Webb?

He is alright. I prefer different comedians though.

So you telling me he's not a baddie?

I was enamoured by his sketches to say the least
But Mitchell and Webb was never aired here and the only show they had on netflix was the peep show

based mark

it defiantly used to be but its gone really stale since the mid/late 2000s. nothing particularly funny or pushing boundaries.

Attached: 1381182617147.jpg (500x288, 79K)

>gone really stale
Define really stale
Is it the overuse of tropes and medium that would have otherwise fitted in with the time it was used?

Attached: 252.jpg (500x568, 39K)

Tbh, The Inbetweeners is still the funniest show to come out of England.

When did he pass himself as right wing irl? Where even is his character right wing in the show?
Also, it's obvious he is a liberal. Righties can't into humor.

Well the show kind of makes it clear that he's more of a neutrally aligned person considering the fact that in Season 1 Mark befriended a racist and he tried to break it off when he found out about it

You should watch the Ricky Gervais Show and An Idiot Abroad. Karl Pilkington is unintentionally hilarious.

not the guy you replied to be mark corrigan (the charter) attitudes are quite traditional/conservative.

I'll see what I can do
Is there actually a good site where I can download series of shows? I always dreamt of downloading IASIP byt I can never find one for the life of me

i cant think of anything post inbetweens (2007 or 2008) that I thought was funny. it feels like there is more emphasis on comedy panel shows/game shows now than scripted tv series.

That user is just projecting. Mitchell’s character is the quintessential wagie.

Piggy backing that comment but to give an idea of how long 10 years with out anything good is - in a 7 year period between 1997-2003 the following shows aired:
I'm Alan Partiridge, The Office, The League of Gentleman, Peep Show, Spaced, Black Books. So many classic shows.

>unintentionally

Attached: 1c4uye.jpg (315x315, 28K)

Saving this thread. What was your favorite moment in Peep Show?
One of the best for me was:
>quotes.net/mquote/823688

Always Sunny used to be on netflix but they took it down for whatever reason. It’s on pretty much any putlocker now though, and you don’t have to download it. I’d recommend skipping season 13 though.

If you stretch it to 2004 you can add The Mighty Boosh and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Fuck, that late 90s/early00s was a great period for UK TV comedy.

Attached: 1378998573320.gif (500x284, 470K)

Hey thanks bro
Though I don't think I'd skip any season because I really love the show
So it's really a drought huh
Count your lucky stars yours is not like here because our main channel stopped airing shows like IASIP

Unlucky, we still have on the UK version of Netflix. Series 2-5 were amazing. Series 5 is one of my favourite comedy series of all time. It srarted to go a bit down hill after that (still good though) and since about series 11 its been quite weak.

fucking pedophobe

Attached: 1550268764852.jpg (957x960, 95K)

Who knows really
The last time I watched it fully was when I was 14 and now that I'm wasting my days I might as well catch up from Season 1

Other than him not being into drugs or hippie lifestyle, what is conservative about his character?

Conservative in a sense that he doesn't go full Jez or go full racist like his friend who got fired for racism

hes very uptight, realist, works in finacne most of the show, as you said general disdain for things like partying, drugs etc. He never outwardly says i'm right wing or conservative but I think its implied throughout the show.

Assuming these to be traits that are indicative of a conservative mindset for a second, how is David Mitchell himself more liberal or leftist?

Probably when Jez, Mark and Super Hans confront Gog about the Honda contract.

Attached: 1380229027713.gif (500x281, 967K)

I actually don't really know (not the person who claimed he was). In general though most actors/comedians in this country come across as centre-left or left wing.

He had an article on Column in which someone wrote an article about the article being liberal/leftwing

My favorite was when Mark tried to break up Nancy and Jez with Super Hans only for Jez to ruin it himself

lel

posting my best mitchells

Attached: thicc.jpg (634x818, 128K)

Rare mitchell thread
Here's him with John Oliver

Attached: 689443f9-2a42-4a84-a753-53f53dd67a82.jpg (1024x637, 232K)

She was fucking hot when younger

Attached: 1565876987098.jpg (1000x1500, 177K)

Attached: Peep-Show-tattoo.png (615x409, 606K)

Attached: 3153319-DICMIBJK-32.jpg (770x962, 110K)

you know you would

Attached: article-2217212-157067FC000005DC-185_306x527.jpg (306x527, 51K)

the sheer panel show output from you guys is just insane. I cant say I dont enjoy a lot of them, but theres something unsettling about watching all those careers kind of reduced to the panel circuit limbo

>Jow Forums Jeremy? That's insane.

Attached: mark.jpg (872x480, 27K)

"Suze where's the big scissors?!"

Attached: 1015902-_4.jpg (1100x797, 86K)

so youre saying tv isn't real life????????

>Come on Mark you know how I feel about Jow Forums

Attached: 20190328_062919.png (985x535, 475K)

I don’t remember this episode.

There really are quite a few situations throughout peep show where mark says things that make it obvious he is conservative ideologically, its just his liberal life with jeremy counteracting that perception of him that makes him so likeable for me as a character that could easily be just annoying and stuck up

I don't know why because it's not really that instantly funny, but the bit when Mark's drinking in the park ends up on Channel 4 News is the one part that first comes to mind.
Think it's because it's the one time Mark's life was ruined where it wasn't even remotely his fault.

The Pythons were

cheers, got a good laugh out of that memory

He was stalking someone. Being caught publicly drinking was probably the best case scenario.

Yea he was stalking Geoff and Sophie
It even came to the point that his boss sent him for an intervention even though he tried to say he's not an alcoholic

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 206K)

This guy gives huge gay vibes.

Here's one I made earlier

Attached: graynort.png (1480x1714, 2.38M)

"int? I thought you said you were not gonna go there anymore?"

Attached: sophie.jpg (299x168, 8K)

incredibly underrated post

pretty good

True

I'm addicted!

Attached: 1552700889742.gif (433x433, 2.54M)

I think generally it is because their environment is conducive to better deadpan comedy

But these days idk, like others have said I think Brits as a people are funnier but they have to walk on eggshells with their comedy so much that they haven’t really put out anything noteworthy in recent memory

Nice!

Attached: 1539514066563.png (640x580, 237K)

Woah, based

Attached: based 20.jpg (334x334, 88K)

Attached: laff 10.jpg (958x960, 44K)

Is sophie progressively looking shittier as the show goes on a product of her actress aging like shit? Or was it done on purpose to convey that her life was becoming shittier every day/mark was not seeing her through "honeymoon" eyes?

>right-leaning comedian
awkward and posh yeah, but didn't strike me as right leaning on any of his shows well, the two I've seen anyway.

When Mark tried to get Jez out of NEETdom and he sabotaged his job interview

She is quite old tbqh

its probably both
in any case it made the show painfully realistic

I like this faggot. He made that one Eurovision he commented (or whatever) pretty funny