American education

This is a Hawaiian standardized 3rd grade test question children must solve to move on to the 4th grade.

Attached: 1515003624433.png (600x450, 160K)

there is some loss of energy no?
so you need the formula to calculate it

the gear will break

2x the speed of light as it's a 2:1 ratio.

That's impossible

I don't know

gears are unbreakable in this scenario

you cant fucking get gears to move at the speed of light, retard. Make the question somethng like 'the gear 1 moves at 5 km/h' or something along those lines.

Nothing can travel at the speed of light except photons so the problem is wrong to begin with

based brainlets

says who? gears can't be 'unbreakable' in a practical situation, idiot

2.09 * 10^8 km/h

Kids have to pass test to go a class up in america? Man here its only if you want to go to high school

ROTATION ISN'T MEASURED IN KM/H

Attached: 1529102002294.jpg (728x728, 246K)

no he's memeing

no that's only in Hawaii. This is why many of us drop out in 3rd grade and get jobs. By the time we're 16 we're practically boomers

Sorry, 10^9, a typo

what are you fucking retarded?
it's a thing in hawaii and you're looking for the word meming

You do "pretend there's no loss to friction" etc like you do "pretend g is 10" in physics, probably.

Can't prove that it's 2:1 in size exactly but makes sense.
But formula for kinetic energy is 0.5mv^2 and from that with half the mass the speed has to rise by root of 2 I think.

The question is impossible, as nothing with mass can be moving at c. If we ignore that and just assume gear 1 is moving at X speed, the question is still incomplete and unsolvable; gears lose energy because they have to waste some moving their mass around, and we need to know the mass of gear 1 to know how much energy it's imparting onto gear 2 and thus without knowing the mass of gear 1 and 2 there can be no answer.

>let me tell you about your country

Not it isn't you fucking retard
>LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY

Why the fuck would I know that? I don't live in Hawaii. It just seems pretty advanced for a 3rd grader

yeah but matter can neither be created nor destroyed

forgive my mainlander friend, he doesn't know anything about comfy island living

Why do you need the mass? It's pretty clear this is an idealized system, the (orbital) speed and gear ratio should suffice.

It's a trick question. rotational speed and linear speed are two different things.

Like this guy said this is best described as a transferring of kinetic energy, which depends on its mass rather than an abstracted geometrical way of looking at it. The result is basically the same, in either case, we're missing information, and the information we're given is faulty.
If we go by the naive way of saying "well if the gear is half a big then it's gonna go twice as fast" will land you into a dumb paradox, because nothing can go faster than C.

They use the metric system in hawai? No? So fuck off nibba

But the speed of light there is just as a variable, it could be the speed of sound or 10m/s doesn't really matter it's theoretical.