How different is Quebecois French from France's French?

How different is Quebecois French from France's French?
Is it a whole world of difference like US vs UK English or Castillian vs Latam Spanish?

Attached: Je-parle-Francais.jpg (824x583, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2-L5d9SFXIo
youtube.com/watch?v=JsTtEMDPaMA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is it a whole world of difference like US vs UK English or Castillian vs Latam Spanish?
Even more

Understand : I can't understand shit when a québécois speak without minding his language or accent

What I will say will make quebecois butthurt, but it is an anglophied version of old french

Quebec French is like a peasant version of French. Sometimes Quebecois will claim their version of French is actually a remnant of 18th century French as it was spoken by the Bourbon kingz and kweenz, but that's a complete cope. It evolved just as much as metropolitan French, just in a bad direction.

Je prends soin de ne jamais utiliser d'anglicismes

In the 16th century, it was said that the québécois had the same accent as in France, very little difference.

Then it all evolved differentely.

trues be told
you may not like it but this waffle is right

What about the French in Belgium? Is it the same as France's or different too?

Nah, Quebecois was just normanand brittany oil languages who got cucked by parisian french and then english.

Did they even speak "French" though? In 1800, only 3 million out of 25 million French could actually speak French. Did it start already as patois and not as "standard" French ? Or did it start as the "standard" French of the time?

It's the same with really minor differences and they have a slight accent

Belgian French is entirely comprehensible, unless maybe they're a total and utter redneck. Think of comparing the English spoken in the south of England to the north. People in Lille speak pretty much the same as Belgians anyway.
Québécois French literally sounds like Cletus, except maybe even more extreme in some cases

Roughly the same accent-wise, we just use different words sometimes.
The original colonists all spoke different langue d'oïl languages, so they used standard French as a koiné. That's how Quebec French was created, with influences from other regional languages, but still as a variety of French.

It's the classic Euro-American accent variations. The have different words for the same things, same words meaning different things, different anglicisms (both have them but only point fingers to the other) and quite different accents.
However, gramatically it's still the same language so, toning down the accent, if a slang free euro talked to a slang free Quebecois they wouldn't have much problems understanding each other.

>In 1800, only 3 million out of 25 million French could actually speak French
Also, that number is bullshit. That's the number of people who spoke standard French natively, many more spoke it as a second language.

Eh, certains français aussi ont des accents incompréhensibles. On parlent pas tous comme des consanguins.

>Nah, Quebecois was just normanand brittany oil languages who got cucked by parisian french and then english.
no.
t. gallo breton

Whenever I turn on the public radio station here in montreal (radio-canada) I often hear some hosts adopting a french accent in order to appear more educated. Usually the more educated quebecois tend to have a more neutral accent which most french people shouldn't have issues understanding.
On a grammatical level the difference isn't significant. The proof is that the quebecois and the french on this board can understand each other just fine.

There's a separate language in Belgium (related to French) called Walon, but few people under 70ish speak it. Since the 1940s-50s children there have learned French in school, with just some differences in vocabulary and pronunciation between their French and that spoken in France.

Tu dois parler des bretons. Ils sont consanguins parce qu'en Bretagne il y a Kemper.

On an unrelated note what do you guys think of Trudeau's accent?
youtube.com/watch?v=2-L5d9SFXIo

They are different languages. I started learning French because of the French in Canada and 1 year later I can read books and watch films or TV in French with no problems, except Québec French which I can't really understand at all of because there is something terribly terribly wrong with it. Once I feel I've mastered French I will have to start over with Québec French like another language.

>Is it a whole world of difference like US vs UK English
No the gap is smaller.

French is a monotonous language and so let less place to various intonations than English, and so less accent.

Me bullshit pô ostie d'cave

RP English and General North American are virtually identical, there is a very slight accent difference, they are much closer to one another than Parisian French and Québec French.

I know right? These languages are so different that Im able to converse fluidly with someone from France as a Québécois.

I know right? I'm so educated that I try to adopt another culture and be ashamed of my accent. Truly a great sign of education!

This

You are wrong. The French here hasn't evolved much since the 1700s. What truly changed The French language was the changing of the ruling social class in the French revolution.

That's because the Québécois are less known in France. Every British is exposed to American culture, every Spaniards is exposed to Latino culture and every Portuguese is exposed to Brazilian culture,because the Euro version has less speakers meanwhile in French it is the opposite the Euro version has more speakers than the New World version hence why you are not used to our French

yeah so i was wrong the gap is higher

it is exactlly like that: >The have different words for the same things, same words meaning different things, different anglicisms (both have them but only point fingers to the other) and quite different accents.
an example of that I heard from someone who has gone to Quebec:
the word "gosses", in French it means "children" but in Canadian French it means "testicles"

The gap doesn't even matter anymore if you visit montreal since there are now so many algerian, african, and french people living there. In many neighborhoods of montreal you'll rarely hear french of the quebecois variety spoken in the streets.

y'a personne qui utilise bullshit dans ce contexte au québec.

Very good. He has a noticeable québécois accent. I guess Québécois will tell me he sounds like an anglo, but to my French ears he's mainly Québécois sounding.

This or if a girl is "chaude" for you it means she is horny and for us it means she is hot. If someone is "bête" for you it means he is stupid and for us it means he is cold and rude.

Also "gosses" isn't used that much for testicle its more used for "annoy" like "tu gosses" means you are annoying.

This sadly. Our accent is hidden in the métropole.

Trudeau has no Québécois accent lmao. He speaks both French and English like a robot because he is the stereotypical Canadian bilingual cultureless mutt who grew up in a perfectly bilingual family. His French is hideous, sounds like he is always translating in his head before speaking.

sounds almost exactly the fucking same but the french are autistic and will make fun of them too

I think Tom Mulcair, a canadian politican, also has a pretty neutral (albeit a bit anglo-sounding) accent:
youtube.com/watch?v=JsTtEMDPaMA
This is probably as neutral as quebecois french can get.

Quebeckers btfo.

His accent does sound Québécois to me (and I guess other french anons). More nasal intonations, weird "è" etc

Indeed.
His "principes" sounds like the Québécois version to me (and most of his speech). Then his "carrière" sounds anglo, among other words.

Quebecois slang and contractions: absolute subhuman trash
Standard French with a Quebecois accent: absolutely based and chadpilled
Standard French with French accent: Stuck up snob who sticks baguettes in his ass