I recently learned that some people take calculus 2 in high school, and that honestly blew my mind...

I recently learned that some people take calculus 2 in high school, and that honestly blew my mind. My high school only went up to precal.

Attached: 1523045329859.jpg (800x450, 40K)

wtf is calculus 2

I took it in high school.

americans are dumb and fat

This Russian master-race is right.

>american education

My school offered via AP but I never took it because I wasn't going into Stem. Took pre calc my junior year and it was easy as shit

it's before vector calculus

This is what my HS offered.

Attached: coursemap2017-2018.jpg (686x996, 57K)

Here in Quebec we learn calc I, II, and Mechanics in our first year of cegep (equivalent to 12th grade) if your focus is stem. Otherwise you finish "high school" at grade 11 without learning more than pyhtagoras's theorem in terms of math and demonstrating a 10th grade reading level. What's really funny is that despite all these measures to reduce the high school dropout rate we're still the highest in Canada. And it's not even real high school lmao

kek

It's cool that your HS offers computer science programs. It's increasingly important in STEM from what I've heard. I think the U.S. might offer something like this with AP programs but here in Canada I don't think there's any CS courses before university.

there is, they are doing programming classes

we're quite similar tbqh

Once you get up to factorising you're allowed to just stop Maths and just take up sociology - which is what the MAJORITY of students in the UK do.

Don't give a 16 year old a choice.

It depends on your school. I went to a public school that offered Differential Equations and Linear Algebra

>and just take up sociology - which is what the MAJORITY of students in the UK do.
Yep, exactly the same thing here. At our separate pre-uni, post-HS school, most people go the social science route, which is pretty much the "skip half your classes" route until you get to university.

IIRC last time we did in high school were integrals etc.

You still have much to learn.

Same, also basic sequences and probabilities.

Dans le système américain:
Calcul 1 traite des limites, des techniques de dérivation et intégration
Calcul 2 couvre les techiques d'intégration plus complexes et les séries
Calcul 3 couvre le calcul à plusieurs variables

sometimes it amazes me how identical to us Canada is whilst the Yanks are different in every single aspect.

Ils l'étudient à quel âge tout ça ?

Mon programme en analyse III pour référence

Attached: part1.png (1634x883, 159K)

You wouldn't learn any of that outside a pure math degree except fourier transforms for engineering.

16-18 je crois, vers la fin du "high school" donc autour de l'âge des lycéens. Même chose au Québec ou ces sujets sont couverts au Cégep selon le parcous choisit par un étudiant. Je suis pas très familier leur système et je crois que beacoup suivent ces cours au niveau universitaire au lieu du high school.

It was physics btw, I guess their physics students study it as well though

The public education system here is a farce. The only way to give your child a proper education is to put them through private school which is what about 20% of parents do.

My high school didn't have any programming classes. I think some bigger high schools are starting to do it, though.