Most popular degrees in the 1%

You did choose one of these degrees, right?

Attached: Snip-it_1555801313010.jpg (447x685, 65K)

>International Relations
we made it

Attached: 1537740713515.png (1127x686, 59K)

>political science and government
who'd have thunk it?

Attached: 1483609745104.jpg (960x688, 113K)

I'm medicine, so number 1

but how much does a doctor in poland make

Rich people do 2 things
>Do meme degrees like zoology, politics and philosophy
>Go for big money degrees like finance

Like a Canadian janitor

I did Compsci so now unemployed.

1% is when you make $400,000+ per year.

BASED

Attached: 1537352736190.jpg (600x600, 33K)

1% differs from countries. That only applies to America

Of course, in the poorest 1%

that's right. worldwide 1% is probably something pathetic. 1st world 1% number would be nice to know.

>Economics
Yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm based.

Yes, but Life Science degrees like Biochem, Mol Bio, Micro, and Biology, and to a degree Chemistry are all interchangeable in the job market. I live in one of the Biotech hubs and a lot of the jobs here don't care about the degree perse just the work experience

Economics is the best because half of those are just degrees for people to go to medical school or go into pharmaceuticals.

health and medical prep
biochem
zoology
biology
physiology
Chemistry
molecular biology
microbiology
pharmacy
misc. biology

at least 10 out of 25 are for becoming a doctor or pharmaceutical executive.

Economics is the real deal.

1 in 12.19512(repeating) , or 41 in 500 people, with an undergraduate degree in economics is making $400,000+ per year. That also isn't including the Business Economics group.

Attached: 1553474255726.jpg (1024x762, 144K)

I receive money under the table. don't need education for that

>Mfw Biology Major but my job title is Biomedical Engineer and my pay is drastically lower than average since I live in a low cost of living area

Attached: 1541260236955.jpg (328x328, 46K)

like a waiter in canada.

Attached: photostudio_1555801878811.png (447x685, 197K)

the fucks a "degree"? i look like a fucking nerd to you? get down and start sucking b4 i smack you 4eyes

You're missing the chem/bio retards who got into biotech like myself

Did my bachelors in electrical engineering but my masters/phd will basically be physics so there is still hope

Attached: 66f.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

I seriously hope your physics degree is something relevant to functional R&D or military hardware or else you're fucked in terms of jobs

>Economics
I have a chance.

joining the military next month for muh free college then im getting a degree in economics with a minor in political science and government

t. Economics student in sophomore year telling himself lies in order to make himself feel better. Unless you're Chad or good with people you're gonna become a cubicle cuck in HR or finance. I'm assuming you're not since you're here and I have low expectations for people here.

I'll be fine if I major in Computer Science r-r-right guys?

it is in optics and lasers which is relevant throughout many fields and the program has a high job placement rate so i think i will be good, want to work in govt lab but anything outside of academia is fine for me

Google pays 250k for software eng I. You should be fine.

civil engineering

You most likely wont be 1% tier of $400k+ a year but you will be well off and have money to invest to get up there

I'M NOT IN COLLEGE YET

Attached: 1554956959350.jpg (600x600, 19K)

Physics here, materials. Could realistically make good monies.
I know an expert who takes 1000€ a day for his expertise in processing. Could also get into petroleum.

I just realized something

the actual list is who has the highest in the first column and the lowest in the second column
>why
The second column is calculated by the popularity of the major. So, people with. connections will do well no matter what. For example, Economics is #2 and is the most popular major at Harvard. Harvard graduates have rich parents and a lot of connections so being #2 on that list doesn't mean much.

This means that the actual list would be according to the ratio between both columns...

Here is the final calculation...

Miscellaneous Psychology 4.3% 0.1% = 43.0

Miscellaneous Biology 3.7% 0.1% = 37.0

Molecular Biology 5.6% 0.2% = 28.0

Physiology 6.0% 0.3% = 20.0

Business Economics 4.6% 0.3% = 15.333

Art History and Criticism 5.9% 0.4% = 14.75

Microbiology 4.2% 0.3% = 14.0

International Relations 6.7% 0.5% = 13.4

Health Medical Preparatory 11.8% 0.9% = 13.111

Zoology 6.9% 0.6% = 11.15

Area, Ethnic Civilization Studies 5.2% 0.5% = 10.4

Biochemical Sciences 7.2% 0.7% = 10.285

Physics 4.1% 0.7% = 5.857

Pharmacy 3.9% 0.7% = 5.571

Chemical Engineering 4.1% 0.8% = 5.125

Philosophy 4.3% 1.0% = 4.3

Chemistry 5.7% 2.4% = 2.375

Mathematics 3.9% 1.7% = 2.294

Economics 8.2% 5.4% = 1.518

Finance 4.8% 2.7% = 1.777

History 4.7% 3.3% = 1.424

Political Science Government 6.2% 4.7% = 1.319

Biology 6.7% 6.6% = 1.015

English Language and Literature 3.8% 3.8% = 1.0

Accounting 3.9% 4.7% = 0.829

This takes away popularity. Popularity may be correlated to having connections, the example of Economics being #2 while being the most popular major at Harvard showing this. I could be wrong though. The numbers are what is the least popular while being successful.
Obviously, you can figure out most of this. The biology/chemistry/medicine/health/pharmacy degrees are all doctors, pharmaceutical people. Economics and Business Economics could probably be combined etc...

Attached: 1554605743730.jpg (884x1200, 156K)

as you should and I'm not checking your trips either

organic chemistry, 25 and unemployed since graduation

its your fault for choosing a meme degree
now that you are jobless what would you have done differently prior to enrolling in university

Wait IR is placed that high? I thought it was a meme degree
I feel like it's a meme degree
why is it so high?

Attached: 1553811078329.jpg (1600x1066, 721K)

I wish I was smart enough to be a psychologist, I'm good with people and I'm really interested in the human psyche

Attached: 1555674971283.jpg (992x880, 157K)

How old are you? If you are in now or soon, you are fine. Remember, the glut of entry level shitters won't lead to a glut in mid level engineers, at least for a good while.

about to graduate from pharmacy school so hopefully, pharmacist starting pay is 120,000 then pharmacist manager is 140,000 average, then after than distinct manager who probably make close to 200 K

not to be a dick, but good to know that chemistry degrees arent worth more than biology degrees since i have one

because daddy's little boy/girl who's got it made needed to choose a degree so that they had a diploma in their name, and they chose international relations because they enjoy travelling.

Why yes, I am getting a meme degree in Finance.

Attached: 66f.jpg (1242x1394, 184K)

absolutely nothing, I enjoy my life now. Yeah, I could've gotten an econ degree and made 6 figures wagecucking in some windowless cubicle in an NY highrise for 10 years until I got a promotion, but I wouldn't be happy doing it.

PhD in physics is great for an academic position and also you're more likely to be hired for an actual physics position. if he was doing bachelors in physics then he's definitely fucked as his only option is to be a high school teacher

you don't even need a brain for a psychology lmao. hell, STEM people who completely feel like they can't handle their degrees decide to move to a psychology degree instead. which is why a grade in a psychology is worth less than any hard sciences classes grade

>percent who are 1% percenters
>percent of percenters
what kind of autism is that?

according to whom? there are lots of government jobs in the field and because so little people take it, the ones that do are often first in line for a plethora of public sector jobs
the statistics are also skewed since half of those students are guaranteed to have connections; the real factor to being 1%, not whatever shit degree you chose since employers see them as all the same
people meme stem but it is often you guys who are left unemployed, same can be said for most people who waste money at university though
if you don't have a definitive path as to what you want to be you aren't going to make it, especially if you don't know people or have experience
>could have gotten econ degree and made 6 figures, but wouldn't be happy
that is also another factor that people leave out. have you gotten a masters/phd, and if not are you planning to? I would have majored biotech but I feel the courses you can take are too restricted

I don't understand what it means, maybe someone can explain?

So are these the worst majors?
I mean what's all that shit, and no computer science?

autism

we have national exams here like Japan and Korea, it all comes down to that single event which will determine our whole future
I failed mine; B's and C's across the board, A in History, D in Maths
I can't even take a TESL degree because of my shit results

Attached: 1555170282074.jpg (226x212, 48K)

I don't get it, please try to explain better.

>not helping Latvia flag
it's the top 1%, people who make $400,000+ per year and what college majors they choose most often

Attached: sydm.jpg (240x210, 6K)

Thank you, now i get it!

mathematics :)

Attached: riemann solved on a brick wall.jpg (3024x4032, 1.63M)

Attached: r6hg7vqomtc21_Copy.png (717x573, 109K)

I went to college on daddys money and my parents have basically severed all financial ties with me due to me not having or desiring a job so grad school is mostly out of the question. I'm not a shut-in - the complete opposite actually - but I honestly don't have the foresight or discipline to throw away another 4 years of my life for yet another degree along with thousands of dollars of crippling debt for something that I'm not even sure could help me at this point. Who knows, maybe in 10 or 20 years I'll regret the mentality I had in my 20s but for now I'm happy and don't have any regrets.

the OP is specifically about bachelors degrees

a reminder by that most of these degrees are pre-medicine and pre-law

Attached: photostudio_1555801878811.png (447x685, 208K)

>for now I'm happy and don't have any regrets.

Attached: 834.png (680x760, 191K)

Medicine
Didn't know doctors were so rich, I chose it because I wanted to help people..

I did international relations with a minor in philosophy. But then I also did a graduate diploma of education and now I'm a high school teacher.

So I'm not exactly on my way to the 1%, but nor do I want to be.

You're part of the 93.3% of international relations majors who are not in the 6.7% who are in the 1%.

The whole list is a bit worthless. Even if you compile all of the doctor/lawyer majors and combine them..
doctors/pharmaceutical people are 12.8% of the 1%, and lawyer people are 14.2% of the 1% according to this list. Those aren't amazing odds, even combined.

Attached: 1554496456037.jpg (791x636, 175K)

Of course. The 1% are the 1% because 99% of us aren't them.

it isn't the 99% for your major. it's the 93.3%.

close enough

I am about to finish my phd in computational physics but as my depressions fucked me over big time I think I dont have many career prospects. Taking meds and going to therapy since years but it doesnt get better. If I don't find an ok job afterwards, which I deem to be the most likely outcome, I will anhero. I feel like a human failure, a piece of waste, god made me to laugh about me.