1, Your country

1, Your country
2, What do people in your country think of these tv series? Which do people prefer?

Attached: band of brothers vs the pacific.jpg (430x350, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_liberation_of_France
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody remembers those
I prefer Band of Brothers, because the Pacific is just 3 different books written together.

Really enjoyed the Pacific

my favorite episode is the one in the ardennes in the winter, where there is a lot of focus on that medic dude

and the one with the landing on iwo jima I thing, where they go across the airfield

band of brothers was fine tier

I think it was Guadalcanal.

Watching BoB now is bizarre as it's filled with British actors who became somewhat famous.

The Bastogne episode is my favorite too

Attached: speirs run.webm (896x504, 2.93M)

I think more people prefer BoB here
I like it as well, but I haven't watched TP yet so I can't say which one is better

redpilled posters will tell you TP is the better one

I don't really watch television but Stephen Ambrose is a hack.

He is but that's not really relevant, he didn't make the show and if you need your shows to be 100% historically accurate to enjoy them then you're a brainlet

>watching american hollywood television

Americircumcision WW2 cinema/TV is so fucking cringe-inducing. Every single part of it is 100% predictable, like a fucking parody of itself. Probably the worst offender was that movie about that 7th day adventist being a battle medic in Japan while being a pacifist.

>aw shucks, well gosh darn it I'm just a g*d-fearin' murrican with a cheesy love story who saves the day against the enemy by really really loving my country teehee ^_^
Fucking nauseating.

The Pacific is 1 good episode and 11 hours of trash.

>Probably the worst offender was that movie about that 7th day adventist being a battle medic in Japan while being a pacifist.

Hacksaw Ridge? Pic related, American historical accuracy.

Attached: 046d4c5c037443f36a99ce87b8171476.jpg (600x750, 123K)

Band of Brothers >>>>>> The Pacific

Band of Brothers actually had really good character development, stories, fighting scenes, and so on. The Pacific was total bullshit, sex scene every fucking episode, terrible character development, the story was fucked. I stopped watching after like 2 episodes.

yeah, that piece of shit movie

Come to think of it, the overwhelming majority of characters in americircumcision WW2 movies/shows are basically Mary Sues, except for the one predictable archetypal "coward who cries in the corner during the heat of battle" gimmick and the token "secondary good guy who dies heroicly" gimmick. It's a fucking joke, it really feels like watching some shitty cheap military propaganda movie from the fucking 40's.

>HOW COULD MOVIES USE CLICHES WTF
>I HATE CLICHES WHERE IS MY EDGY TONE AND EPIC PLOT TWISTS
>NOOOO YOU SIMPLY CAN'T TELL A STORY WITHOUT BEING 100% ACCURATE

Attached: images (1).png (211x239, 9K)

>The Pacific was total bullshit, sex scene every fucking episode
>I stopped watching after like 2 episodes.

How do you know then

the absolute madman, speirs was blackpilled though

Hacksaw ridge was pretty accurate. Desmond Doss was really an aww shucks kind of guy and refused to carry a gun. He really was the first guy up the ridge and hung the nets for soldiers to climb and he really did climb the ridge a half dozen times to lower wounded soldiers back down, including saving his commanding officer's life.

As opposed to what, faggot? American GI's generally weren't raping their way across the countryside and beating infants' heads in with the butt of their rifles the way Krauts and Russians did. If you want grimdark morally ambivalent bullshit go watch The Watchmen for the 1,000th time and be sure to tip your fedora.

band of brothers is well known and liked. havent noticed anyone mention the pacific.

they did the raping parth though
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_liberation_of_France
One resident stated that "With the Germans, the men had to camouflage themselves—but with the Americans, we had to hide the women."[5]
kek