What language should I learn on duolingo?

Native English speaker here, I'm gonna have a lot of free time this summer so might as well make it a bit productive and try and learn a new language. I kinda want to go the larpy route and learn German or Welsh or Greek (I heard its a lot easier to learn ancient Greek after you learn modern greek). At the same time though I'm the most proficient at French outside of English since I took it in highschool and still remember the basics of it. Also kinda want to do Japanese in the hopes I one day get a chance to follow that English teacher in Japan fantasy.

What do you guys think? What would you recommend?

Attached: duolingo meme.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WGZMQfTKETI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you considered Neo-Aramaic?

Not offered unfortunately. Sounds cool though, I could read early versions of the bible and Assyrian & Babylonian texts transcribed into the roman alphabet.

How about Korean?

Think about the language your contemplating then imagine life in a country that speaks it. Do you think you will be happy in Japan? Learn Japanese, if you will be happy in Greece, learn Greek. Ultimately Duolingo is just a supplement towards achieving a happiness. I do hope they add Thai so I can become a sex tourist.

Portuguese

List of languages offered
>spanish
>french
>german
>japanese
>italian
>english
>korean
>chinese
>russian
>portugese
>turkish
>dutch
>swedish
>greek
>irish
>hebrew
>polish
>hindi
>norwegian (bokmal)
>vietnamese
>danish
>romanian
>czech
>swahili
>hawaiian
>welsh
>hungarian
>ukrainian
>indonesian
>navajo

learn French

How easy is it to get korean pussy as a white english teacher there?
I think if I moved to an area I could still have a pretty enjoyable life in Germany, I don't think I'd need to learn welsh for wales though thats a pretty comfy area too. Greece also seems like an amazing place to live and I've loved greek myths since I was a little boy

I'm not sure if France is really a great place to move to at the moment.

Would love to move to Japan, like I said its a fantasy though if even pewdiepie is having trouble moving there I'm not sure how easy it'd be for me.

Hate to sound vague but it really comes down to which language you find the most interesting or fun. Having knowledge about the culture and media for is a good motivator for pursuing your desired lingo. It seems French would be best since you already have previous learning experience, which is useful cause you're going to need a lot of perseverence to be able to just talk or read stuff. Plus it provides a lot of opportunities compared to other more exotic.languages, since french is moderately simple to english speakers than.say japanese. However it all comes.down to you on whats best. just my recommendation!

*to an area like Bavaria

>Native English speaker here

Attached: 9Q7nMPh.jpg (500x358, 132K)

I watch a fuck ton of anime so culturally wise I guess I'm most connected to there. Though I'm also obsessed with greek mythology. I think it'd be really cool to read The Iliad in ancient greek so I don't miss any meanings that the hellenes would've gotten.

post bundas

>pewdiepie is having trouble moving there I'm not sure how easy it'd be for me.
You are already giving up before trying? Theres several ways you can weasel yourself into Japan. Join the military, we have bases in many countries and people who get assigned to those bases usually move to the country after there service. This nog loved Germany so much he decided to stay. youtube.com/watch?v=WGZMQfTKETI

If your young you might consider the student visa option, apply for an international university and try and get a job once you finish your degree. The last thought I have is just living on a tourist visa and freelance your skills to make money living in Airbnb or something. Just some thoughts.

Already a junior in uni. Learning a language is a pretty big commitment I don't want to half ass it if I decide to go through on this, so if my best option for joining the country afterwards is some nigger tier immigration loophole I'm not sure I'm really gonna be all that motivated.

I heard something about how some of Neo-Aramaic folklore is directly tied to ancient Greek myths and epics. The two language communities, once jointly comprising the population of the renowned historical city of Antioch, still bordered each other overland until WWI.

Just for your information, of course.

German/Greek. They're practically the same, 4 cases, 3 genders, and 2 numbers with an article for each one.

Vocabulary:
They're pretty interchangeable because of all the Greek scientific/medical/philosophical terms it will be easier to pick up on words. As for German there are obviously a lot of Germanic words one should recognize. Just keep in mind v -> b like how Uber is Over in English.

since China has been growing as a new superpower in Asia, you might as well learn Chinese. Chinese has the largest number of native speakers which makes it all the more worthwhile. Imagine you communicating with 1.3 billion people on the other side of Earth. Besides, China is a monolingual country so many of them dont speak fluent English.

Yeah but look at their demographics and one child policy.

There's far more men than women (which, if you are good at maths, then you know that women are the biggest factor in population growth) and even if they find a woman they can't have more than one child. It's destined to shrink within our lifetimes.

>German/Greek.
>They're practically the same.

Attached: dxl2ui5v2r611.jpg (900x900, 83K)

you don't learn an entire language just by "using an app" during your free time for a bit... learning a language takes years and required lots of effort and hard work

Attached: 1280px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png (1280x949, 710K)

Russian if you aren't a brainlet

Spanish if you're a brainlet

Attached: 1481405237658.jpg (767x800, 182K)

But I dont think it will happen until you retire though. natural decline of China's population will take place very slowly and gradually and it will take another few decades until it brings about conspicuous effects. Plus, China abolished the one child policy in 2015.

>duolingo works

Attached: 1555809149283.gif (258x320, 205K)

Extremely high quality posts. If only everyone here was like you.

I can't tell what you're trying to imply by posting that map, though I agree.

It's a pile of shit. Still nothing beats foreign tv series with subtitles.

Spanish

Watched subtitled anime for years and still can't understanding anything but the greetings without them. You have to get the basics of the language I think before you make that leap. I'm not expecting to master whatever language I learn from duolingo, though I will get a start that I can follow up on.

tfw Chinese/Japanese/Korean all seem virtually impossible to reach any sort of proficiency in and all the other languages have cultures/countries I have zero interest in living/working.
Why did I have to be raised a monolingual anglo rip.

>Welsh
Based

Attached: c12.png (900x900, 186K)

>I heard its a lot easier to learn ancient Greek after you learn modern Greek
Can confirm, but they're both very different. Modern Greek has very different pronunciations and many Slav and Turk sounding words.

>Watched subtitled anime for years and still can't understanding anything but the greetings
well, I'm not gonna vouch for this as a method to become fluent in language like japanese but maybe you're not paying more than enough attention or your head refuses to do that when you're watching anime. I can recognize more than one word in every sentence of the common shounen.