Do American parents really charge their children RENT for living with them?

Do American parents really charge their children RENT for living with them?

Attached: 1555091588434.jpg (231x218, 9K)

Nah but I’ve heard of isolated instances where gigaboomers will do it to make their 18+ kids leave home

>have kids
>they have no choice over who's their family
>make them gtfo at a certain age
why do americans do this

... Why?

because they don't want to keep supporting their children past 18. it's relatively rare but it happens.

it's common in australia and has happened to half the americans i know

Why the hell not? they are barely out of high school by that time, how are they supposed to go through college or the first few shitty jobs without support?

When you are 18 from a working class background, you have to be "an adult".
This doesn't necessarily mean thinking things through, taking a long term look at what you want your life to be, developing a plan to get there, etc.
It means moving out to an apartment you can barely afford with your shitty paying job, buying a car on loan, and stuffing your apartment with as much shit as you possibly can.
Why?
"CUZ THATS WHAT ADULTS DO!!!!!"

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

why are americans so programmed? why can't parents be parents instead of doing whatever dr phil tells them they're supposed to?

I think it's only a meme because losers in America don't want to come across as NEETs so they tell people they pay their parents rent, so they hide how giant of losers they are. lol

>Why the hell not?
they're either selfish or just think that not making them pay rent is coddling them or whatever. pick your poison. I have no clue the reasoning behind it my parents didn't do that shit.

>why are americans so programmed? why can't parents be parents instead of doing whatever dr phil tells them they're supposed to?
It's not a particularly common phenomenon. Just look at all the NEETs on this site.

Because living with your parents is considered a lazy thing to do and parents might feel guilty about making their kid lazy

No because I'm not a poorfag.
My brother lived in my house's guest house until he was 29, he didn't even have a job most of that time and he just sat back there and drank with his friends, snorted coke and smoked weed.

i hope so.
i guess the parent knows if the kid is trying to get a job or something, it's not like they can't talk.

>Do American parents really charge their children RENT for living with them?
>Nah but I’ve heard of isolated instances where gigaboomers will do it to make their 18+ kids leave home

This isn't something that really happens outside blue collar America.
t. son of 1%ers

Attached: 1544865344641.png (400x381, 121K)

Most people want to fit in regardless of where they live. That is our way of fitting in.

It's the boomer mindset where you could get a family-supporting wage straight out of high school.

My mom charged me 300 a month

Attached: 1554514520461.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Yeah. I'm 20 and live with my grandfather, I give him 70% of my neetbux every month

this

Attached: 1538999648906.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

damn, she charged me 25 for just one night

People here voluntarily pay their parents rent if they still live with them but also have a job

Nice

No