Why do Europeans mock our trains?

Why do Europeans mock our trains?

Diesel engines are kino as fuck

Attached: 7ACE256A-5A6B-4EE0-98E4-9D96D6AD0FB3.jpg (1024x696, 391K)

Steam is better.

Choo choo.

Attached: 11da9a95b72cc42d30060478ac26eae0.jpg (720x360, 63K)

They are outdated, slow, dangerous and inferior in all aspects

Because they share lines with industrial trains and are in pretty much all ways inferior

Attached: 1880 Train.jpg (620x413, 127K)

it will cost billions to install electric lines across 100 thousand miles of track

>its le kino so my piece of disgusting filthy shit is good but no no no i'll never ever use it

But they have a cool steampunk aesthetic...

High speed plastic trains just seem soulless in comparison

Attached: C3E865AE-300E-4B22-A2B7-F461C5E9A8F7.jpg (1080x1350, 577K)

>industrial trains
perhaps you mean freight trains?

nobody here uses trains anyways
>drive down to the train station that's 15 km from your suburb
>use train to get to another city
>have to drive again to get anywhere after you get off of the train

Yes

Attached: 1555519406843.gif (244x160, 1.11M)

I agree with that, but tbqh for everyday commute I prefer electricity powered trains.

>nice things cost money!!!
Wow really? Maybe we should fucking stop giving Israel billions then and spend it on ourselves

i'd rather we fix our current infrastructure first and then we may consider building new shit

cringe and nazipilled

>not wanting to give billions in aid money to Israel
>you MUST be a Nazi
Good ameribait
Yeah fixing our infrastructure meaning fucking scrapping and replacing it to better fit the age we live in I agree

>Yeah fixing our infrastructure meaning fucking scrapping and replacing it to better fit the age we live in I agree

Attached: 1525752404374.png (113x182, 42K)

Attached: 9D616C85-6A25-43C7-A2A8-CE0676EA3F99.jpg (7952x5304, 2.92M)

You don't understand the implications of doing such a thing. We would have to completely overhaul our way of life, you would have to force people out of the suburbs and make them live in multi residential buildings

>Why do Europeans mock our trains?
We have diesel engines as well, they pull the heavy freight trains.

Attached: 00013891q.jpg (1000x667, 363K)

afaik most of American train traffic is freight

Diesel and electric trains complements each other. There's no "versus" between them

What the fuck are you talking about, no we wouldn’t, what are you smoking

explain to me how the fuck people are supposed to use the trains if they have to drive to the stations? We have the most sprawled cities in the world

Attached: sprawl.jpg (960x430, 200K)

I really don't understand the passenger train meme. There are grand total of 5 (FIVE) countries in the entire world that heavy rail represents over 10% of the modal share of passengers carried and only one of those is above 20%.

BY DRIVING TO THE STATIONS YOU GODDAMN BRAINLESS FUCKING IDIOT HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IT WORKS ELSEWHERE

Public transport and multiple train stations in a city

THEN WHY NOT JUST FUCKING DRIVE. ALSO HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET ANYWHERE AFTER YOU GET OFF THE TRAIN SOMEWHERE ELSE

We have this strange diesel train hauling people and goods around here in Lapland. It kills about 10-15 reindeer per year.

Attached: 00013880q.jpg (1000x667, 329K)

Attached: urban footprints.png (2457x3736, 721K)

I agree they are cool

>bro why not just drive across your state instead of driving 10 minutes to the station and taking a high speed rail that would get you there in 1/3 the time????
I fucking hate this country and we are leaving as soon as my wife is done with her residency, fuck all of you goddamn crabs in a bucket there’s no saving this shithole from itself let alone China

>not appreciating the burgerpunk aesthetic

>explain to me how the fuck people are supposed to use the trains if they have to drive to the stations?
Bus lines to the train stations
Integrated fares scheme between trains and buses

kino

That doesn't even look like Amsterdam in the slightest

>high speed rail anywhere but the biggest cities
lol
The delusion

That would already connect most of the people in the usa by rail

Hopefully you and you whore wife will just die so wherever you're going next won't have to deal with supporting a whiny parasite life yourself.

>inb4 Yurp
where are you two going?

Except it would cost a fortune because eminent domain is limited in the US and the best track proposals are blocked by suburbs, offices, farms etc.
It literally wouldn't be profitable at all

Christ you are a FUMING incel
Probably somewhere just outside of Vancouver, we both love the PNW and both (will) have high paying medical jobs so we can afford it

have sex

>none of the railshills have addressed this point

Amerihell...

>Probably somewhere just outside of Vancouver
doesn't looks like an upgrade to me

Canadian PNW is one of the nicest places on earth

it's the same shit
t. Bellingham

>wants to spend a bunch of money on high speed rail when we can't even fix the shit we already have

Attached: really nigga.jpg (220x192, 11K)

It’s all the good shit without the bad American shit. Good infrastructure with good public transit, better healthcare, cleaner, overall higher quality of life

Have fun on this sinking ship and staying in a shithole on purpose because MUH NATIONALISM

>he thinks that we won't have public healthcare in the next 10 years
>Vancouver is clean
besides that i agree but it'm staying here for things that I can't do in Canada, plus I don't want to move to another country and leave my family over things so trivial.

Your locomotives are cool. Some models are in daily use in Europe. It's just your rail network that sucks.