Who thinks this looks actually pretty cool?

Who thinks this looks actually pretty cool?

Attached: 1555822630811.png (1216x1412, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deconstructivism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not going to lie I like it.

no way doesnt go with the rest of the building

they should just make a spaceship with all those donations

I do

but it does?

literally better to demolish the whole thing than to ruin it with glass and aluminium cancer

no not really

if the glass was like that but stained and making patterns

No, it looks like shit

glass roofs are misogynistic

lmao i knew they'd do a gay glass spire just like the Reichstag dome

>glass roof to illuminate the space below

This is totally stupid, first there is a stone vault below, and second this would ruin the immersion and the stained glass effect.

Looks like an abomination

looks like shit.

>glass roof
Oh yeah that natural light so nice, except when it's not sunny, or when there's birdshit all over it, or when it is just simply dirty

lol

On top of all that, you'll turn the church into a fucking oven. *golf clap* well done retard

Shit idea. It would ruin the lightning effect of stained glass.

Only if the framing does a fleurdelys

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Too much light would bleach paintings and tapestries as well as turn it into a greenhouse.

Sounds like something that would be easier to destroy with a bomb on a drone

Extrapolate your options on this moderne russian churxh

Attached: 56eabb48c36188a85a8b4588.png (790x444, 438K)

Which was build in Paris last year or so btw

Looks nice

>glass roof

Attached: my favorite.gif (498x209, 1M)

dude le juxtaposition xD

Thank God, they don't build such churches in Russia.

This. It looks abhorrent, soulless, cheap and boring.

Did they burn it so they'll get to change a cultural monument?

why don't they make the spire into a minaret? that'd actually look pretty cool, as well as turn the notre dame into a symbol that all french people could then feel as though they have a connection with

Attached: DSC04737_Istanbul_-_La_Moschea_Blu_-_Minareti_-_Foto_G._Dall'Orto_29-5-2006[1].jpg (1200x1600, 808K)

oh Jesus not modern architecture crap. everyone has to much of a hard on for glass these days

Orthodox church is mafia tier. They would behead the person who build something like this here. This is the church they built this year

Attached: hr017.jpg (665x1000, 122K)

Turns out it was another retarded masonic-illuminari stunt

Attached: larry-silverstein-the-world-trade-center-crop.jpg (470x362, 60K)

I want to see it built if only to watch the glass melt the buildings around it

Both buildings on the sides belong to the church?

Anyway I think there are too many horizontal lines. The overall shape of the church is ok.

(OP)
Turns out it was another retarded masonic-illuminati stunt

Attached: larry-silverstein-the-world-trade-center-crop.jpg (470x362, 60K)

based lucky larry

It a russian cultural center, built almost next to the eiffel tower,
more a diplomatic thing than religious barely anyone is orthodox here

Based
They should use north African style minaret since France is nafri country

Attached: 02 Minaret.jpg (533x800, 97K)

This is exactly the kind of horrendous shit I would've expected them to pull. (((Their))) purpose is to destroy everything that is beautiful.

Attached: daniel-libeskind-architecture-08.jpg (2917x2917, 1.9M)

>muh natural light

Congrats on burning all the tourists who will be going inside.

This meme worked for the Louvre and Reichstag because these two buildings have modern day centralized AC, not a church who relies heavily on natural ventilation.

Also you'd build an elevator shaft in the middle of the transept just for a meme viewing platform...when there's nothing worth seeing around the church. You'd also block the apse and the altar in doing so.

Ahahahahahaha, they are doing it again.
We can't let them get away with it.

Attached: btreichstagneudpagjpg100~_v-ARDFotogalerie.jpg (960x540, 142K)

most french nowadays are more genetically equipped to be exposed to the sun

>MUH PRISTINITY

Buildings have to be renovated. That's just how it is. The Notre Dame has been renovated multiple times before.

Attached: Zigs.jpg (1524x1064, 404K)

glass is nice for illumination but it really clashes with the stone foundation

waiting for a 3d render for my final decision

I see this awful thing every morning while taking the bus
Feel my pain

note to mention the spire & roofs are 200 years old

>i suffer commuting in the quartiers bourgeois of paris

why don't we swap places so you can enjoy the 183

Attached: 1430516155207.jpg (399x388, 42K)

There are a lot of corrupted Russian politicians and businessmen who moved to France because of extradition laws. They oversee a lot of things in there and I am appalled by their taste

So the new parts are the only ones that failed? They don't make 'em like they used to

That computer glitch like structure doesn't look half bad compared to the fake stone walls and columns.

With pleasure
Even taking the RER B would be better than seeing this thing everyday

this.

RER is comfy

Taking a bus in a boulevard that is full of deviation because they're building a tramway, always full, always late, always smelly and now it's fucking suffocatingly hot too i want to die

Destroying the character of a historic building with post-modernist crap is the complete opposite of renovating said building.

Attached: New Notre Dame.jpg (750x422, 97K)

This.

Ok but what if the stained glasses illustrating the history of catholicism in France as well as portraying characters from French legends like Charlemagne and Joan of Arc?

Classic sheet metal is the best option.

Attached: peltikatto.jpg (480x480, 89K)

>RER is comfy
Have you ever taken the RER B just once ?

>glass is post modernist

tomorrow in the news : how elevators are actually a cultural marxist tool

This but unironically

Nice. Very Perus.

The roof's frame was 800 years old

Glass should be of rainbow colors.

replace the spire with an obelisk of Nod

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deconstructivism

>waiting for a 3d render for my final decision
all 3d renders are fake bullshit that make their glass look like some sort of otherdimensional material completely unlike real life

I'm not entirely opposed to this. however, one thing I liked when I visited Notre Dame was the huge mosaics that glowed in the dark interiors due to the sunlight from outside, this effect would be entirely lost here

If the catholic church wants to make the youth interested in their dead religion they would use Jeanne d'Arc from the fate series

That's the intention of this, to destroy something beautiful.

I'm just repeating what I saw from /his/ since a thread of the same nature appeared and someone suggested that the glass roof be covered with stained glass illustrating the history of catholicism in France as well as reinforcing France's identity as a catholic country though the thread got 404'd for some reason

Well the mosaics are already gone, and any new ones would probably be full of feminist and immigrant-loving imagery, so meh

alternatively they could simply not rebuild it instead of this cancer lmao

There is only one thing I like about the Russian Orthodox Church, and that is their devotion to traditional architecture. They emulate older styles, but they do develop them. And they usually hire competent architects, which is not the thing one would expect from such an organisation.

Attached: 1815-2-390.gif (550x327, 140K)

*would not expect

R8 our churches

Attached: 436638_1.0_titleImage_1.jpg (567x408, 272K)

Attached: PICFB.jpg (1000x664, 332K)

Agreed. A ruin would be more truthful and have more character than this abomination.

Looks nice, fits to your culture.

Capitalists

For example, this church was originally wooden, and was rebuilt back in 1988. It's not quite traditional, but it's not a modernist eyesore either.

Attached: Voznes_sobor.jpg (986x773, 194K)

Orthodox churches have really cool style.

They won't tear down the ceiling and the glass roof won't affect the lighting inside the church. The former attic will be turned into a platform for tourists and the cross vault below will be preserved.

Attached: 20190416-142856-nefast-id3153077.jpg (640x1136, 153K)

That building looks insanely good tho

It does look good. Whether it is appropriate or not is another question.

Honestly this is the one area Jow Forums is distinctly retarded about. You can't just build things in an old style for all eternity. Buildings are products of their time and built for purpose. Recreating an 800 year old spire for the sake of recreating it is ridiculous. It's gone, a reconstruction of it would be a flat imitation and nothing more.

Notre Dame is a product of its time, I agree. So I don't see why would anyone destroy it's beauty by turning it into a modern abomination with transparent roof. Just rebuild it to make it look like it was designed to look back in the days

>THIS IS POSTMODERN KARLTURAL MARKSISM
>ONLY GAUDY ORNAMENTAL HISTORICISM LOOKS GOOD
>IF YOU DISAGREE WITH MY VILLAGE RETARD SENSIBILITIES YOU‘RE A (((JEW)))
>HERE IS A WIKIPEDIA LINK ZO EXPLAIN HOW KARLTURAL AND HOW MARXIST YOUR KARLTURAL MARXIST IS

Attached: 6E271AD6-C4C7-4812-8DF1-FE60ACB738AD.jpg (232x217, 9K)

It's not french, so it doesn't matter if it looks "cool" or not, it doesn't belong

I think we can do uglier than that. I'm starting to suspect it was an intentional fire that was meant to burn down the whole thing, so some property developer could build overpriced glass spires in its place.

>So I don't see why would anyone destroy it's beauty

It already got destroyed earlier this week.

Based church mafia.

This.

I don't disagree with adding a modern touch, but not *that* modern touch. What a shitty spire FFS add some Gothic complexity to that. Also that roof makes it look like a greenhouse, which it would become in summer.

look at the contrast, this elaborate ornamentation at the bottom and then some fucking jizz on top.
What would they do with the remaining 999 million that people donated?

thought it was a railgun from the thumbnail

>RER is comfy
The E, maybe, if you take the line that doesn't stop in Pantin. The A, somewhat. Never taken the C nor the D.
The B? For fucks sake it's the worst.

It didn't.

But we know how it looked before. What's the point to continue to mutilate it