Quebec

What do people from your country think about Quebec???
What's actually happening there?

Attached: 7788.jpg (1300x484, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/amp/s/montrealgazette.com/business/local-business/hollywood-of-video-games-for-local-developers-quebec-tax-credit-provides-big-benefits/amp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_de_libération_du_Québec
youtube.com/watch?v=mRMdIn7IqkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hi, I'm a Quebecer
AMA

they based

The big issue over here is the Québec pm wanting to take in less refugees and wanting to make state workers not wear religious simbols (excluding the cross I think). Canada is mad at us bc of this, calling us bigots,but I think it's based because muh culture

Is Quebec similar to Scandinavia or Ontario (lgbtq+ and juvenile system)?
Redpill me on Sherbrooke, Montreal and Quebec City.
What other Canadians and Yanks think about Quebec?

la créature française d'outre-atlantique...
mon dieu...

Attached: 1510434598100.jpg (960x626, 239K)

If you were to visit, Québec City is similar to st-petersburg because it's more of a European looking culture center and has lots of history. Sherbrooke is an sjw college town and has no real patrimonial value (seriously don't bother). Montreal I would compare with Moscow, a modern capital city with a teeming nightlife and lots to do/see but the people are pretentious dicks and it's a dirty polluted mess.

French BVLL slapped your mother ass or something, Hashim?

Merci

>French
They're Canadian

Attached: q.png (307x624, 45K)

>What do people from your country think about Québec
We are rude, racist white people and fags hate us because we still have somewhat strong family values
>What's actually happening there?
During summer there is a festival every week, immigrants come like flies to a dead corps and both the provincial and federale gouvernement like to shit on the "de souche"

>Is Quebec similar to Scandinavia or Ontario (lgbtq+ and juvenile system)?
We have our own judiciar system, our own everything more or less.
>Redpill me on Sherbrooke, Montreal and Quebec City.
Oh boy, Montréal is the festering Anus of a gay nigger ridden with all the STD africa have to offer
Sherbrooke I can't say for sure I never went there in my entire life more then 30 minutes
Québec city used to be cozy as fuck, but the gouvernement is trying hard to turn it into Montréal 2.0, as far as I care it's just a fuck huge village
>What other Canadians and Yanks think about Quebec?
Yank think we're French European and I don't care what Anglo Canadian.

Fun fact: Anglo in canada have no official name to go by, the term "Canadian" was always used to designate French settlers in the new world, when the USA was created all the fags with not enough ball to have freedom fled north and they just started to call themselves "Canadians"
tl;dr You can't troll Ahmed my son, you don't know shit about Québec or it's people ... Joyeuse Paque sti d'fife

Attached: F5.gif (500x375, 393K)

From Colombie to Terre-Neuve
Quebec rules over all

Attached: Adobe_20190421_185905.jpg (930x720, 84K)

Merci beaucoup!
Are there based cities left?

Attached: 789.jpg (1029x230, 95K)

Quebec city is a nice, quiet place to live. Only old Quebec has the European feeling, the rest is American suburb.

Also, excluding Montreal, the province is a big farm, people are somewhat racist, especially against muslims.

Gatineau is nice, you live just next to Ottawa and can have the best of Quebec and Ontario.

a-anyone in quebec want to be my bf..?

Attached: 1554802362231.jpg (432x768, 264K)

Gatineau is 90% government buildings and is crawling with underaged high schoolers going to clubs

Saguenay, sept-îles, kamouraska, old part of Québec, rimouski, and tiny villages like Hull, gaspé, Wakefield etc. It's only the southern but cities that are bluebilled

I live in Gatineau as well, which cégep are you at

Small villages are boring as fuck and there's nothing to do, but the churches and the parks surrounding them are nice and cozy as fuck, some of theme are Worth to have a look at, the cities I don't really know because I don't move around a whole lot anymore, I guess Sagnenay, Levis and Trois-Rivier are nice authentic places, but they're very quiet places as far as I can tell it's about as lively as medium sized american towns.

Not racist enough if you ask me.

>Gatineau
>nice
Gatineau is called the armpit of Quebec for a reason, the sole purpose.of it's existence is to meet government quotas for adminstrative buildings in Quebec, and to supply Ottawa public transit with white trash that reek of alcohol and cigarettes that spit on busses. Also for cheap rent if you're working in Ottawa.

Gatineau is basically if Vanier was a city and spoke french

Attached: IdenticalObeseImperatorangel-max-1mb.gif (240x135, 389K)

I'm not a cegeper.

Exactly what I'm am saying. You can live in Gatineau, have Quebec services and work and have fun in Ottawa.

You cant have fun in Ottawa m8. City is infested with Somalis and homeless people

i wouldn't live in Gatineau even if rent was half price, I'd rather live in the east end like Orleans, pay the same amount, and not live in a cockroach-infested apartment complex or have to get bottlenecked by the downtown bridges every morning. The smartest way to live in the Ottawa area is to own property outside of either city, and drive in along the side roads to work downtown.

also, you can only have fun in Ottawa if you're a boomer like me who likes the blend of suburban and rural comfy life. Normal people don't have fun in Ottawa unless they're in Byward or Barefax every day

>Implying he ain't one of these things.

Welfare queens

>Quebec services
What do you have that Anglos provinces do not?

Oh wow yo borrowed the native word before us you are so cultured friend. I am envious of cheesy greasy fries and maple syrup- on snow.

Albertan here, Quebec City was beautiful when I visited it while Montreal was just anither brown filled bland shithole. Would visit again, I tend to like people from Quebec more than the cucks in BC.

Basic stuff (healthcare, daycare, employment insurance), but the amount they get differs from Ontario.

>Is Quebec similar to Scandinavia or Ontario
I'm not sure what you mean by lgbtq and juvenile system. We tend to have a different system for pretty much everything than the rest of Canada due to the Quiet Revolution. We have an entirely different school system, different immigration system, different official language, etc. School here is much cheaper than in the rest of Canada but we have higher taxes. We also have the laxest alcohol laws in Canada, though probably strict by Euro standards. LBTQ is as accepted as in the rest of Canada I'd say.
>Sherbrooke, Montreal and Quebec City
Sherbrooke is pretty nice. Not too big but you can pretty much find everything you need and it's nestled in the Appalache mountains so you are pretty much surrounded by nature. The nightlife is suprisingly good because one of the largest universities in Québec (I think 4th) is there and the city has a very high student per capita ratio, thus it's very cool for bars, clubs, cheap restaurants, etc. Don't listen to what the other guy said, it's not great as a tourist indeed but living there is cozy.

Montréal is OK. I've been living here for almost a year and it has pros and cons. The nightlife is great, the girls are hot, the metro system is very clean, it has a lot of festivals and events so you are never bored. As a tourist you'd like it, pretty much everyone is bilingual French/English, girls are hot, bars close later than T*ronto. If you have specific questions feel free to ask them.

Quebec City is amazing. 500k people yet it feels as a big village and not a city, English is less spoken there and the old part of town looks entirely European, it's truly a gem in North America where you can get away from all the Canadian/American mutt large city vibe. It's also super close to amazing nature like the Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier. As a tourist it's a must.

cont.

Attached: ant_001.jpg (1024x650, 194K)

Yanks and other Canadians tend to have mixed feelings about us. I've seen ridiculously heinous comments on Facebook/youtube about us either promoting our assimilation, our ban from Canada or an all out ethnic cleansing of French speakers from Canada. IRL I haven't met these but then I've only been to Ontario. Americans tend to be nicer and surprisingly less stupid. Most of them love Mtl and are most of the time intrigued by a French speaking place in North America. At worst I've seen some bantz from them and surrender jokes, occasionally I've met some douchebags online giving us shit for whatever reasons idk I guess heterogeneity triggers them.

>dirty polluted mess
t. never left Québec in his life
You won't find 1.5 million people cities as clean as Montréal kid

>people are somewhat racist, especially against muslims
Muslims aren't a race. Also, we've been shit on by religion for all of our fucking history. Either by c*Tholic dogs or pr*Testant dogs, even kikes. Ofc don't expect us to be tolerant of islam, outside of Montréal try wearing a fucking hijab or asking for halal food you'll be spat on by boomers.

Are you sick in the head? What psycho would recommend shitholes like Sept-Iles or Rimouski or fuckign Gaspé. Please tell me what you like about living in a 7k people place hundreds of kilometers from the nearest relevant place. It's not even like these have good natures like Saguenay or Mont-Laurier for example, they are just small and boring.
>Wakefield
Ok, this is kinda based though

>have fun in Ottawa
what did he mean by this

shut up you are either British or American
calling yourself Canadian is like calling yourself French, it's cringe and not historrically accurate

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (956x676, 1.21M)

Equalization payments. Imagine having a GDP comparable to Alberta but you have twice the people. They basically need it so their province doesn't collapse on itself.

They are the most loyal of Canadian Provinces. Did you know that could be their own country and they rejected it twice?

How are you people so loyal? It's really inspiring to be honest.

Attached: Sin título.png (410x573, 26K)

your anus is burning and you have no identity, but it's okay my friend, you can stop existing, nobody will notice, nobody will cry.

Attached: 1510075416002.gif (495x543, 1.69M)

>I don't care what Anglo Canadian.

but you care when you get the equalization payments

This. People don't know it but because of our inferior French genetics we'd be similar to Haiti or Senegal if it weren't for the benevolence of the British. Luckily, they are so nice that they send us BILLIONS of dollars for free to make sure we don't end up like other American shitholes like Guyana, or Haiti or Venezuela. Because remember we have no economy no aerotech, no biotechnologies, no hydroelectricity, no natural ressources, mining, forests, no pulp and paper, no aluminium, we also don't have the most tourism in Canada and we certainly don't have the second largest university of Canada and most certainly not the best university of Canada. We are basically Haiti remember guys.

See my Russian friend as soon as you make a thread about us it gets derailed by Anglo Canadians. It's really astonishing how they can be so mad about an ethnic European minority who's been there for centuries but are somehow so happy to receive hundreds of thousands of Indians, Chinks, Somalis, Africans, Arabs, Muslims, etc. every fucking year.

Gaspe is very comfy tbqh

Attached: DF460F89-F8D0-4EBD-BB1F-78DC2605BC52.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

I actually like Quebec, and dont have anything against them, but its disingenous to say that you dont benefit from the equalization payments. It would be very hard for Quebec to provide the cheap education and extra social benefits without them.

Also, I dunno how the average quebecer feels, but its ridiculous to hear legault talk about blocking a pipeline in alberta, while still accepting those payments

are you the russian with the batshit insane quebec gf

Alberta redneck here. I have mixed feelings on Quebec. On the one hand, I think it's neat that they kept their unique non Anglo culture and the Habs are my favorite hockey team so I can't really hate Quebec as a whole. On the other hand, I refuse to learn French because it's an ugly language and useless out west anyway, I'm salty about equalization payments, and I'm salty about Quebec and Ontario dominating Canadian politics.

Merci mille fois

>Gatineau is nice
it's not

>Quebec and Ontario dominating Canadian politics.

this. Im manitoban, but the favoritism Ottawa shows to Ontario and Quebec is frustrating.

>I refuse to learn French because it's an ugly language and useless out west anyway

isnt there a decent french speaking population in alberta? There are a bunch of french speaking towns around winnipeg. Also french is one of the most spoken languages in the world and is only growing

No

Gaspe is comfy bro, probably wouldn’t like to live there but it’s very quaint and the drive is unbelievably beautiful

Feel like rimouski would be a nice place to live too, close enough to Quebec and a large population

I stayed overnight in murdochville and it was very interesting it’s like a look back in time. The city was completely unchanged since the 70s.

The laurentides are very nice too I’m renting a cabin there with my parents this summer

Attached: DE597749-AE0F-4504-A66B-5419359C55CF.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

Why are there so many Video Gaym companies in Quebec and Quebec City especially? Are there some tax reliefs or Quebecois so good at vidya dev?

All the French speakers in Alberta are up north, further north than Edmonton. And not in the relevant part of northern Alberta where we have oil.

google.ca/amp/s/montrealgazette.com/business/local-business/hollywood-of-video-games-for-local-developers-quebec-tax-credit-provides-big-benefits/amp
Yep. Quebec governemnt gives game companies generous incentives to set up their operations in Quebec, and lots of developers started following

>I’m renting a cabin there with my parents this summer
oh yeah, if you like the Woodland, mountains and lakes you'll be served.

Personnaly I got eaten alive by insects and I got lost everytime I went there as a kid/Teenager, it toughen up your skin, flesh and bones when nature hate you.
Anyway, there's lot of nice place if you like fishing, hunting and nice scenery.

Attached: 1531773956191.jpg (400x599, 24K)

Great place.

Attached: 1552841899605.jpg (201x201, 27K)

Quebec City's old town is the most beautiful city in Canada, and deserves way more hype than the shithole known as m*Ntreal

If we look at Quebec City outside of the walled city Victoria BC is much more pretty

Attached: 115641038 1600.jpg (1600x980, 564K)

How do I get a qt french canadian bf?

how do i get a french canadian bf

Step one: Stop being gay
Step two: Get a gf in your area

>a girl liking men is gay now

>A girl on the internet
Is such a thing even possible.png

Attached: 1539007442404.jpg (540x399, 27K)

I have Quebecois ancestry and everyone in Quebec is related, so hello cousin :^)

I read somewhere that being a mostly bilingual places it was very interesting for a company like Ubisoft who is primarily French speaking but benefits from having English speakers Idk how true it is. Apparently it is cheaper for Ubisoft to produce here than in France as well but can't remember where I read this. We don't really have good companies though lmao. Games like Assassins creed and Far Cry are average. Eidos is the only good one tbqh. Both of their Deus Ex were neat.

I want to know this as well
>w*men
no thanks I want to date cute guys

There’s tons of girls on Jow Forums but I know you still won’t believe me cause apparently girls going on the internet is a rare occurence.

Toronto is the most beautiful city in Canada

And it has the best culture too in Kensington market

It is the most diverse city and therefore the strongest

Can’t wait until Quebec is forcibly diversified and French language is outlawed, the culture is too hard for immigrants to integrate into

Attached: E85DD4A1-ECC5-4887-9E40-F4F110D03F40.jpg (4032x3024, 3.04M)

Don't know how true that is. When the br*Tish arrived we were apparently 60 000 French people here and now over 7 million people in Canada have French as a native language. Some of us have Irish or English last names but for the most part we have only French last names and were devout Catholic with 13 kids families up until the end of the Great Darkness so there's gotta be some inbreeding here. Which I'm totally fine with.

vive le quebec libre

Attached: wiseau kanakastikkeella.png (600x501, 280K)

>Can’t wait until Quebec is forcibly diversified and French language is outlawed, the culture is too hard for immigrants to integrate into

Attached: 1554754077510.png (1058x1570, 108K)

i'm sick of people here acting like ubisoft is a good studio

I went to Quebec a few times. They have minimum speed limits posted on their signs and alcohol in their gas stations.

in quebec, women actually hit on men and not the other way around. do that.

okay dude I won't judge, if you know a girl and she got good French speaking skills she should be fine to meet any bf material during any social events really or if she's not good at french but willing to learn I guess she could find a Québécois willing to teach her and go out on dates at same time.

This is rigged. Didn't you know that every vote that is so "polarized" like 51% and 49% or even worse, with decimals, is very obviously fucking rigged?

I know it’s hard to change, but immigrants are the future of Canada and non Francophile immigrants simply do not feel welcome in Quebec

Something needs to be done the people are just too proud of their heritage. Canada is a nation of immigrant from all over the world and it’s laws need to change to show that

Piss off

Do men approach girls much or nah?

I only know the basic French taught at school lol

they do but they don't like being hit on. a lot of french immigrants think our women are frigid simply because they don't like being asked to fuck on the streets.

>Do men approach girls much or nah?
>I only know the basic French taught at school lol
Gods above, you are so boring, even in the way you speak.

Well the various branches of my Quebecois family came over as part of the first wave from France so undoubtedly I probably share ancestors with most of you tbqh. Which is awesome. I hope to visit one day.

>Do men approach girls much or nah?
We have a fair amount of douch bags fuck boys if that's what you ask.

>I only know the basic French taught at school
You need to know more then basics if you want bf.

So what if I am?

Attached: 00877FDE-99EB-461B-B1F7-523E166612DB.png (656x755, 39K)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_de_libération_du_Québec

Attached: 764.jpg (680x487, 55K)

They're flooding.

I am a good looking French Canadian man.

Why, of course I love Québec and am in favor of their independence, how did you know?

Attached: 43144315531.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

Well, I guess that's what straight men are into. Soulless husks with the intelligence and temperament of a cow, with the body of an oversized child.

tu sais que les quebecois ne aiment pas les gens du france?

arretez avec toi mots faux

t. francais de l'ecole moyens

it's not a secret that after 1rst "wave" the other attacks where false flags by the RCMP to influence the people into siding with the federale tho.

There's entire documentary about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=mRMdIn7IqkY

It doesn't matter if they dislike us, anglo boy

Attached: 43141355341.jpg (160x225, 9K)

why are you all such cunts?

me comprendez-vous?

tres bien.

Homosexuals are not welcome in Québec or Québec thread, leave or be cursed by the ghost of pope Jean pole II.

>replying to this one peruvian obsessed with Québec

Does this retarded roastie really deserve a Québécois man?

You should have sent your loyalist bitches to Australia and send what was going to be today's Australians to canada.

Everything would have gone right.

Attached: 1543373884077.jpg (314x328, 70K)

the one thing that I find cool about the quebecois, is that during the census, they are the most likely to declare themselves "canadian" when they ask about ethnicity

In anglo canada everyone still considers themselves ethnically italian, german, english etc.

Canadian is originally a French term. They actually have their own ethnic identity unless Anglo-Canadians who try to identify with the ethnicities of their ancestors but can't even speak their languages.

Do you?

I'm not asking for one, I never did in this thread. That was someone else.

Mensonges des britanniques pour nous diviser et nous rabaisser.

Read Lord Durham report brainlet