Why are americans like this?

Why are americans like this?
Why search for ancestry, some group to be a part of and at the same time claim equality and nation?

Can't you just be happy you're a melting pot and enjoy having ppl of different colors under one flag and culture?

Attached: images.png (237x212, 7K)

>Can't you just be happy you're a melting pot and enjoy having ppl of different colors under one flag and culture?

Attached: soyjak hype.gif (452x371, 59K)

They would have more dignity if they could just accept that they are americans, not german, french, polish, irish or whatever

nobody cares irl. the people that muh heritage unironically are """italians""" and mexicans

how are they a melting pot of cultures if no one cherishes their culture?

Attached: 1547354004155.png (657x527, 38K)

Attached: D4nQBFwWsAEzlFp.jpg (1008x760, 169K)

The vast majority of americans don't care about ancestry, just about being white

besides not like germans are allowed to be proud of anything lol

Some people just like knowing their background history. Not everyone is like that. If anything this trend has only grown because DNA research has become way cheaper.

>Can't you just be happy you're a melting pot and enjoy having ppl of different colors under one flag and culture?

Says the flag that started multiple wars over MUH VOLK

It will keep happening until we finally start to look alike.

There are more people who would consider themselves true-blue Americans than there are heritagefags. You just have a distorted view of things

But I am not American in any way shape or form.

>Why search for ancestry, some group to be a part of and at the same time claim equality and nation?
I've always been curious about this, this is my theory. East coast cities like NYC have deep racial divides because of the crazy immigrant surge in the early 20th century. There are Italian neighborhoods, Irish neighborhoods, Russian neighborhoods, etc where anyone not from a racial background are outsiders and American born citizens hated all of them so it lead to pretty fierce tribalism. This spilled over into American media and pop culture with mob movies and stuff so even in Asscrack, Wyoming some idiot will make his "Italian heritage" part of his identity.

>They would have more dignity if they could just accept that they are americans, not german, french, polish, irish or whatever

Attached: soyjak upset.jpg (955x1024, 103K)

good theory

Are euros so incapable of realizing that Americans do both at the same time.
Americans are firstly proud Americans and then will secondly muh heritage when convenient.

You think that's bad, imagine having all your thoughts consumed by thoughts of another country all day every day, so much so you do nothing but sit on Jow Forums all day and make threads about that country over and over. I'm glad I'm not that sort of person, seems like a living hell.

Jewish brainwashing.

I mean, if asked about his nationality would someone like Goebbels or Hess claim to be 1/2 dutch and english? Would they declare themselevs 1/24 after some ancient ancestors that worked as a blacksmith in Sweden?
I think not.

America is a recent invention.
There hasn't been enough time to create a american ethos.

The stuff about tyrants and despots are lies though

Why are germans not proud of their culture and traditions? All i ever see are some virtue signalling EU-fanboys

desu I want a new country and hope America splits up before I get too old

Its not that simple

Cultural identity has been a problem since the birth of America. Immigrants bring their own cultural values to America. It's easier to identify with people that look and talk like you. This presents a problem, since everyone is expected to conform, everyone must decide which values to give up. You are expected to make sacrifices to your own identity in order to conform with people you share little in common. This is a big ask, as it goes against the human nature to belong to an in-group and ignores past issues between ethnic groups.

Are you trying to say that I shouldnt LARP as a pure blood scottish highlander bull?

Attached: 20190418_014234.jpg (1741x1202, 501K)

Funny, replace all your flags with pic related and you get my ancestry

Attached: 41ue9aE0LBL._SX355_.jpg (355x237, 11K)

How is America so prosperous then?

America is not a polis. Aristotles was not speaking about countries, but city-states

la evropean mvtt...