For much of the last century, France, the UK and Germany largely grew in tandem

For much of the last century, France, the UK and Germany largely grew in tandem.

Recently though this relationship has ended, with Germany jumping solidly ahead of the other two. Why is this?

Attached: 035AE67C-4889-47D6-ADD8-29AF24B1C801.jpg (1920x1827, 392K)

it was their long term plan prior to ww1

I don't know, but look at Norway. They are so filthy filthy rich it's not even funny anymore.

Too rich for EU.

PROTIP: Be skeptical towards any list where the US ranks higher than Sweden.

Attached: income inequality.png (940x477, 113K)

what does this have to do with GDP per capita?

Explain Ireland, does the general population benefit?

they cant colonise and enslave other people anymore

Yep.

Norwegian genes.

Turks and Syrian propping their economy up.

im surprised, from what i've seen ireland almost seemed poor

The amount of Germanic genes and not having colonies anymore.

The French economy is regulated and rent-seeked to hell and back (the Economic Freedom Index has them as the second least free economy in the developed world, after Italy; for reference #1 and #2 are Singapore and New Zealand; Germany is #25; France is #70).

They still haven't even come close to 2008 levels of GDP (right now at $2.6 trillion vs $2.918 trillion in 2008) and have 20%+ youth unemployment. They also have the third highest net public debt in the developed world due to rampant social spending, again, after Italy (and Japan). All attempts to fix this have been met with literal riots. Germany has much healthier policies.

Turks and Syrians reduce the gdp per capita though.

>For much of the last century, France, the UK and Germany largely grew in tandem.
>Recently though this relationship has ended, with Germany jumping solidly ahead of the other two. Why is this?

Attached: 1524300443583.png (740x724, 37K)

V4 will soon catch up with the west, that's a matter of 20 years max

>V4 will soon catch up with the west, that's a matter of 20 years max

Attached: 1555913537242.png (866x900, 88K)

>that butthurt balkanlar

Ireland is a tax haven for international corporations, countries like Apple, Google and Microsoft have their Evropean HQ in Ireland for example. I don't know how much it helps the local economy but at least a lot of companies set up shop there.

>>that butthurt balkanlar

Attached: images.png (220x229, 6K)

>countries like Apple, Google and Microsoft
I meant companies off course, but it would be interesting if they were their own countries.

> I don't know how much it helps the local economy

Ireland was a poor shithole before the 1990s and now it's a typical western country with western salaries on par with the UK or France

This

>The French economy is regulated and rent-seeked to hell and back (the Economic Freedom Index has them as the second least free economy in the developed world, after Italy; for reference #1 and #2 are Singapore and New Zealand; Germany is #25; France is #70).
>They still haven't even come close to 2008 levels of GDP (right now at $2.6 trillion vs $2.918 trillion in 2008) and have 20%+ youth unemployment. They also have the third highest net public debt in the developed world due to rampant social spending, again, after Italy (and Japan). All attempts to fix this have been met with literal riots. Germany has much healthier policies.

Attached: 1515888499_preview_1516944670692.jpg (387x437, 40K)