How much vacation do you get?

>be in international business
>start to realize how much more vacation every other country gives than mine

I get two weeks off a year, plus christmas, new years and labor day. Zero sick days, but I can take them if I'm sick and don't abuse it. I'm getting jipped big time....

Attached: paid-vacation-CEPR.jpg (624x423, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_annual_leave_by_country
gemiddeld-inkomen.nl/modaal-inkomen-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=xNzXze5Yza8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

365 days a year
anything else is cucked

transfer to one of the overseas branches?

There is no international brand, I just do international business. I called Italy today and WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!! it's another vacation day. Post Easter Monday or something.

>sick days
that concept alone is fucking hilarious to me

Well what happens if you have the flu?

not really vacation, but 6 months on and 6 months off
it's not as great as some might think

That's why you have to retire early, im planning on saving enough cash to retire at 37

How do you know for how many days you are going to be sick?

Sailor?

4 weeks paid, but I can get a lot of time off anyways

Construction, building maintenance, I take care of rich peoples summer homes and seasonal businesses.

i just stay at home and if i'm still sick after 3 days i go to the doctor

Stop bitching and work for a better company

I think you are only supposed to use them as needed, but, yeah it's retarded and people just use them as extra vacation. My company doesn't even give them and if you are sick a reasonable amount then they don't say anything. Nobody wants the flu anyways.

Why is that a bad deal? And why is that 6 on 6 off?

I used to work as a deckhand and jr captain (running the tenders) for a rich family, I saved up a lot of money doing that living on the boat. No life though.

another nice thing, if i get sick before a planned holiday and get a doctors note for say 2 weeks starting at the same time as my 3 week holiday its illegal to the company to count thoose two weeks as holiday and you can use them later.

When I start my new job next year, I’ll get 2 weeks paid vacation. But, i’ll only be working about every other week. So. In reality I’m getting a ton of time off throughout the year

also to answer your question in the OP, i work for the european branch of a pretty large american company and i started with 30 vacation days

30 days vacation. No idea what to do with it though. I'm probably just going to cash them out

It’s because your government regulates employee benefits

like the pic you posted says, 20+10 (10 are the average of all Bundesländer i guess since that varies too) is what's the minimum, yes. I get 30+13 though so it's more than just governmental regulations

2 weeks paid vacations and holidays.

I’m not the OP.

Yeah it makes sense tho. Your government set minimums, but for businesses to stay competitive, they had to up their benefits a bit more

22 days + 13 holidays reporting

sucks to be young, no kids and have no degrees, some of the old fuckers at my company are pulling 35+13

365 days a year

I have no clue really. So far I just take days off whenever I feel like it and nobody told me I couldn't

So your coworkers at the home brand get fucked and you start with 30 days? What's the vacation in America for the same job?

Also at least at my company most people somehow get to 'work from home' which means they do fuck-all and still get paid.

>What's the vacation in America for the same job?
How the fuck should he know? I suppose knowing the US it depends on what kind of amazing deal each employee managed to negotiate. Sucks for those hired between 2008 and 2012 I suppose.

>I get 30+13
I wish I had that much vacation, the thing I don't get is with all that you could basically take off for a month... how does work continue? I mean if I take off from my job for a week things are an absolute mess. If I took off for a month things would be in shambles. And I don't think I'm special, I think a lot of positions are like that.

Because he said he transferred to a foreign branch of a US company.

Actually 25+11 paid leave days in Finland with the 11 being paid national holidays. Also naturally can stay at home whenever sick and it's encouraged to rather stay in with cold/flu/fever than to force yourself to work and risk getting others infected as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_annual_leave_by_country

Attached: celebration.png (499x499, 92K)

No, he said he works for an American company in Europe.
In general there are restrictions on how many days you can take off after each other, you have to call in your holidays in advance and some companies also have restrictions on how many people can take their holidays at the same time (or for example, you cannot take the whole week of christmas off in some cases).

That said I work for the overhaul department of an energy company, meaning we work 48 weeks per year just to make sure 4 weeks of overhaul are arranged properly, and I have multiple coworkers that take a week off during the 4 weeks they need to be there.
2 of them are replaced with people that cost over €100/hour, it's insane.

havent had a big boy job so dont know how many paid days off the place i will work for will have, but if it is shit then i am saving money and moving to europe to get so much time off

People in Europe don't even earn half what Americans do and have much lower standards of life.

i already know the pay is much lower for my field there, but i think the quality of life would be the same if not better

Do not fall for European lies, before you know it you live in a shoebox and drive a vacuum cleaner to work

Wonder why you have such a high happiness rating...hm....

I don't know, Germany the standard of living seems pretty high. I get paid 130k a year as an engineer here in America, I don't think germans are only getting paid 58,000 euros. You get fucked on taxes in Euroland, but you get healthcare. I spend a lot on health insurance and even basic medical for an otherwise healthy person.

>I don't think germans are only getting paid 58,000 euros.
That's more than what 75% of Germans earn. Median wages in Western-Europe are like €40k/year

Based

I'm a homemaker so I have every day off. Its based

And I thought I was getting cucked, lmfao

you don't go to work, you go to the doctor and the company can't even dare fire you for being sick
imagine being allowed to be sick only X days a year

Well I earn more than what 75% of Americans earn. I doubt median wages in America are any more, they are probably less.

I have 32 days paid vacation each year, but the legal requirement is a minimum of 25 days per year. Usually, I just take the cash equivalent and keep working.

being a mom is the toughest job. ;^)

The median wage in America is

lel parenting is legitimately tough but I'm not even a mom, I'm a childless homemaker lmao

>is deluded if he thinks 40k € is the median in WE (aside from Luxembourg and Switzerland, that is)
What is it then? I'm genuinely curious, I always thought median wage (before tax) was about 40k over here.

The median salary in Sweden is about that, but the taxes take a big cut.

Do Europeans really get a 4 day weekend for Easter? 4 day weekend to eat some jelly beans? Give me a break

3 day weekend over here, only monday is off.
But keep in mind many European nations are getting rid off these 'no working on holidays/sunday' rules and rather just give people some vacation days in return.

Sweden is Northern Europe, not Western, so I didn't take you into account.

Gross AVERAGE in the Netherlands is ~35 000 € (2855 €/mo * 12), the median is guaranteed to be lower than that.

Yeah taxes are pretty based here. I paid like 20% blended rate since I have no state income tax, and I earn ~130k. Also sales tax is only like 7-8%, versus the brutal VAT taxes over there. But still, I never get any vacation and I don't think I'm an exception.

I haven't been able to get anyone in Italy since like Thursday afternoon. Good Friday, then this Monday is like Pizza-Making-Money or something.

America got rid of those a long time ago if we ever had them.
You start with 0 paid vacation days if you are a pleb but work your way up from there

Yes, Good Friday through Easter Monday are public holidays which means few people will work.

Funny, because in most of Spain it's the Friday that we got off. But since Valencia is cucked to hell, I've also got this monday. I hate holidays.

you'd rather be building dr. shekelsteins new condo than having a comfy day off?

>I haven't been able to get anyone in Italy since like Thursday afternoon. Good Friday, then this Monday is like Pizza-Making-Money or something.
Eh just wait untill you have to reach a woman for something. "Sorry monday I work from home" "sorry wednesday I have my study day" "sorry friday I don't work because of my child" "yeah I was sick on thursday and tuesday"

You also have much worse public services.

yeah we get Good Friday and Easter Monday off

>Gross AVERAGE in the Netherlands is ~35 000 € (2855 €/mo * 12), the median is guaranteed to be lower than that.
We have 13 months of pay, though it is true that median is lower than average.

A celebration in April perhaps?

Attached: 1551059330905.jpg (524x512, 95K)

My days off aren't comfy, they're lonely. I'm unmotivated to do anything so I just spend them in pajamas shitposting on Jow Forums. At least when I'm at work I'm with other people and I have something to do.

this year i got 41 days of holiday because last year i didn't take 6.

i would have had 35 otherwise.

Same shit here. We have amazing weather this weekend yet here I am dying in my greenhouse room.
That said halfway the week I do really start hating being at work. It's only nice the first 2 days.

Thankfully engineering is still a male-dominated profession. I can't imagine dealing with an Italian women. Italian men are basically women, so, it has to be terrible.

To me the perfect setup would be to work like three full days and then a half day on thursday, then have friday - sunday off. ~35 hours or therabouts. I work like 60 now.

For some reason the Wikipedia didn't take that into account.
It says gemiddeld-inkomen.nl/modaal-inkomen-2017/ 37 000 € gross here, which divided by 3 gives 2846. So the real average gross monthly income would be ~3080 €/mo, though that's income and not wage, which will be lower than that.

>woman for something. "Sorry monday I work from home" "sorry wednesday I have my study day" "sorry friday I don't work because of my child" "yeah I was sick on thursday and tuesday"

hate this

youtube.com/watch?v=xNzXze5Yza8

I'm a frelancer so... as much as I want.
The thing is I don't make money while i'm on vacations.

>To me the perfect setup would be to work like three full days and then a half day on thursday, then have friday - sunday off. ~35 hours or therabouts. I work like 60 now.
You should look into becoming self-employed then. I have coworkers who do exactly that, however they easily work 10 hours per day from mo-we and then leave halfway thursday

>>I haven't been able to get anyone in Italy since like Thursday afternoon. Good Friday, then this Monday is like Pizza-Making-Money or something.

*wage gap intensifies*

>self-employed people
>working 35 hours per week
lmao

here we've had 5 days of awful weather, it's cold, windy and rainy outside, this isn't helping this 4 days long weekend

desu I'd rather alternate them, kids in France have a day off on Wednesday, I think that's a nice thing. You don't work more than two days in a row.
We should have 12 days long weeks to have a better way to divide weeks desu instead of being stuck with babylonian calendar shit and its 7 days weeks

ha ha y-yeah t-two weeks off ha ha i'm making my plans now

30 days paid from a corporate white collar gig.

If I get sick, I'm not at work. Sick days sounds like a terrible fucking concept.

Some are complete workaholics but plenty of them write fake hours and claim to work 45 hours within the span of 4 days.
I do their billing and there is nothing we can do about it really.

Yeah MT W off TF would be nice. I think anything is better than my MTWThFS working with a Sunday off and two weeks vacation where people call me constantly anyways. I worked most the day on Thanksgiving.

>vacation where people call me constantly anyways
Why do people allow that?

I was googling what the hell "Easter Monday" was supposed to even represent when I found this:

"Easter Monday stands as the last remnant of a once much longer season of post-Easter festivities. In the early Middle Ages people treated the entire week following Easter as a holiday. In England King Alfred the Great (849-899) decreed that none need to labor in the fourteenday period that surrounded Easter. This included Holy Week, the week preceding the festival, and Easter Week, the week following. People tended to their religious devotions in the week before Easter and celebrated with feasts, parties, games, relaxation, and attendance at religious services in the week after. By the thirteenth century this two-week period had shortened and shifted to the latter half of Holy Week and the ten days following Easter. These last two days, the second Monday and Tuesday after Easter somehow acquired the mysterious name of Hocktide. In 1552 Parliament passed a law restricting post-Easter festivities to the Monday and Tuesday directly following Easter. "

Europeans literally used to all do nothing for 14 days in honor of Easter. They needed to have parliament stop them from taking off a whole week. Lmao the absolute state

It's standard over here too.

There isn't anyone to cover for me when I'm gone. So my options are to ignore the calls or return to a complete disaster, or take them and hold off the storm. Even taking them, when I get back that first week I end up working from 7am to 9pm at night.

what kind of work do you even do?

Move to a bigger company then with teams that can cover for others on vacation.

Russian holidays calendar for 2019
Dec 30 - Jan 8
Feb 23 - 24
Mar 8 - 10
May 1 - 5 and 9 - 12
Jun 12
Nov 2 - 4
And you can always ask (demand) your boss to give you a 28 day paid vacation once a year

Working for one of the biggest in Europe I can assure you no amount of employees can prevent this situation.

> return to a complete disaster,
Nothing will happen in your absence. Everything would be fine. I explained the truth below.

Yeah, that doesn't happen in America, because as soon as you reveal that you do FUCK ALL that's critical or even important (which is like 80% of people in a company, in any country or industry really), they shit can your ass.

>I can assure you no amount of employees can prevent this situation.
This is true exactly because of what I said here The reality is that there are very few individuals who are critical or even important in the operations of a business. Most businesses (or any large organization, public or private) is full of waste and complete nonsense, and what's more is that it's almost entirely unavoidable as an outcome in the long run.

Engineer for a small business (so no other engineer on duty when I'm gone).

I'm hoping they hire another engineer eventually. We need it.

They would have a hard time shit canning me. I mean they'd need to find a really good replacement. Everyone is replaceable, but, I'd be pretty hard to replace because I have 15 years experience in a niche industry plus all the education.

>So my options are to ignore the calls or return to a complete disaster
desu that's what you should do, it's the company's responsibility to take care of these things, not yours

>"it's somebody else's problem"
>mañana mañana
flag checks out

it would really be a dumb move from them to fire you. it would cost them much more to find a replacement and then give that person proper training (because even if he worked in the same field he will definitely need that) than to give you either 1. more money or 2. more days off

>it's the company's responsibility to take care of these things, not yours
That was 30 years and 50 court rulings ago. Nowadays the conensus is that with the new work-life balance comes more out-of-office responsibilities while in general people earn more and work less at the job.

>I should do shit I'm not paid to do
nope

That sucks, a lot.

Plus they like me and I generally like my bosses. My question is really more of a "how do other countries do it?". How do German companies give such awesome vacation and stay in business and be able to manage? Do they work that much more efficient, or is everyone more cross trained than in America? What are we doing wrong?

I'm sure some of it is just the greed of America killed vacation, but, some of it is I think we just work incorrectly. Germany is really a better example than Spain or Italy because you guys actually produce, whereas anything I try to get done in Italy for example is a clusterfuck. If I order windshields made in Italy it will take forever to get a quote, be months late, get shipped incorrectly, arrive damaged, and nobody will be able to speak english during the whole process. If I order windshields from Germany it generally goes pretty smoothly.

You're looking at it wrong though. You get paid to take calls even when you're not working, if it's within the reasonable responsibilities of your job.
That means that a garbage man shouldn't care about it, but if you have a certain importance and/or deal with customers you get paid to take calls while not being at work.

The plus side is, like I said, people work like 36 hours per week here with all sorts of bullshit extras like working from home. It's not a bad deal.

>you get paid to take calls while not being at work
I know that exists, but you're paid extra for that, and not just a little. I was under the impression that's not the case of the other user.

Yeah here I drive into the office, work 9-10 hours a day, and then I still have to take calls over the weekend and such. And often at night.

Well in your case it's just a complete fucking disaster.