Why do 99% of the best bands and artists come out of the anglosphere?

why do 99% of the best bands and artists come out of the anglosphere?

Why can’t any other countries produce great music?

Like seriously I can barely think of any exceptions, do Arcade Fire count as french? Maybe Bjork I guess? I like rammstein too but they they don’t compare to bands like the Stones, Beatles, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Rush, Tragically Hip, AC/DC, the Doors, etc

Attached: FE685E54-A6F5-4506-8299-033243D9F4C3.jpg (512x244, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8
youtube.com/watch?v=tkaEpUBUQDw
youtube.com/watch?v=T8Gl0DA7kY4
youtube.com/watch?v=z6QgND6sXbc
youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
youtube.com/watch?
youtube.com/watch?v=eBG7P-K-r1Y
youtu.be/fGlnRahtqM0
youtube.com/watch?v=mOYZaiDZ7BM
youtube.com/watch?v=nPUtRUoW_Qc
rt.com/news/422255-us-china-garbage-recyclables-import/
youtube.com/watch?v=P3SUL-hciqI
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Beatles is shit

inb4 scandis claim that their autism metal is relevant

I like french house
youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8
youtube.com/watch?v=tkaEpUBUQDw

Englsih language bias

True.

Contrarian idiots

It's because you don´t know the best, even if in english lang.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8Gl0DA7kY4

Because amerimutts won't understand it. There is plenty of great music outside of the anglosphere, we have rammstein and mozart, Russia has its folk music, Tschaikowsky and shostakowich, the French had django reinhardt. Its just that now mainstream music is pretty much dominated by american/british musicians

they dont

Boring ripoff of American bands

> classical

Isn’t it past your bedtime gramps?

Also Jazz > Classical music and America invented and perfected jazz

>best bands and artists come out of the anglosphere
That could be considered true only for lowest, simplest, dumbest, commercial ersatz pop music. Saying the best bands and artists come out of the anglosphere is the same as to say Pepsi is the best drink in the world.

Name one contemporary Russian artist that compares to The Doors or Velvet Underground

Post cool genres from your country
Grunge
youtube.com/watch?v=z6QgND6sXbc
youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
youtube.com/watch?
v=5RisBAkC0x8
youtube.com/watch?v=eBG7P-K-r1Y

>The Doors or Velvet Underground
lmaooo dis YT pussyboi rly be listenin to this shit roflll bruhh oh nononono hahaahhaahah

@104597475
Finns are soo cringe

All modern musical developments happen in America except britpop but britpop is shit

Rock and roll - America, Chuck Berry
Punk - America, The Stooges and the Ramones, velvet underground
Grunge, America, Nirvana and Pearl Jam
Electronic - America , Detroit house music
Rap - America, sugarhill gang and grandmaster flash
Psychedelic - America, the Doors
Pop - America, beach boys

your bitchboy music taste is cringe

@104597846
Wasn't even me, fingol. Post better music then?

There's no point, you never understand the lyrics which is crucial part of Russian music. Neither you able to get the melodical and harmony parts of it, because it's too distant from the simplest 4 chords patterns - that's why Pepsi and american rock n roll are global actually, they both are simplest, dumbest, ersatz things everyone with IQ

>Jazz > Classical

Attached: 1433284379949.gif (722x720, 405K)

Pepsi is only widespread outside of America.
Also post it, i can almost guaranty anything you send, will just be a copy of British or American music.

>what is prog and post punk and limitless other genres
ameriscum are such cringe vermin. please die out quicker

Not Techno m8

Germany and France have a fairly great and developed music scene

Classical is boring stale white person music

Jazz has syncopation and polyrhythms and improvisations that makes it much more complex and interesting than classical.

So does Scandinavia

>Like seriously I can barely think of any exceptions

The problem is you.

>prog and post punk
Prog is irrelevant as fuck, even in its day. Post punk was popularized in the states by mostly American bands and crafted to what eventually became the most successful variation globally.

This

You like the Stones, Beatles, Nirvana, et cetera, because everyone else in your life and on the internet told you to like them.

Oh right, evrything is the copy of Anglo music, Jack.
"Ooohh giiiirl, let's go fuuuuck, and then you understaaaand, I wanna hold yoooour haaaaand"
youtu.be/fGlnRahtqM0

All modern music is descended from the rock & roll music played by Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Bill Haley, and Elvis

Stay made gay boi.

Like always, America is the place that creates culture and the rest of the world devours it up and bastardizes it

>99%

jazz is for pussies. all the music you like is pussy shit, its time to kill urself YT sissy
>b-but u-r m-music descends f-from o-ours
i dont care, bend over fag

No. But Sweden is pretty fucking big when it comes to writing modern 100hits. Not that that's anything to be proud of considering how shit modern music is.
Hell every year like 1/4th of the songs in Eurovision were written by Swedish dudes.

>implying we didn't revolutionize the europop-bluegrass fusion scene
youtube.com/watch?v=mOYZaiDZ7BM

This. Jazz (especially freeform) is the thinking man’s choice.

That video is appropriating southern culture for amusement I’m very offended please delet

Not the other ameri user, but Scandinavian indie and Metal music is pretty great. Certainly punches above its weight.

that's a classic

>force the across the ocean and into slavery for hundreds of years
>gives us jazz, rock & roll, and southern cuisine
>still treat them like shit and force them to live in rundown urban sprawls
Why are we so mean to them, bros?

Attached: 088692A5-A90F-42D3-A846-F6BBD1A627B5.jpg (500x334, 113K)

I don't see a reason to change it, we have created a culture machine with them, makes me happy to see deformed Euros dancing along to the latest hip hop song.

But they don’t. European countries have there own music they listen to they just don’t export as easily as anglo bands.

iTT

Attached: xFe0U.jpg (720x588, 111K)

But Europe hardly creates any new music they just copy what’s popular in America

Sorry your little Balkan shithole is boring and irrelevant but the truth is America is the most dominant cultural force in world history

English motherfucker! Do you speak it?

I just wish we made more Swedish music in Sweden. Like Finland. Pretty much everything people make here is made for the purpose of hopefully being exported worldwide one day.

While I admit I'm pretty "pop musically challenged" and don't really give a shit. This chick youtube.com/watch?v=nPUtRUoW_Qc is pretty much the only big Swedish singer I can remember in from the last few years that reached even my disinterested notices, and I don't think anyone even remembers her anymore. The rest I hear about is just old musicians from the 90s or people "making it big outside Sweden".

There is no denying that music from the anglosphere is extremely influenrial

>the truth is America is the most dominant cultural force in world history
The same as Pepsi.
SAD!

For The Marketing Nation also know as Merricans, that's the proof of its quality.

>export your generic western europoor garbage to other western europoors
>we wuz relevant nd shieeet!
pathetic

You can’t export without first demand idiot

What's a demand for Pepsi?

yeah I'm sure thirdies have a massive demand for your unrecyclable trash. NA peabrain

Really like ABBA

>>the truth is America is the most dominant anti-cultural force

fix'd

The truth is you have no fucking clue what culture even might be.

Attached: Frank.jpg (1000x750, 80K)

You realize how crazy Russians were for McDonald’s and Levi’s right?

The only reason we export so much is the rest of the world is so obsessed with American products...

Your basic ass taste in music is tragic.

But yeah, Brits did stand at the forefront music for a large segment of the 20th century.

>why do 99% of the best bands and artists I hear from come out of the anglosphere?
FTFY

You guys are not half bad at promoting cheap junk, that's true. The problem is that's the only thing you are good at. The marketing nation.

as obsessed as china is with your garbage?
rt.com/news/422255-us-china-garbage-recyclables-import/

the USA are one big ancapistan so that's what they do

so much cope itt and i don't even like OP's music

I wish they were. But actually they regulated everything and for now they are just crony capitalism with state subsidies and corporatism.

>most dominant cultural force in world history
lm fucking ao, the USA will never come anywhere close the cultural relevancy of the Roman Empire.

Agree with this desu

America basically decides what companies survive and die with bailouts, tax incentives, government contracts, etc

The gov could tank Amazon or Tesla’s stock overnight if they chose to start enforcing certain regulations

>Punk - America, The Stooges and the Ramones, velvet underground
fucking poser

youtube.com/watch?v=P3SUL-hciqI

That's debatable. If Russia and China would not fuck them, Merricans may be close to modern times romans who they appreciate so much.

American influence covers every country on earth besides NK Rome never came close

If you don't care about the attitude toward that influence, that's not quite smart. United States are hated pretty much globally, I don't think that was like that with Romans.

American culture is 90+% Roman. Your calendar is Roman, your language is 50 % Roman, your political system is Roman, your dominant religion is mostly Roman, your units of measurement are Roman, your government buildings are in a Roman style.
Roman influence had reached the rest of the world much earlier than the first settlements in New England btw, even if it didn't permeate that much.

Nope our culture is actually 90% black

Attached: 842D178B-BDEA-4CC3-B1A0-FD432F6454D1.jpg (320x320, 11K)

>I watch american television, and 99% is american!

>implying the Romans weren't black
Get with the times honky!

Buongiorno Italia con i tuoi artisti Con troppa America sui manifesti
Lasciatemi cantare Sono un italiano

based

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

You hate us 'cuz you ain't us.

Great for elevators and ASMR, I'll give you that.

Oversimplifications like this is what stop you from recognize the problem.

that fucking sucks dude how can you even call that music? lol

The only problem is that you're irrelevant.

I fucking love foreign language music, it lets me ignore how shit the lyrics might be and just enjoy the rocking.

However if I had to guess I would say that English language music is in higher demand since everyone speaks English so anglo bands tend to have an easier time getting fans and 'blowing up'.

nigger cope, jazz is a pathetically shit "genre", literally just coons noodling on their instrument, the definition of style over substance

>you're irrelevant
You wish.

>doesn't know anything that isn't pop music from the last century

Why do you think music sheets are 90% in italian

The most relevant american composer was John Cage and all people know him for is hitting radios and pans on that one tv show

Attached: st,small,215x235-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg (210x230, 8K)