Why do american high schools look like prisons?

why do american high schools look like prisons?

>wide hallways with tall ceilings, seemingly designed for crowd control
>sparsely decorated concrete walls
>uncomfortable lighting

Attached: Coolidge2-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-schools-weapons-20140917-story.html?outputType=amp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_School_Police_Department
youtube.com/watch?v=vS3yNg4REO4
youtube.com/watch?v=tfWi8C3V68w
youtube.com/watch?v=Dg4if0UpGo8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The cafeterias are like prison as well. Disgusting slop served on plastic trays. It's probably to get them ready since prison is where most of them will end up.

?

Attached: school cafeteria.jpg (2032x1524, 805K)

Haha I remember in highschool somebody took a shit on the floor and the girl was screaming "what the fuck is that?"

Why have nice things when black people will just ruin everything?

My school always served pizza, chicken sandwiches and burgers everyday. You could choose any of them. Then sometimes we had Lasagna, Philly cheesesteak, and BBQ

Because they perform the same function.

Attached: 6785355[1].jpg (1100x1522, 392K)

Why make a thread when Jow Forums will turn it into a soapbox?

Man that school shit is a joke
The same people who control the school system control
The prison system, and the whole social system
Ever since slavery, naw I'm saying?

No windows. Even in prisons there are windows

Attached: DSC03209.jpg (800x600, 201K)

And here's a prison cafeteria. You're not good at this, Cletus.

Attached: rs_1024x576-180926112932-1024-bill-cosby-prison-4-092618.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

Attached: DSC03201.jpg (800x600, 57K)

>NOO YOU CAN'T HAVE UNDECORATED WALLS THAT MAKES ME DEPRESSED
holy shit what're you a woman

Attached: 1549692501278.png (586x673, 375K)

>why is a horrible place that you're forced to be at full of violent criminals like a prison?
gee I dunno
thank god I only did one year of that before spending the rest of HS in Europe

Attached: cafe.jpg (2896x1944, 1.46M)

t. bugman

Looks like some poorly funded inner city public school. Just go to a private school.
The classroom is clearly in an inner part of the building

Don't forget the multiple security checkpoints they have to pass through.

Attached: DETECTORS ME KAM 20141009 0072F.jpg (1140x802, 115K)

based foucault poster
Aren't most of them designed by prison architects? I thought this was a well-known fact

I remember there literally being a maxi pad on the floor in middle school. And this was an upper class area.

A lot of schools unironically buy their food from the same contractor that does prison food.

Attached: USA17.jpg (728x546, 46K)

>UMMM EXCUSE ME WHY DOES YOUR HOUSE HAVE CONCRETE WALLS AND FLOORS? WHERE ARE ALL THE MARVEL FUNKO-POPS?

Attached: Gigasoy.png (221x228, 8K)

that's mostly inner city schools

A lot of schools employ prison architects and catering companies. It’s not even a secret.

>plastic trays
Um, no.

A house like that where the sole fixture is an altar to consumerism, reflects a thoroughly domesticated and suppressed inner life.

Yes? They have those in 99% of schools.

You got a source for that or no

still no windows

Attached: DSC03203.jpg (800x600, 218K)

You're not gonna win this one, Cletus. We all know your schools are prisons.

Attached: headlineImage.adapt.1460.high.schooltrauma_1.1440632271623.jpg (1460x911, 758K)

Attached: 67054-full.jpg (1024x683, 266K)

It’s literally common knowledge. Why are you so defensive?

No it isn't.

Attached: 5ab2a3caf8553631008b46b3-750-422.jpg (750x422, 54K)

Reminder that a Los Angeles high school police department literally owned grenade launchers and assault rifles and even an armored truck. google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-schools-weapons-20140917-story.html?outputType=amp
So you don't have one. Great.

Attached: 3BJJ4LGNXNHPZISI4P53C6Y6ZI.jpg (1200x707, 164K)

This is so soul-crushing, how can Americans treat their children like this, no wonder why they all grow up to be vicious animals going to wars or just flipping out and killing people randomly. That nation is sick, soulless, I'm on the verge of tears. How could this have happened?

Attached: american-education.png (505x325, 238K)

where are the schools with the fucking metal detectors kek , are they in florida?

What should a school look like? It is a building with utilitarian purpose. Decorations are the responsibility of the students and clubs pending administrative approval.

>pic of black people
>why do american high schools look like prisons?

Attached: laughingman-370x229.jpg (370x229, 29K)

That's because everyone has guns in America but they aren't allowed at school.

>It is a building with utilitarian purpose
Should it be?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 198K)

Jap schools are cozy

Attached: 7f2f43417def47f8f6ef768ada2eb86c.jpg (990x499, 120K)

This
wh*Teoids are mentally retarded and don't understand that schools exist with a specific function in mind. They literally can't function without bright colors and decorations.

The backpacks are clear so that you want hide any weapons when walking around with them.

Those are school police, specifically LA.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_School_Police_Department

>abloobloo I need bright colors or else i'll kill myself

Yes. It is a building for training students in skills necessary to function in modern society and to provide knowledge to facilitating future learning. What else is it meant for? That which does not enable and support these purposes is extraneous, perhaps distracting.

Most autistic post I’ve read in ages.

good post.

They all look so swarthy.

They say it's because of black people but I think it's because the politicians want everyone to be afraid.

Lmao. You're a weak cuck if you're unironically on the verge of tears. I'm a senior in high school and I see it practically every day. Europeans are such limp-wristed pansies.

Do you know what it feels like to enjoy life? If you only go through the motions as a drone in a lukewarm environment from womb to tomb then you’d be better off dead, which explains your suicide rates.

Why do you hate popculture things?

Attached: P90506-090612[1].jpg (1124x502, 186K)

He isn't wrong, though。

SEETHING

*shoots up a school*

I bet that guy doesn't own a single fucking book.

Yes you are. Stop pretending to be multiple people.

Kek

My HS was literally a former office buiilding

Attached: 53_big[1].jpg (600x450, 56K)

Because of the people going there, not the school itself. Zoomers aren't as bad when it comes to bullying, but all this nigger culture has made them rather spontaneous. One moment, they are angry and goimg to beat you up, the next they are your friends.

I'm an American, Chinkstralian. Explain how he is wrong?

Pic from the inside. Yes, that is a metal detector on the right.

Attached: albany_high_school_hallway[1].jpg (525x394, 56K)

If guns aren't allowed at school why there are so many school shootings? Why do Americans break the law?

Attached: 1516790204651.png (333x304, 139K)

Every person and object in this image has a clear purpose. It is aesthetic because it depicts the purpose of the environment and those intended for using it. No clutter, extraneous objects or designs, or distractions. Why should a thing be more than necessary for its purpose?

Decorations are pleasant but should have purpose. A strobe light is interesting but a distraction. Same with too much advertisements and clutter.

This is part of why uniforms are common also. Uniforms reduce distraction and encourage pride in the school group, which will encourage achievement elevates the students and school.

STAND BEHIND THE YELLOW LINE WITH YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEADS! IF YOU CROSS THE YELLOW LINE YOU WILL BE SHOT!

youtube.com/watch?v=vS3yNg4REO4

In USA hospitals also have metal detectors and police.

GAW BLESS THIS GREAT NATION OF OURS

youtube.com/watch?v=tfWi8C3V68w

No wonder so much of your population is virgins.

Drug dogs in schools.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dg4if0UpGo8

what do your high schools look like?
My high school had windows in the classrooms
what do russian high schools look like?

Is your way to enjoy life the only way? Perhaps some people are happy to never be a nuisance and take pride in their tasks. Why be the hostile one because others are different?

If you are happy, I will be happy for you.

My high school didn't have anything of the sort. this is reserved for huge schools and ones in crime infested areas

I fucking loved it when the drug dogs came in. All the Chads and Staceys would panic and run to their locker but some were too late and they got arrested. It gave me so much joy to see their lives crumble like that.

You seem upset. Do you have anything to add in the discussion? Or?

You sound like you spent a lot of time upside down in toilets and shoved in lockers.

have sex

wait what the fuck I am 90% sure this was my high school. at least that room seems kinda familiar and the EXACT mascot design

>OMG I SAW A COP CARRYING A GUN THIS IS SO AWFUL
Why are firsties such pussies

>that vote Danielle for president banner
Do americans really take school politics this seriously? If anyone did something even remotely similar at my school he would have committed social suicide

Good. Teenagers are scum that do drugs and need to punished.

>Russian high schools
We often have high/middle/elementary at the same building.
Can't show any pics now, but you can just Google mine Гимнaзия №56 Caнкт-Пeтepбypг

>bringing your drugs to the school
i'd arrest them, not because i dislike drugs, for the principle of it.

>literally no concept of banter or sarcasm
>in high school
Neck yourself

>Do americans really take school politics this seriously?
Yes, from what I am told they do it because they either love politics (and later become a politician) or they want something nice on their college application. Being class president will help them get into nicer colleges.

t.former exchange student

Literally this.
No one gives a shit about this silly school presidents abd etc (unlike at the uni tho)

it looks good when applying to college. can help get scholarships.

>We often have high/middle/elementary at the same building.
The US school I attended had middle and high school on the same campus and there were prison-like gates between the high and middle areas because apparently the high school boys would take advantage of middle school girls and the girls would want to be poplar so they would do what ever the boys wanted. Imagine if the elementary school was there too.

How can anyone be actually okay with this? It is crazy to me that teenagers would be searched for drugs involuntarily and face actual criminal charges if possesing even marijuana

Almost all schools were built according to the standard bluepring

Attached: school-building.jpg (600x317, 190K)

If you bring drugs to school you are stupid. It's like they think a fucking trained biological super scent detector is gonna somehow miss their locker.

If a dog can unseeable diseased tissue Ling diluted by air your cramped and tight locker stands no chance. Fucks sake the actual open weed smoker in my school never got caught despite him coming to academic level classes stoned sometimes because he did that stuff in the mini house in his homes backyard.

Is student leadership not important in Switzerland?

The schools in my country look like freaking departaments...

that looks worse than american sch

I'm the guy that sits in the corner at back of the classroom, talks to no-one, and gets good grades. Of course I'm socially retarded. Believe it or not, public school is the reason why I'm like this.

Efficient. Windows, light open space, simple design. Center wing is for administration and other wings are segregated in class groups?

During school I frequently contemplated photoshopping pictures of myself to make propaganda posters where I LARP as a dictator and put them up around the school while running for school elections. Thankfully I was too much of a pussy to follow through with such an autistic plan.

>public school is the reason I'm like this
I don't believe that. I was making fun of you because you seem like you just arrived at this board 3 minutes ago and saw some foreigner being sarcastic and you took it literally and called him a cuck. Please leave and come back when you are 21 and not retarded