How do you find meaning, user?

How do you find meaning, user?

What thoughts have you sowed?

Attached: quote-a-sense-of-a-wider-meaning-to-one-s-existence-is-what-raises-a-man-beyond-mere-getting-carl-ju (850x400, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in the meaninglessness
jung is cringe btw

hello mental illness

Politics and god

anime tiddies

How does it manifest in your personal life?

Nothing is meaningful without the actions

Christinaity. I spent my teenage years laughing at those who believed in God and at religion as a whole.

In my 20s I travelled across Russia and the ex-USSR seeking something that would give my life meaning and it wasn't until I saw this painting during my stay in Saint Petersburg that I started questioning my atheism. The same year I returned to my hometown and, one one of those cold november nights after spending the whole day strolling around the town aimlessly I ended up in front of a church.
With the main square being almost completely deserted I stood there in silence and stared at the golden domes and the cross while snow fell all around me. Sounds cliche, I know, but I really did feel a connection with God and it has been present in me since then.
I bought the Bible the next day.

Attached: 99a5d94748479958479aea707b9e24c2.jpg (1280x1000, 946K)

>Ugh, like life is so deep and mysterious bro. There's something out there that *hits bong* *ahuh ahah* keeps us going *erherm*

Attached: 1526963854124.jpg (1348x812, 168K)

jung unironically caused mentally ill neonazi, retard

There is no meaning, There is no free will, You're a slave to an instinct that tells you to survive, for no other reason than to survive

Inaction breeds nihilism.

>How do you find meaning, user?
I guess being happy and positive helps, what is that thing that you hope to achieve? even if it looks like a dream? who are the people that you truly care about and love the most? what makes you happy? etc. etc.
ask yourself all these questions and really think about it
>What thoughts have you sowed?
I care about my family and friends. I care about God. I like being alive, the fact that I am a conscious human being able to notice all these things, about life, spirituality, the universe, God, etc. makes me appreciate life even more

I want children. Family, education and providing for the ones you love is one way, I think.
Also, I have an absurdly long term dream that is a bit mad and useless. I want to see humanity in space. I just want our species to survive beyond materialistic needs and violence. I want them to spread like a cancer in the void, just to flex on the universe for creating us.

Attached: 0eHMzqZ.jpg (700x627, 104K)

Why do you want to live? Why do you want to keep forcing yourself to suffer everyday for 80 years just so you can die off in a socially acceptable way? I'd rather do what I want for until I can't and than kill myself rather than force myself to become a slave and admit defeat to this disgusting world and the toxic shit that it spews

If I die nobody will be around to walk my dog

Because most people in the west have A+ lives even with muh first world problems

Also, two years ago I came to the conclusion that my life would just be a collection of experiences. Nothing more, nothing less.
I will experience, learn, grow and become stronger until the day I die. That's all.

cope

Humans are born to live. From the moment you are thrown into the universe, you breathe, eat, drink, procreate. It is what we do as living organisms. But why would one procreate, let alone find a reason to stay alive, without something to stay alive for?

Humans don't stay alive for the sake of survival, but rather for the things that bring purpose; religion, art, music, love. In an endless oblivion of darkness and space, humans are the only species primitive enough to care. The best things in life will always end in conflict, that is why humans are primitive. Fuck this planet, it is a piece of shit.

I think you're a bit lost buddy
Life is a beautiful thing

The only period of my life I have actually suffered was when I spent most of my life alone by the computer. The problem with a hedonistic lifestyle is that it's too fleeting. You're not taking everything into account

It doesn't even require a religion to back it up. It's just a feeling of one way of living being better than another and then acting on it.

Attached: quote-meaning-makes-a-great-many-things-endurable-per-haps-everything-carl-jung-82-30-86.jpg (850x400, 64K)

From what social caste are you from ? Low, middle, middle + or rich ?

Life is constant suffering, misery and despair. And if it all is truly meaningless than why take part in it? There is nothing good about life, its all a big mistake

By reading Bhagavad Gita every weekend. It has prepared me to do my duty. I'm so fucking reading to perform my Sva-Dharma in the upcoming Dharma Yudha bros.

I don't understand, but if that makes you happy, go for it.

life is not meaningless or suffering, life is a beautiful thing full of meaning
how could you say such things?

Get real, the only reason for life is the instinct in your head that tells you to stay alive, for no other reason than just surviving. There is no god, there is no purpose, there is no ultimate goal that youre going for, You get thrown into this world and forced to work your ass off just so you can earn a living wage and do so for 80 years until you finally get to rest.

>Get real, the only reason for life is the instinct in your head that tells you to stay alive, for no other reason than just surviving.
That's too simplistic considering even tribal life was complex and now in the modern world it actually takes some navigation to find a nice spot for yourself. Noone wants to be a fucking loser suffering away in mom's basement and trying to get away from that is meaningful and even removes most of the suffering.

Hi pajeet

Bhagvad Gita is a philosophical treatise, part of Hindu epic Mahabharata. It is a dialogue between Lord Krishna and his disciple King Arjuna. It covers broad topics relating to morality and ethics, duty to self and the other, religious stuff among other things. It's honestly the best text about call for action when you have to face great social upheavals but isn't at all utilitarian cuck garbage that the West preaches. Really great work desu.

>just surviving
You can do that like any animal, or you can get into society and be a part of something bigger than you.
>There is no god, there is no purpose, there is no ultimate goal that youre going for
true, but it doesn't have to be bad. You are free to give yourself meaning. You can choose.
>You get thrown into this world and forced to work your ass off just so you can earn a living wage and do so for 80 years until you finally get to rest.
That's a pessimistic view, bit I see where you're coming from. But nothing is free or just in this world. You have to fight a bit for it and there's always losers. That's horrible and unfair, but what can I do ? Don't you have a dream ?

>That's too simplistic considering even tribal life was complex and now in the modern world it actually takes some navigation to find a nice spot for yourself
It may be like that in comfy Sweden but here everything is fucking terrible and I'm stuck here with no way to get out. There is no way to find a "nice spot" for yourself, Most people really suffer at their jobs, and most people are broken, They are surrounded by other people who suffer, I for example have divorced parents and a dad that used to abuse me mentally, my mom also suffers from depression and my uncle is a schizo who harms himself, Now tell me where is the happiness in here? Why would I want to keep going? I never asked for any of this, I never asked for this shitty existence I wish I was never born, Life is constant suffering. Wish I had the balls to kill myself but that fucking instinct won't let me, If I could I would end my life at this moment

I find meaning in the emptiness of all phenomenon. It gives me solace that nothing is fixed or inherent

If you can recognize what's wrong you can also recognize what's right. Nothing about Sweden is comfy, people have no idea how to live and it gives me a sense of meaning to do it better.

Middle class probably. My parents own a few power tool stores and I write for a newspaper.

>jungian
Biggest shorthand to tell someone is a retard

Meaning is a state of mind, and I find that enabling myself to change my mind is meaningful, as it enables me to adapt better, instead of stagnating into some disgusting parody of a well lived life.
*takes rip from bong*

Well changing your mind is pointless if it never represents a real lifestyle

"Lifestyle" means what to you exactly?

this desu

Attached: 1549770093682.jpg (366x626, 25K)

The way you live. If you're just changing what you find meaningful all the time how can you achieve anything?

t. hegelfag

I dont
I drink and chase women all weekend so I dont have time to think about shit like that

Carl Jung says he knows god exists

Jordan Peterson is deeply religious but a miserable and depressed intellectual. He's very open about depression.

I despise Jung, Psychologists and intellectuals. They know nothing but act if they know something profound or they have somewhat of an inflated ego just like any human being.

I can't take anyone seriously if they believe in god or if they deny the existence of advanced extraterrestrials.

You find a meaning through living. You don't come out of the womb with some sort of destiny or fate. There isn't much to it.

Destiny is just the opposite of freedom; that is its implication. Destiny means you are a born slave. Even before you were born your stamp of slavery was completely sealed; you were finished before you were born. That's the meaning of destiny as far as implication is concerned. In fact you were never born, because before birth death had happened; that is your destiny. You are programmed.

I don't only do things that require 10+ years of concerted effort. A lot of life is just managing your expectations and reevaluating your efforts. I didn't say that I throw a dice, I'm just interested in not stagnating. The core things tend to change more slowly and more rarely. Such as my belief in a welfare state, a defensive military force and democracy. But as with anything, values can change. If you let them.

Can you give a few examples of how you actually live out your beliefs?

Probably not to your satisfaction. But I honestly don't care. I still don't understand what you mean by lifestyle, there is no "way you live"-slider. You can be rigid or you can be flexible. That's it, svante.

> there is no "way you live"-slider. You can be rigid or you can be flexible.
There's still going to be some sort of pattern to the things you strive for. You don't change everything overnight. Maybe you find it meaningful to spend time in nature, maybe you want to be a soldier or maybe you're religious. Those are three simple examples of lfiestyles that you can't possibly change every other day.

m'lady

Thanks for the examples. For me, I try to be conscious of where my food comes from, and choose local farmers and vendors when I can. This is because self sufficiency is important to me, and because I am opposed to long-distance food.
I try to be understanding to my gf and her needs but also respect my own. Striking a balance is important to me in most interaction. Some times that equilibrium comes at a disadvantage, like when I feel somebody is indecisive or obstructive, I may choose to be more direct and forceful.
In general I just try not to let myself "decide" what's right. Because I don't think there's anything really permanent or objective about human behavior.

Attached: images.jpeg-35.jpg (807x380, 37K)

see the overall course of humanity it's just fascinating see people fighting against each other just for one idea

Attached: 1555618489678s.jpg (125x78, 2K)

based
life is meaningless, it's up to you to make your own meaning
people that need to be spoonfed grand narratives about life always end up being tyrants with their own agendas

Attached: garfief.jpg (1080x1307, 196K)

>How so you find meaning?
If you have to find meaning to live then you're a subhuman who hasn't aged mentally past 16 years old, accept the absurd and live it

Attached: images.jpeg-36.jpg (456x323, 37K)

Friends, family, helping my community and the environment (I should do more though, I only do this a few times a year), my work (high school teaching, very rewarding), occasionally hooking up with a nice person and most of all traveling.

In traveling I meet many new people with interesting ideas, have time to experience history through interacting in the same spaces those people did, experience new things (weather, nature, food, nightlife, people) and it gives me time to myself to digest these experiences and how I fit into the world. It's a rewarding thing and I enjoy it. But the more I go on, the more unsure exactly where I fit into the world. I enjoy all of these things and perhaps I could keep doing them. But as I get older I think my desires for new experiences are becoming slightly more extreme. I kind of think I might end up becoming a war journalist, which scares me, but may be the logical end to my search for human experiences.

Attached: 1488967587786.jpg (1440x900, 46K)

Attached: DrManhatten.jpg (491x750, 165K)

Is there anyone more overrated than Jung?

Dr Jordan b Peterson.

the hole of india would lose if they debated Professor and Doctor Peterson, no question about that. You simply cannot grasp the DEPTH of his analysis. The individual. Think about that for a second, and don't hesitate to contact me on facebook group call room cleaner squad EU. Have a nice day, and dont forget to question. dont forget the logos.

Attached: 1547840190023.jpg (257x529, 25K)

Lost and miserable. Kinda feel like im in hell, or getting there.
Its not like there is no meaning to life - there is. Its just that i find it difficult to act - avolition is a terrible thing, born out of years of neglect, abuse and dissociation. If i can overcome that, well, im sure there will be something to care.
See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs
Mine is incomplete starting from the second lowest.

Yes, how do I find meaning? I'm not good at anything.

I have always been opposed to idealism and unable to grasp intellectual concepts. Indeed, at one time I found myself in the position of an intellectual of sorts simply through my love of writing, and made a complete and inadvertent mockery of the intellectual topics that I was supposed to be grappling with at the time in an essay I was commisioned to write. Even though no trace of that article exists anywhere today, I have never been able to forgive myself for writing it, which I still find odd, given that all I have ever cared about is gratifying my base desires. It must be simply the public humiliation of it that gets to me, though I have found it hard to read and write on such topics ever since. I will never, ever recover from my brush with the world of ideas. In fact, I believe the experience gave me PTSD. Was it Keats who wrote that a little learning is a dangerous thing? Bang on, as they say!

through a long-period suffering.
meanings must be something about oneself, no answers can be found outside.

through Jung.

Attached: CGJung.jpg (250x375, 18K)

Finna punch god in the face that is how.

There is no inherent meaning. We're meat machines on a ball of rock, going through the motions governed by electrical impulses managed by flow of chemicals built from an insanely long jumble of chemical "letters". So I just try to make the existence of my fellow meat machines an easy one