Is it true Americans don't know how to write in cursive anymore?

Attached: cursive-handwriting-sample-paragraph.jpg (674x768, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docdroid.net/oxwk/theory-of-the-spencerian-method-of-papractical-penmanship-and-five-copybooks.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's slowly dying out, but everyone knows how to read it but hardly anyone writes in cursive anymore.

I don't think you understand how unreadable most cursive is.

I found a note from grandpa that was written in the 40s a few years ago. It was like trying to read a foreign language

Dunno about Americans but I cannot write in cursive. Kind of regret not sticking with it because now I don't have a proper signature. I just write my name in block letters.

who the hell reads or writes in cursive? it's just normal print except completely illegible. If cursive was so good, why is 99.9999% of the internet in normal print font?

Cursive should just be replaced with something like this

Attached: Screenshot (320).png (932x401, 47K)

>Dunno about Americans but I cannot write in cursive. Kind of regret not sticking with it because now I don't have a proper signature. I just write my name in block letters.

Kek. Might as well scratch a big X at the signature, like illiterates user.

It's an art.

Something about cursive writing, analog clocks and even simply figuring out their own genders just baffles and confuses the 'Zoomer.'

Attached: Z.png (850x550, 350K)

I cannot believe what I'm reading in this thread. How the fuck can you guys be the first economic power in the world? I swear, the New World is cursed

Seething over retarded bullshit. Just neck yourself with mom's spaghet.

I just tried writing out "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" on a piece of paper to test how good my cursive skills were. They're ok except I kind of forgot how Q is supposed to look.

>let me tell you about your country

kek

Wiring in cursive is faster and it looks better, but they don't use it anymore for some bullshit reason

>Our country hasn't been relevant in 2000 years
>But CURSIVE!!!
This is a big cope

There's no reason or need to write in a script that wildly varies between writers from fancy and beautiful to illegible scribbles that need a forensic graphologist to decipher when you can just write in regular script. It has no value whatsoever beyond a vain attempt at pretending to be high class through replicating 15th century calligraphy.

Quite possibly the most useless thing ever taught in school.

lmao who even needs to write on paper anymore? it's all on computers anyway
get over it boomers

When typewriters first appeared in the late 19th century, they were not well received by many and a typewritten message was actually considered insulting compared to a handwritten one.

Well I learned cursive in the 3rd grade in 1997 and they definitely had computers at that time.

I haven't written anything on pen and paper for a few months now

I'm a millennial and I learned it in school, but most people my age write in either print or a combination of print and cursive. Most boomers and very old people write in cursive or a mix of cursive and print.

Because writing in cursive is easier and faster.

I normally just write in print because it's more legible.

I can sign my name, that is all I remember.

>Jow Forums cursive thread
>not starting it with the elephant in the room (Russian cursive)

Attached: russian cursive.jpg (700x525, 234K)

Attached: make it stop.jpg (527x300, 33K)

What specifically you don't understand here?

Did the zoomers here have to do cursive in elementary school?

What the fuck is a zoomer?

If I see someone not writing in cursive I assume them to be stupid

In Russia most of works in schools still done in handwritings, including lot of texts in Russain language and Literature. And cursive is the first thing to learn in elementary schools.

Reminder that only plebs don't write in cursive

Why are gen X so terrible at parenting?

Lilii is quite easy to read desu

Rate my handwriting. 18yo.

Attached: 20190329_164045.jpg (4032x2268, 2.38M)

A Reddit meme.

lol

0/10 because you didn't take the 5 seconds to flip it.

Start with the classics
docdroid.net/oxwk/theory-of-the-spencerian-method-of-papractical-penmanship-and-five-copybooks.pdf

>I just write my name in block letters.
This is literally retard tier, no offence

Because they don’t give a fuck.

I can't imagine trying to write in not cursive. How you do it?

I've written exclusively in cursive since I first learned it in the 3rd grade

Hopefully you're not that lazy at work.

Attached: 1557173432305.jpg (2268x4032, 1.83M)

How they published books before?

You wrote manuscripts by hand. How else?

This
Like when you fill up official forms or something and you have to write in block letters it takes fucking ages to write and looks aweful

9/10, it's very clean and neat., Almost reads like printed text

That's literally what manuscript means, in case you're a latinlet.

bit ugly but readable mainly, your pen is running low on ink

Jesus. Karamazov wrote by hand? His tendons must have burst.

The early typewriters couldn't display lowercase letters so that was one reason.

Attached: 66f.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

I really don't know how to write in block letters fast.

Yes, people, and War and Peace was also written by hand.

It's pencil.

Seeing this retardation makes me want to write in cursive more. It's literally not that hard like wtf.

For me is the exactly opposite. We don't learn block writing here.

>I don't write at all, typing is the way.

Attached: 1556468216394.jpg (477x599, 38K)

Cursive looks like Arabic to me

Cursive is falling out of popularity, personally I detest cursive because people stylize their cursive and it makes it very difficult to read.

Fucking how? I can’t write full sentences in cursive but at the very fucking least I can write my name is basic fucking cursive

chad as fuck lol

do europeans actually write in cursive still?

we just have our own style of handwriting we develop in school, like said we can still read it well

People write however the fuck they want.

based and redpilled

all the german guys I know have literal engineer handwriting aka chicken scratch but the girls have really pretty handwriting, that's my only connection with european handwriting

Correct. Girls have good handwriting, boys have bad handwriting. That's how it is and how it always will be. I'm an engineer, so I have engineer handwriting.

thänk yöü norwegian user

everyone right cursive here and i have a hard time to read those

france is gay so

Who the fuck writes at all in 2019?

Fuck me man, Im going to study in the US in September and I pretty much only write cursive, my handwriting is really slow in block script. Can you guys still read it at least?

extremely based. don't listen to the cursive virgins
they are just jelly of the block letter chads

no u

Attached: 1541700668742.jpg (703x675, 53K)

Attached: laugh.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Well your post is the proof how retarded you are. I can't believe you are Italian. Are you a hohol? It is usually 3rd worlders who brag about their expertise in obsolete skills that are no longer needed. We prepare to land on Mars and you are still honing your cursive skills. Come on

No. In America we are taught only pic related

Attached: gregg shorthand - alice.png (446x596, 369K)

yes, it's easy to read as long as you're above the age of 10.
have fun studying in USA, i'm going to study in germany soon :D

Well, I'm not American but close enough, and I do. We were taught in school.

>thanking norwegian
>finnish/swedish umlauts

well post a sample then

fuck off brother i don't have a norwegian keyboard, it's a german one

Picrel, much prefer my printing though.

Attached: 20190506_170906.jpg (281x499, 14K)

My handwriting is pretty bad to begin with but professors usually dont have an issue to read it

Attached: IMG_20190507_011010_compress_2.jpg (1500x2000, 284K)

I can' write the following in cursive
log lim Im Re

Well I can read that but with some difficulty.
I still didn't get the word after 420 no????
Why does your K look like )( lel
Yeah you'll be fine those profs are good at reading all kinds of handwritings.

Why do you write your uppercase G like an L? See for a proper G.

noscope

I don't think he was taught properly, or maybe he just forgot and tried to guess how to write some letters.

wow Americans are really retarded

i know it

Attached: 1550707922349.png (453x801, 482K)

from now on you should just write a cross I'll take less time

when you bandy "le americans dum" around for something as innocuous as "fewer kids are taught cursive as it is no longer deemed useful" it kind of takes the power away from it

alright cheers man. Its just how Ive been taught, didnt know there were differences in cursive lol

It just looks that way because there are no lines, upper case G goes like half under the line while L doesnt

Soon you'll stop teaching kids how to write "because it's no longer useful, just type on the computer".

I usually can't tell what I wrote when I try to read it later

Attached: 1552910692329.jpg (932x747, 178K)

I only write in cursive

>It just looks that way because there are no lines, upper case G goes like half under the line while L doesnt
Are you pranking me? G looks like this:

Attached: 20190506_173005.jpg (281x499, 9K)

wtf

probably not.