Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail?

Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail?

Attached: B24lHbMCIAEVPUl.jpg (1000x669, 74K)

Because they cowards

Infrastructure cost. Texas was considering one between Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio but the budget would have been too high.

not dense enough to justify costs

because high speed rail will operate at a loss

East Coast could do it desu

>tfw can finally fuck bitches from nyc and florida all in a matter of hours

BECAUSE AMERICANS ARE FAT AND STUPID

Because Highways and rivers are a thing

Americans despise things that Plprofit others more than themselves.
>If they have to pay for it

A non meme answer would be teamseters Unions and other groups (car dudes) politicking against it.

whats the point for them it's cheaper to buy gas

Some nations have those AND railways. Sadly shit is getting privatised to hell here. I blame American capitalist influence.

People unwilling to spend more on taxes, extremely inefficient government, poor people that make public transport dangerous and undesirable, low population density, bad engineering and maintenance practices, etc.

It’s cheaper and more convenient to drive or fly everywhere. Also the infrastructure needed to establish a network would cost some astronomically high amount of money we really don’t have.

GM lobbyists

Attached: luigis anger and fist.jpg (544x266, 15K)

>politicians pander to unions for votes
>public transport system is unsustainable and could go bankrupt
>no choice but privatization
>blame americans
wut

That's communism.

Legit because of the oil industry
But New England+New York has really developped their train lines.

NIMBYs, density, and the fact that no politician wants to be the one on the hook for a milti-billion dollar proposal

shame too, I would love affordable high-speed rail in places like Atlantic America or SoCal

Fuck off having roads connecting us to North Carolina and Maryland is bad enough

We have the largest road network of any country, all of it's free to use. Why bother building up a new rail system instead of improving existing infrastructure.

not if we charge people to ride it

That literally didn't happen.

Elon Musk, if you're reading this please build a high speed rail network in America. K thx bye

Why japan no apologize for rape of Nanking and rape of innocent korean women? Japan worse than dogs they eat!

they rather build a magic wall pal

FUCK OFF

be quiet. if we left there would be nobody to participate in your little thread

Werrl, It worked better and now the the government has to step in and had to wag the Finger that they have to do better sind ethey own majority shares.
They did not have The balls to completely privatise and public transport is a notorious money sink. Why not just privatise just the we running foreign railways Department they have and Support public Transport as everyone Profits from it. Epspecially businesses. Our roads are stuffed with LKW whose loads could be, to a degree shifted there.
We dont have as much space as you guys for giga Highways.

私はクソ地面にあなたの家を燃やすよ愚かなクソニップあなたをファック。

>"nip" poster asks a question to the US
>the US answers
>FUCK OF GAIJIN
You stupid zipperhead tojo fucks really need to fucking loosen up.

Because railways were not built back then for the wrong reason. Better trains would seriously help your Big Population Clusters. Ask any urbanite of those regions about the hellish commute.
If questions arise how to do it, ask The japanese they are good at dealings with space constraints.

wow………you mad?

I'm not the one trying to tell an entire thread to Fuck off, Satou-chan.

East coast does it actually.

Attached: acela.jpg (1022x615, 173K)

those are slow as shit. we are talking about maglev trains

eh the usa is also one of the largest countries lol

if we go by road density we are much higher. you only have 10x as many km as we do despite your country being 20x as large, going by highway km you are doing even worse

so we have a higher road density and a better rail network

you know how magnets work?

i came up with an idea once to have large magnets repel each other and have a translucent city constructed on top of the upper level magnet. A space elevator would connect the Earthlings from the Magneticians.

I swear one of you fucks stole my idea and just tweaked it to move people and cargo. Fuck you.

>a country one twentieth the size of the US not split down the middle by two mountain ranges has a more dense road network
wow no fuckin way
the US has still has larger road network than larger countries like Russia and China btw

because bus are muster race

Attached: planes-trains-cars-buses-fuel-efficiency.png (450x386, 10K)

If you use a bus in my area (Seattle) you are tripling your commute time unless you are staying in the city. Buses suck.