/lang/ - Language Learning General

>What language(s) are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!
>Make frens!

Read this shit some damn time:
4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/The_Official_Jow Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Totally not a virus, but rather, lots of free books on languages!:
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

Check this pastebin for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides:
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
FAQ U:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Read the damn wiki
>Should I learn lang Y so I can learn lang X?
No
>What is the most useful language?
Scots Swedish
>What language should I learn?
Middle Peruvian

Old thread Old challenge >>please make one

Attached: C2 fluency.png (821x365, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7FztiCcvl0
intercat.cat/en/eines-aprendre-catala.jsp
youtube.com/watch?v=flJyOiGDIUg
aiatsis.gov.au/
australianlanguages.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ciao, altri studianti d'italiano

For the Spanish/Catalonian person helping me out in the last thread.

real scriptorium hours
youtube.com/watch?v=z7FztiCcvl0

Attached: 618.png (839x657, 39K)

vivamus, mea /lang/ia, atque amemus.

Ciao amico

This is a very nice channel

shitpostsque senum severiorum
omnes unius aestimemus assis!

I posted this idk if you saw it:

I have this, its an open course managed from universities here.
www.parla.cat/
also this
intercat.cat/en/eines-aprendre-catala.jsp

By the way it's catalan not catalonian.

The anxiety meds kicked in time to kick it into maximum overdrive

Attached: miho shell dodging.gif (300x276, 190K)

Real nigga hours bump

Attached: bandera_anime.jpg (1280x853, 287K)

What i get if i mix kajkavian and shtokavian?

my wife chino... I WANT TO FUCK CHINO
please chino is so cute my wife chino is so cute chino chan sex chino sex with chino i'd like some more kafuu chino sex with chino kafuu chino my wife cute is so chino wife

>all the recommended resources are online shit
I just want to download some fucking offline resources. Have PDF files just vanished from the internet in the last few years? Have people forgotten they exist?
Fucking hell, I don't want to sit through some websites slow-ass animations and loading times while it showers me with exp points and achievements because apparently that's necessary to keep modern bugmen's attention.

did you look in the mega, grampa?

Actually read the OP. It has more than one link to resources. I recommend the torrent link /t/ and just grabbing one of the huge packs, they're full of pdfs and traditional programs.

Must have missed that.
That repo would be a lot easier to navigate if it was just ordered by countries instead of language categories though.

My earlier complaint wasn't just about the wiki here though. It seems literally everywhere you got nowadays people just recommend shitty websites like that.
Want to learn a language? Just use Duolingo.
Want to learn a programming language? Just use this other shitty online guide.
Jow Forums is usually better in that regard so I'm glad I was proven wrong here.

I'd rather not torrent. Many ISPs don't like it even if you only torrent perfectly legal stuff and I don't have a VPN.

Old challenge
2019-03-14
Easy:
> They don't know where you are.
> I like to play the piano.
> She is from Poland.
> What do you think about me?
> The bear is big and fluffy.

Medium:
> I'll see you in the city centre.
> He met her in Athens last year.
> If you touch it, it will bite you.
> They didn't call him "Desert Fox" for nothing.
> I would have helped you, but I was tired.

Hard:
> They didn't know where Corsica was, which struck me as odd for a group of Frenchmen.
> The medieval republic of Venice acquired most of its income from trade.
> She didn't touch the food with her hands but instead raised it to her lips with a small, golden, elegant fork.

>It seems literally everywhere you got nowadays people just recommend shitty websites like that.
Yeah it's really sad. This is one of the few websites where people will tell you to go read a book and actually study if you want to learn something, or at least suggest an alternative to traditional book learning that isn't a shitty app.
There's another persuasive problem on many sites like Reddit that ties into it as well where people enable laziness.
>no you don't have to actually study sweetie just use this website it's like a game:)

*persuasive
Pervasive, big oof

I just want a hangul flash card deck that isn't full of crackly shit audio.
Why is this such a hard thing to find?

>I don't like it because the normalfags like it
There's nothing wrong with using apps as long as they're not your only resource.

Hope you two were able to see my correction, if not here it is

Good morning lads

L'ho visto, grazie

bump page 8

Adding on to my conlang shiet from previous thread.
Omo (also called Umu) is a Tigir-Rodinic language (distantly related to Pyanachi, Phoebean, Pizil, Peszal Kimen and Orretian). However, unlike those languages, which use nominative-accusative or tripartite alignment (except for Orretian which uses Austronesian alignment), Omo uses an archaic alignment called direct-inverse.
Masculine and feminine nouns or pronominals, and first-person pronominals, when at the agent position of a sentence, assume the direct case.
e.g. tía sterḣód-ō té stérbe.
1.sg.direct. drink-1.sg.prs.ind. art.def. soup-sg.
When a neuter noun (like stérbe) is the agent of the sentence, then the INVERSE case is used.
tú stérb-ug ebé sterḣodħė́ món ā́.
def.art.inverse. soup-n.sg.inverse. be-3.sg.pst.ind. drink-inf. from-prep. 1.sg.dat.

Basically, it's marked nominative, except that the nominative has two cases, one for masculine/feminine pronouns, nouns and 1st- and 2nd-person nouns, while the neuter gender has its own case.

Learn an Australian language, they are meant to be extinct by 2050.

I would, but I feel afraid I'll forget it after a year

I want a big rice dick fucking my non-existent GF
t. Every Korean learner

an abbo language?

I literally just want to play their video games user.

Lol do Korean video games even exist? they all drool over western games like overwatch anyways

Are you joking? Like 90% of all MMORPGs ever created at Korean grind-a-thons to the point where gold farming is a federal crime in the country.

oi m8 throw anutha shrimp on the barbie m88

彼らはあなたに所は分かりません

Zagreb dialect

>Pagina otto

I can't choose what language to learn because I like them all

Attached: zoKQL0Q.jpg (720x736, 89K)

roll a die faggot

>that feel when bitch niggas on Jow Forums dont want to accept the fact that in order to learn catalan you need to know spanish first since there are no resources for english speakers

Choose russian! It is very fun!

Russian is misery. I live in fucking Ukraine and it doesn't make learning it any easier.

I'm just going to have to make myself do a few lessons on Duo or Memrise every day and just stick with it as long as possible. Maybe eventually it'll be fun. But my friends from Russia say even the people who serve in your congress don't always speak the language well if they're from Siberia or the Caucuses.

>Ukraine and it doesn't make learning it any easier.
Well, of course, they want to ban Russian language.

Either learn the language of your ancestors or learn the language of a place you want to move to

For obvious reasons, but where I live 99% of people speak Russian exclusively.

Is that DNR?

Bro, the entire southern half of the country speaks Russian exclusively. Unless Kiev gives the Russian half a really good economic incentive to switch they won't. From Belarus to Crimea to Odessa it is 100% Russian.

hmm, so do you mean, It is LNR?

I'm not in a contested territory and I have no reason to be. I'm a fat retarded American living inexpensively off crypto in foreign countries because I can and I want to.

stop being fat

I can't help it. I eat all the borscht and pelmeni I want.

Living the dream brother. I kick myself everytime for writing off bitcoin when it was £6 a coin.

It may be too late to catch the Bitcoin moon, but it's never too late for the вapeники token moon.

Attached: vareniki-9.jpg (1024x683, 204K)

Russian Friend, what is a classic piece of Russian literature that could be read and understood by an young elementary student?

Tolstoy had children's stories and even his great works are written simply. He has a repetitive style so I think he might actually be pretty good for your purpose

cпacибa

What is easy language dor enflish petson to pra4n? Thankd.

Which language(s) would I benefit most from when it comes to working in IT? I got myself a bachelors degree in system and network engineering only to realize that it is not in fact what I'm looking for in life. But to not make it entirely go to waste I'm looking for a way to combine it with languages, as I've been told that being bilingual/a polyglot can help a lot

Attached: 1498899441958.jpg (657x527, 53K)

English and only English.

Thanks, these look pretty good actually. I appreciate your help!

My bad for the Catalan mistake.

Hindi

If you're working for an Indian or Chinese company doing standard dev you're going to be making less than any company doing work in the west. MAYBE German, MAYBE Swedish, but they speak English anyways. Find your job first and they'll teach you after they move you.

Wait what is this advanced meme arrows? what I posted is in english isn't it?

Most the big dogs in IT are Indian or Indian owned. Knowing their language will help you make some pretty good connections.

where the fuck would one even learn something like that

Indians are all shit fucking programmers and it's not worth any amount of money to deal with them and their shit currynigger code.

Ok brainlet

Attached: 104442717-GettyImages-675949836.jpg (1400x950, 136K)

Hindi is just one of the 22 official languages of India. Just because there are Pajeets in IT doesn't mean they will speak Hindi. Just saying.

Right, Kannada is probably more relevant in terms of IT since lots of the IT companies and people are from Karnataka

I would assume there are revitalization efforts which produce some learning material for abbos who have "lost their language", but it's probably not readily available. Dedicated people could probably find books and the like, but in any case even the largest abbo languages only have a few thousand speakers. Unless one's a social anthropologist or something, I don't really see the point of learning an Aboriginal language tbqh.

Enjoy a preview of Family Guy in German

youtube.com/watch?v=flJyOiGDIUg

I'm just gonna repost what I did in the last thread

Easy:
あなたのどこは知らない。
ピアノを弾くのは好きです。
彼女はポーランドの出身です。(彼女って不自然ですか。いつか恋人って意味じゃないか)
私には、どう思うか。
この熊は大きくてふわふわとするね。
Medium:
中心の首都で見よう。
去年、アテネに集合した。(多分悪いです)
触らば、かまれるよ。
手伝ったら、でも疲れちゃった。
Hard:
どこのCorsicaは知らないが、フランス人であったからおかしいと思った。

*salva il filo*

*benedicit filum*

Tell me about your day in your language

What languages are currently growing?

English, Chinamen, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, and Portuguese.

/שלום /לאנג

What would you guys choose (and would never choose) from these options?
>Chinese
>French
>German
>Greek
>Japanese
>Latin
>Russian
>Spanish
I'm leaning either German or Chinese.

I would never choose French, the rest is OK

Learning a language is the hardest thing I've ever done, period, in that I have been in various stages of language learning since I was about 12 and have never successfully become conversation in anything I've poked at. I took Spanish 2 four times in college because I held the language in such utter contempt.

There is no path to learning a language unless you are truly committed to -daily- practice, without days off, no matter what circumstance, and you have to enjoy doing it. If you hate learning languages by books, you have to enjoy it because of whatever medium you ingest, or you just have to love learning languages.

Asking really fucking wrong questions.

aiatsis.gov.au/
australianlanguages.wordpress.com/

Ok

Pick whichever one you want because a bunch of autistic strangers will NEVER know better what language to learn better than yourself
Also French and Japanese, respectively obviously

Brazilian portuguese > all.

>>Chinese
no
>>French
yes
>>German
no
>>Greek
no
>>Japanese
no
>>Latin
yes
>>Russian
no
>>Spanish
yes
>

pls correct my exercises in the last thread חבר

Would never pick Chinese because I can't stand the people speaking it, maybe also French for the same reasons, and Latin because it's ded. Rest are okay.

Har varit r1 stressigt favä. Mycket att ta tag i och det dröjer ett tag till innan jag är hemma. Topp drygt.

death to Jow Forums

Attached: not me btw.png (1198x527, 47K)

What the fuck

>あなたのどこは知らない
I don't really know what you were trying to say here. If you translated that literally, it would sound like "(They) don't know your where". Perhaps you meant to say とこ instead of どこ? It would still be wrong grammatically, but make slightly more sense. A better way to write that sentence would be ”(彼らは)あなたがどこにいるのかは知らない”
>彼女って不自然ですか。いつか恋人って意味じゃないか
場合によって恋人という意味も表すんじゃないか would be more correct. The use of いつか is wrong here as it means "sometime" and not "occasionally/sometimes". Also 彼女 is fine in this context.
>私には、どう思うか。
私のことをどう思うか would be correct. Never use に with 思う, unless the に is forming an adverb.
>中心の首都で見よう。
都市の中心で会おう。首都 means "capital city". A bit of misinterpretation regarding the grammatical purpose of の here, that's quite a beginner mistake so I'd watch out for that.
>去年、アテネに集合した
集合 isn't really used that way, it's more reserved for group meetings and gatherings. 出会い is more accurate. Also since アテネ is the place of an action in this context you would use で not に.
>手伝ったら、でも疲れちゃった。
疲れなかったら, あなたを手伝った。Third conditional is pretty hard.
>どこのCorsicaは知らないが、フランス人であったからおかしいと思った。
フランス人なのにコルシカがどこにあるのかは知らないということは中々おかしいと思った。
The "フランス人であったからおかしいと思った" part actually sounds fine, but the first part of the sentence has no coherence.

I've always wanted to make my own language but I figured I'm not autismo enough.
Also why does every made up language need to have absurd agglutination and dots on top of words

>polysynthentic
yuck

Θα διάλεγα Ελληνιkά desu

>Medium
>fdnjdnfusdbucdincisnuidjnciunsiunudinciusdni

Attached: disgusted patrick.jpg (400x400, 24K)

paga savan

When have you used Greek in your daily life?