China US trade war

How is this going to play out?
bbc.com/news/business-48210313

Attached: BEBAB65F-1DE1-48B2-A616-CC6927DC0469.jpg (1221x775, 146K)

>US raises tariffs on $200bn of Chinese goods

Both sides suffer like last time, but the person who suffers less "wins"

nothing happened last time though

Our soy bean market collapsed apprently

>raise tariffs (again)
>U.S. importers pass the costs onto American consumers (again)
>orange man claims China is paying for it (again)

Only difference now is companies would have to start downsizing to keep up. Americows have completely forgotten how supply chains work.

Attached: Sab.gif (540x328, 1.08M)

Can't wait to start buying from China when the US decides to cut its international trade

>start buying
where have you been for the last 25 years

America will win by losing.

Attached: justin-trudeau-1-1.png (780x585, 601K)

China and American consumers lose.

?? It's extremely expensive for China to ship to Europe. Let alone Sweden which has shipping (both sea and land). Most Swedish stuff probably comes from Germany and other EU countries.

I only buy products made in Western countries

American goods are expensive as fuck, moreover China is becoming more technologically advanced. I think America is just trying to fuck China up by closing down China's source of income and eventually have the country be eaten by debts and not commit to mega projects like Belt and Road.

Everything here has been made in China since the 90s I just assumed that it was the same in Europe

Western countries don't make the parts for 90% of the shit people own. How are you even accessing Jow Forums, magic Viking runes?

throwing a farewell tantrum and trying to fuck over newcomers is not a good strategy for a country that is set to gradually lose its power relative to the rest of the world

it will set the standards, rising economies instead of serching common opportunities would treat US with assumption of hostility

t. common sense

Blows my mind to see western countries want to stop the new silk road project. It would open up global trade and travel unlike anything before.

because it would shift all of the money away from America, reguardless if it makes more from it. We'd be getting a smaller piece of the pie although the pie has grown substantially to where our smaller piece % is physically larger than our large piece of the old pie.

Sorry I lied, I have some products from Japan and South Korea and I guess parts that would have been made in China but I do try to limit my Carbon Footprint as much as possible by buying local or thrifting in Sweden.

wow so basically america is rich because the rest of the world is poor and america is seething because china wants everyone else to not be destitute.

dont worry. buying local will be easier once AI manufacturing is sorted out. the problem will then be supply chain placement.

Yes your average American wouldn't experience a difference, we'd actually benefit but the government would severely shrink in it's ability to control others as other countries catch up on our GDP gap. Which means that they can swing their economic might around more and field larger and more advanced militaries than us. I think that the biggest fear though is that we'd be the ones locked out of the rich sphere and forced into cheap labor and manufacturing relatively to them.

You can also argue that as more countries become developed, our carbon footprint becomes larger.

human labor is increasingly becoming worthless. by the time belt and road is completed id imagine the scenario of america becoming a sweat shop is going to become unlikely.

like i said here, people will start manufacturing in their own regions once AI manufacturing becomes fully automated other than some industries which require unique access to some supply chain. Economic power is shifting to Asia in this scenario simply because of population and the scale of the market.

to add just look at ford, GM and other American car companies. a HUGE like 40% of their market is China. China is the largest automarket in the world many times larger than America. It just makes sense that these companies would focus on the larger market.

This makes me feel better tb h

Why you don't want America to be a sweat shop? There are many problems with this scenario as well you know? The average joe is going to be very very troubled in the next couple of decades. The statistics on how many jobs are immediately replaceable by AI is shocking.

But don't you think that when society has progressed that far that most countries will have an UBI? I can imagine the governments handing out necessity goods to all its citizens and then money will become less important.

Because our quality of life will go to shit if we reduce ourselves to cheap labor, and capitalism as we know it will have to adjust for automation. I expect the US to be one of the last to introduce welfare systems and we'll either suffer from it or put tons of regulations on American corporations to make them hire people.

>china wants everyone else to not be destitute.
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>1985 murrica
>oh shit japan is about to surpass us lets kill them and make china as our factory

>2015 murrica
>oh shit china is about to surpass us lets kill them

it removes the ability for the US to control the world financial system via corporations, the IMF and the world bank

imagine a world where everyone can just laugh off US sanctions, would be nice

Fuck the chinks, we have new business partners now.

Attached: 636029537249838956-America-and-Vietnam.jpg (3200x1680, 310K)

based, let's prop up another economy in SEA and take the money away from China

Dont care
Just nuke us already ffs china

yep. Canada is so stupid relying entirely on America. Albertards are dragging this country down. There are so many markets overseas. I wish we could sell more stuff overseas.

kys faggot

Attached: 1557337845188.gif (650x705, 38K)

It will just be stalemated but retarded Americans will go on about them winning.

Attached: cb7b7soc69x21.jpg (960x739, 153K)

kys

Going to be pretty shit for both China and USA
USA will win if and only if they actually set for a deal that's beneficial for USA
China wins if USA be like "so just buy our shitty Ford cars and planes that drop pls"
Both loses if it become a real war
Depends on what they settle on desu

UBI is really complicated. Can't get into the whole of it but its not going to solve those social issues. Look at Yang. Even at 1000/mo, which is still very controversial, he wants people to reinvest that money into themselves for the jobs of tomorrow and like no one can really say that everyone is going to becoming programmers. its really stupid. the average amerifat can barely do grade 9 math and the trivial programming shit is going to be automated. My friends work on machines that generate their own programming. I think the best form of work that won't be replaced with be medical care. Like nurses because even if there were a perfect AI nurse so to speak, it wouldn't necessarily be better than a human because humans like being cared for by other humans. But you'll have to convince millions of RED BLOODED AMERICANS to get into the service industry and yeah I don't think thats happening. So if we were to go under the UBI model of "government provides for people", you'd have a substantial decrease in standard of living. Not necessarily in the sense that people live in a shittier house, eat shittier food but in the sense that they have less economic freedom. So yeah it's not a silver bullet even if it were to work. I think UBI would be a step in the right direction though.

>ben garrison talking about xenophobia

oh my

We will win because we have a businessman doing our deals. Trump already knows Xi is a beta male asian masculinity crisis loser. He will expose that chink like the dog he is.

Attached: businessman.png (500x499, 331K)

I hope they settle a deal. I'm losing a lot of money because of this shit.
With the swedish crown down you're at a serious disadvantage.

How are you losing money? Forex?

Swedish Krona is good for Swedish exports so it benefits our companies but I guess the purchasing power of our population is pretty shit.

who ever lose europe win so its good

I exclusively buy products from the other side of the world, the further away the better. I want as big of a carbon footprint as possible, my carbon foot can trample all over your little footlet

Chinese will make angry noises, eventually both US and China will meet with both making symbolic concessions.

i wonder who's behind this post

Attached: 1543351115206.png (535x375, 51K)

Every fucking Canadian and Australian flag on this board is literally a chink

Jesus Christ

>kys faggot
he's right chinkvermin

Attached: chink exploits.jpg (432x767, 64K)

Everyone not involved in the shitfest will profit

Attached: IMG_6755.jpg (1242x1526, 233K)

China will win
Trump is too retarded to see that picking a fight with both the EU and China at the same time is retarded, but maybe starting unwinnable two front wars is just in his Drumpf German genes...

Attached: trump fedora.jpg (1536x2048, 1008K)

based

Attached: EU.png (229x220, 9K)

damn China is getting shit on

Attached: dab pepe.jpg (249x180, 5K)