AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>U.S. President Donald Trump has said he will declare that imported vehicles and parts from the Europe Union and Japan pose a national security threat ahead of trade talks with Brussels and Tokyo, echoing similar moves taken against China over the past year.

>The unprecedented designation of foreign vehicles imported to the United States from some of its closest allies sparked anger from automakers, dealers and foreign governments after a White House document hinted it would seek voluntary export quotas on autos from U.S. trading partners.

>Toyota Motor Corp, which said in March it is investing $13 billion in U.S. operations through 2021, called the designation “a major set-back for American consumers, workers and the auto industry” and said it sent the message “our investments are not welcomed,” while European Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstroem said on Twitter that “we completely reject the notion that our car exports are a national security threat."

>On Friday, Trump continued his rhetoric attacking foreign imports from the EU. “They have trade barriers. They don’t want our farm products, they don’t want our cars. They send Mercedes-Benz’s in here like they’re cookies,” he told a group of real estate agents. “They send BMWs here. We hardly tax them at all.”

Epic. Epic to the max.

Attached: Toy-Merc.jpg (818x748, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drivetribe.com/p/the-cars-of-donald-trump-Y9npTy6cSDSW6GUx8QdBFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cars that work are a threat to small garages all over

Very based. Globalist's asses are on fire.

the only kind of american cars that work are the pick-up trucks, anything else is bad.
there’s a good reason why a lot of people in my family drive toyotas and lexuses .-.

Jjokbari BTFO kek

Attached: 731AFC23-A382-4279-AB89-5843BAF281D3.jpg (683x633, 97K)

So yeah, who wants to shoot this dumb piece of shit

I am now 100% convinced he doesn't know how even the most basic of trades work.

>korea is exempt
>everybody bout to be hyundaid and kialled

Well I might change my mind on the Huawei phones then but they are still expensive.

Mercedes Benz is the largest US car exporter. They sell more cars from the US to abroad than Ford.

South Korean government is bribing him

Also I'm curious since I always see incels and magapedes sperg out about how much cheaper Toyota and Honda are compared to BMW/Mercedes when apparently they're as cheap as cookies.

Are you literally paid by the Chinese Government? Why do you spam this shit?

Based

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fuck you America

Attached: 8BEAC05E-5BC0-4696-907E-1E0829B49670.jpg (706x706, 61K)

>>On Friday, Trump continued his rhetoric attacking foreign imports from the EU. “They have trade barriers. They don’t want our farm products, they don’t want our cars.
Has it ever occured to Americans that American farm products complying with american FDA standards do not conform with EFSA standards and American cars are generally not only subpar in quality compared to budget european brands but also completely unsuitable for European market (fuckhueg 4 row SUV with 9l NA v8 vs tiny turbocharged 1.2l inner-city hatchbacks).
GM sold Opel and Vauxhall to PSA after decades of losses. Within the first year of PSA's acquisition of both brands they not only stopped any previous GM's effort to close european factories but also registered 1 billion USD in profits.

The irony is that the most "desirable" car made in the US that would probably find buyers in Europe is the japanese Toyota Camry.

Attached: idort.png (135x135, 5K)

Isn't the Ford fiesta very popular in europe?

yes because trucks of peace

it is but the fiesta isn't even a top priority vehicle for ford

ford europe is based in UK, its basically european brand

OG article link?
Are yoy sure? It did say so in the first draft but it's unclear as of now

It was designed by Ford of Europe. Ford of America only designs and manufacturers SUVs and pickup trucks.

>European cars: hyper efficient and reliable vehicles, fuel efficient and small enough to park in historical cities
>American cars: expensive fuel guzzling unreliable piece of shit nobody wants and a massive size for overcompensation
>"t-they don't buy our cars because of trade barriers! s-sanction them!"

Attached: drumpf.jpg (400x400, 23K)

fiest was created by ford europe

It is. "American Ford" and "Ford Europe" are basically two different companies owned by the same corporate entity.

Ford realized a long time ago that European and American markets are vastly different hence why Ford Europe and Ford Global/Ford USA rarely offered the same models (pretty much top of the line like Mustangs, and GT are globally available"
GM had the same deal with Opel, Vauxhall and Chevrolet (rebranded Daewoos lmao) but instead of looking at Ford and copying what Ford does they decided to stuck up with constant rebrands of the same shit they offer everywhere else and failed miserably.

We have a joke here that goes "Don't buy cars that start with F, ie Fiats, Fords and French ones" but I always considered ford to be a brand that deserves my respect. Mk3 fiesta was my first car and I now own a ford lawn tractor purely because it was blue and had FORD written on the side. I had no idea ford made lawnmowers lmao

TRADE WAR!!!!!

Attached: 6456456456.jpg (474x316, 23K)

this reminds me when Obama tagged Venezuela as a national Threat hahaha.

Pull your fucking head in, mate.

Attached: dZC2t0N.jpg (687x716, 138K)

Product lineup of Ford Polska and Ford USA in the "Personal vehicle" category.

I had no idea fiesta was a sedan in USA. Whats the fucking point. Hatchbacks have larger trunks while occupying less floor space.

Attached: zrzut.2019-05-19.16.04.00.png (1662x3403, 1.08M)

Yeah ok Cobba Zhang

euro's and japs don't want want american cars because americans don't make cars for those markets. they keep making cars the 'american way' which doesn't match the consumers preference in those markets. it's not a cost thing, it's a design problem.

>americans are so scared of manual cars they're considered a threat to their country

Attached: laughing spinning gold face.jpg (390x390, 17K)

because nobody cares about korean junks

Attached: virginia-tech.jpg (900x688, 170K)

Attached: 05d6a00d8341bf8f353ef017eeacb1b2e970d.jpg (3500x2587, 707K)

european ford models are really popular but yeah fucking truck is useless here

I don’t believe that’s real lol. Because Americans definitely prefer Japanese made cars over American.

>this a national threat for americans

Attached: 465456456.jpg (729x486, 45K)

Attached: 1528683251629.png (735x824, 577K)

Aren’t automatic cars becoming standard in your country?

Attached: laughing muppets.jpg (1024x576, 224K)

nah.
It's still cheaper to shitout half-decent manual gearbox rather than pisspoor automatic. And since european customers are used to manual cars and base trim levels don't even offer automatic as an option it's going to stay where it is. You have to dish out pretty penny for an automatic here.

based in germany*

There was a thread here like 3 weeks ago and almost all the euros in it were saying how they drive automatic and it’s becoming very common

i don't I've ever entered an automatic car desu

Did anyone tell him we produce most of the cars we sell in the US in NAFTA?

Attached: 1395977881801.jpg (413x395, 61K)

Literally never voting for a Republican in my life. Sad when Republicans are even more anti-free trade than left-wing Democrats.

drivetribe.com/p/the-cars-of-donald-trump-Y9npTy6cSDSW6GUx8QdBFw
>Cars from the German premium brand Mercedes is always like to appear within the car history of millionaires and billionaires, and Trump is no exception. In the past, Trump has had possession of the likes of the Mercedes-owned Maybach limousine and, more recently, the huge but super-fast S600 saloon.

So out of a sample size of 80 people you have deducted that automatic gearboxes are becoming standard here.

Attached: 1552737210686.jpg (665x635, 49K)

Wasn’t that his whole Plattform, reinstate the meme manufacturing industry and creating so many jobs even though it died in the early 2000s ?

they did try to make smaller ones and more european but they very quickly developed a reputation of being trash

women and ppl with money prefer those (not sportscars, big suvs and limuzine like bmws, volvos etc)

Maybe he does, but he knows the average American is as smart as a peanut and he is playing them

And I forgot to mention the most crucial reason why automatics are never going to be as popular in Europe as they are in the US.

Automatic gearbox feels like absolutely trash on a low-displacement, low-torque, low-power engine because of the energy losses inherent to the construction of an industry-standard hydrodynamic coupling in an automatic gearbox. An average car in Europe has half the amount of cylinders and half the amount of displacement of an average car in America. If you're driving a "budget" 3.6l v6 with 220PS+ to spare you can afford those losses. If you're a driving a 1.2 litre 3 cylinder it's either manual or an "exotic" automatic like a CVT.

People with actual performance cars tend to use automatic gearboxes because they are faster. Lamborghini used to call customers to verify that they really wanted a manual and it wasn't checked by mistake. Now they don't even offer manual gearboxes.

europeans with their cuckcages pathetic

Poor americans, and sad part is that they'll come up with mental gymnastics regardless to defend this atrocity kek