What exactly is Trumps endgame with the Trade War?

Its a war, so what are our objectives, aside from promoting jingoism and international rivalries?

>pollution controls?
>democratic reforms?
>promoting domestic industry?
>finding new trade partners?

Attached: awesome.jpg (900x1095, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yarn.co/yarn-clip/de3ab0de-e9fb-4173-a60f-591a88eb1d4d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Trump
>pollution controls
>democratic reforms

kek

hes a narcissist, not a moron.

He's just fulfilling his election promises.

He's both a narcissist and a moron.

Get a better deal for the US and put the fire to China for committing mass IP theft and all of their companies being run for the benefit of the CCP and China

To keep China at bay and fuck them over for abusing IP laws and not adhering to international regulations.

Which would be a great idea if he wasn't simultaneously pissing off every other country in the world

>Trump isn't a moron

My bad. He's a successful business genius, right?

Also he believes in tariffs to promote US industry, which while heterodox for maonstream econ, was a main feature of the "American system"

I think promoting domestic industry should be our primary focus. Secondary to that, I think we should continue to pressure mainland China to push for democratic reform in Hong Kong.

>drumpf dumb. Me smart.

Attached: 1540490579336.jpg (853x855, 86K)

the end goal is to get china to make the reforms they said they were going to do when entering the WTO. liberalize their markets, create an unbiased court system to adjudicate copyright protection claims, stop tech transfers and ip theft etc. but that will require a reworking of their entire system of government, so that's not gonna happen

>put the fire to China
while i agree with the sentiment, its the Chinese people who suffer, not the buerocrats. We ought to have some definitive goals.

He is working for the Jews. His main job seems to be ruining nationalism. This trade war thing is about giving leverage to China. Remember that "western" politics have built China. This is just a continuation of what have been done for straight 30 years now.

Attached: Trump.jpg (677x381, 46K)

The fuck is Trump's end game in general
>"Foreign interventions are bad"
>"The Israelis tell me the Iranians are up to no good!"

Attached: potato-trump.jpg (839x655, 32K)

they were making process prior to Xin Jiping, but he started playing hardball with the US and bit off more than he could chew.

Hurrrr trump say different things!?!?!?! What his endgame?!?!?!?! No make sense for smol breyn. Policy? What that? Me only read what say him on media!?!

as far as promoting domestic industry, i think we should adopt legislation that will favor american companies that produce high grade, alloy steel for domestic production, instead of inferior chinese steel.

I think we should shift from russia and china providing us with concrete and switch to Indian markets.

We need to continue to expand our aerospace markets, especially our export markets, and promote heavy aerospace industry in the civilian sector of our economy.

We need to reduce the amount of plastic we consume and import less plastic from abroad. While its important to rely on domestic manufacturers for polymer production we also need to maintain strict pollution standards.

As for our electronics industry, our government and vital industry needs to stop relying on foreign manufactures for security sensitive hardware, which may be compromised by china's national interests.

As for democratic reforms, its the usual sort of demands we've had for the last decade or so. I don't expect miracles, but i expect more than a token effort.

>back down China's support for North Korea
>maintain Hong Kong's independence
>protect student rights
>make an effort to recognize taiwan's sovereignty. (not holding my breath)
>introduce free market reforms and reduce government interference in the marketplace

wow user so deep, thanks for sharing

China needs to be broken over a rock. They're a menace to the free world and the planet at large.

yarn.co/yarn-clip/de3ab0de-e9fb-4173-a60f-591a88eb1d4d

Isn't it obvious? He's just waving his metaphorical cock around. Nobody who voted for him was thinking in the long-term.

trump is trying to extract concessions from China with the trade war. what is going to happen is some factories will pull out enough production to satiate american consumers while avoiding tariffs, while production for the rest of the world continues in China. the trade war is just going to end up costing everybody more money due to the inefficient supply chain.