How did Russia manage to keep most of it's colonial empire whereas other European nations failed?

How did Russia manage to keep most of it's colonial empire whereas other European nations failed?

Attached: expansion_of_russia.jpg (865x640, 140K)

Cause Americans where the ones stoping colonialism and they can't grast the thought of colonialism in a contiguous territory

where is Alaska on the map

because somehow russians are more willing to fight than any other european, and i dont know why

Sparsely populated=populated by mostly Russians. Continuous territory, makes it hard to break away. Simple as.

US didn't want compitition after WW1, so they (((diplomatically))) managed to get the UK and France to leave their colonies. Italy, Spain, and the other simply got btfo in a revolt or war and left.

Nobody lived there

By racemixing and creating the new Russian race.

Americans are doing the same thing. It just works.

Attached: Russian women 1536665397165 -.jpg (2828x1500, 870K)

Also, Russia controls sparsely populated Siberia, compare that to Holland and Indonesia.

Attached: fc1fqq4ozccy.png (2000x841, 422K)

Racemixing is wrong, it weakens the sense of identity and belonging.

Read a book on European history please.

>France was willing to fight the Central African Republic but still lost.

Russia was connected to it's colonies. A big problem with colonies is identity. Settlers from the new world can think "this is new Spain" but what about their children? They only have their parents memories, and then their children? Eventually the people have no connection to their former nation and so they create a new one

Idk, but Dutch really had a boner for our spice islands
They would gladly trade their other occupations with other colonizer such as British and Portuguese just to get an expansion control in our islands

Even when they lost Java to British, they still want it back through treaty.

they lived in the ukraine area though, didnt they? or was that populated later?

Siberia is thinly populated, so the only major population centers out there are ethnically Russian, so its not like there's much to decolonize. Russia today still might hold many of the other former soviet republics had Lenin not designated them titular nationalities.

Civilizing insects takes work. Giving them up would be a huge waste of time

This. Lenin and his ideas are one the biggest threat for Russian people.

Are you referring to the western Ukraine that was populated ever since the days of the medieval rus or the modern borders of ukraine entirely?

Russias nationalists really need to get around to tearing down his statues, the whore of Brandenburg shouldn't have a mausoleum, and his body shouldn't be anywhere near the kremlin.

Not sure why your leaders accepted the independence of the rest. You guys could have marched into most places unopposed, except for the Baltics

French military prowess has been proven throughout history. Read a history book please.

European nations basically subjugated your entire region.

The ex-nomenklatura pro-western liberals that dominated many parts of former USSR in the 90s weren't really interested in reforming a triune russian nation or the Russian empire that existed before the bolsheviks. They were just interested in getting real estate in Monaco.
Even if that wasn't the case, Russia was a nightmare in the 90s and couldn't even attempt such a thing, the Russian Army at the time was mostly conscription rabble lead by an alcoholic, its why the first chechen war was a mess.

>Outnumbers the Germans
>Still gets outflanked
>Military prowess
Sure thing, Pierre

Germans were just superior in that war, the soldiers and the generals of the Wehrmacht were just unreal. But why don't you dig a little deeper then that and take a look at World War I and French domination during the age of Nepolian.

As a monarchist, I am for the remaining of Lenin - he brings money and foreign tourists.
Let him benefit Russia at least after his death

I know that the French were strong, but they were not willing to keep their colonies, that's why they lost meme tier "countries" such as CAR.

Attached: MaximumWE.jpg (468x614, 137K)

Russia has been occupied since 1917. Russian nationalism is a terrible crime during the Soviet era and now.
They not only gave them independence, they continue to send money there

>Civilizing insects takes work. Giving them up would be a huge waste of time
Dutch was different
They're not civilized anyone, it's just pure capitalist
In 3G, they only care about Gold

Because it wasn't really a colonial empire

A resident of Elista, who spoke by phone in Kalmyk, was beaten the other day, the local news portal reported. According to the man, two young and sports guys became his offenders.

- I came to the city for an interview for work. I decided to go shopping, and on the way to talk with my wife via an instant messenger, ”said Dorji M.,“ Two 25-year-olds rudely made me a comment and asked not to speak their “tarabar” language. The calm answer of the guest from Elista, it seems, has inflamed the uninvited interlocutors even more. The townspeople did not limit themselves to insults and immediately surrounded Dorji.

“They told me to go to Kyrgyzstan.” When I replied that I lived in Kalmykia, the guys just laughed and said: “No difference, a narrow-eyed cheburek” Recalls Dorji. - After that, they surrounded me and struck several blows. I fell to the ground and got a head and a stomach. Soon the attackers fled. After recovering from the first shock, the young man approached the road builders and asked them for the address of the nearest police station.

- To be honest, I still can not move away from the shock - I can not believe that in the city that defeated fascism, this can happen. Most likely, I will not return to Volgograd anymore. Scary ...

Oh my, what a disgusting thing they di...
>I can not believe that in the city that defeated fascism, this can happen.
Never mind, fuck him.

>Russian nationalism

Attached: aryans.jpg (1200x675, 170K)

some russians are really retarded
why would someone hurt a kalmyk ? they are really nice folk

I presume he meant Nationalism more in line with that of the White Movement rather than 14/88 types since he's a monarchist.

Do you like to suck churkas dick?

>“They told me to go to Kyrgyzstan.”
>I replied that I lived in Kalmykia
>the guys just laughed and said: “No difference, a narrow-eyed cheburek”
I'm a bit confused but i kind of find this a little funny

I know that English isn't your first language, but the OP did clearly write "most".

Based. Screw them!

Attached: jyiMYnWGpzA.jpg (1000x700, 83K)

>a narrow-eyed cheburek”
Fucking kek

Its a contiguous landmass thats why. Same with US/China/India

>Do you like to suck churkas dick?

Attached: ___________.png (400x390, 316K)

WWII veteran from Kalmykia turned out to be a member of the SS Corps

Attached: 15604919717061.png (827x974, 635K)

Lenin was part Kalmyk
Neo nazis repent!

because Russians themselves are a non-white colonial peoples colonized by bolshevik jews just like Amerimutts right now are becoming

Russian white nationalist ready to beat up some non-white immigrants.

Attached: Russian man.jpg (900x900, 165K)

Well, do you?

t. Arab
*Arab means mixed

Why are you so butthurt?

Attached: plebbit.png (907x1037, 96K)

As much as you find these questions stupid this is how we feel about the average european’s knowledge in asia

Russians ARE northern europeans, even reddittards figured out. I hate cliche "eastern europe" so fucking much.

The average Siberian looks like this but calls himsels white

Attached: ruslan.jpg (772x515, 33K)

>Russian territory, 1462
Basically it is a small part of it.There were some different russian princedoms fighting each other. Moscovian was the only one of them.

Because it's connected

Funny, American's don't know the location and names of European countries, and Euros don't know the names and locations of US states

Well he's certainly whiter than you or me, Muhammad.

Americans have slightly more people who know bits about Korea, China, or Japan. They on average are a lot more open minded in learning about us too, i’ll give you that

Arab means nomad, but yeah we're mixed sadly>:/

Post history books so I know which ones to get

lol

Attached: North Korea.png (578x742, 34K)

>most women are stupid, vapid and racist news at 8

Does not it bother you that there is no Finland?

>Funny, American's don't know the location and names of European countries, and Euros don't know the names and locations of US states
Do you think it would make sense for Americans to know the location of German federal states or Spanish autonomies? No, because subnational division are hardly important for most people outside a country.
Same for European people for US states, but most European can point to Canada, USA and Mexico in a map.
So it's not comparable at all.

Mots russians are racists as fuck. Funny coming from a whores nation.

Well, he is amerimutt, so it to be expected for him to do stupid comparison.

>pro-western liberals that dominated many parts of former USSR in the 90s
lol

western ignorance

Attached: 1528622006885.png (1950x472, 123K)

Yeltsin was pretty chummy with Clinton, Kravchuk was day dreaming about Khrantsiya, and Kebich was one of the big drafters of Belovezha Accords (even though he lost to the potato dictator in 1994). Even the backlash against Yeltsin and his government which resulted in the Red Belt across Russia wasn't that impactful when it came how the country was acutally run.

>These data are based on perceptions of visitors of this website in the past 3 years.

Cope

Russia doen't rule central asia. Not today. But they used to when the Russian empire was a thing. The map in the OP is clearly about Russian expansion and the Russian empire.

yes it does. Finland doesn't deserve to be a country.

France also got BTFO in Vietnam and Algeria

Yes, white christians are probably quite scared in Paris. But I don't think that's what was talking about.

>racism, bad
>also all russians are racists and their women are all whore

you are no different than racist bydlos, débile

Only white SJWs from western countries think Russia is racist

>narrow-eyed cheburek

Attached: 1559725171580.jpg (332x298, 13K)

what do others think?

1) Ruslan not Russian first name
2) He looks like Kazakh/Tatar mutt

We didn't manage to keep our empire. 1991 pushed us back to our 17th century borders but unlike the times this happened before, these days we don't have the energy as a nation to get our land back. Grim if you ask me.
>monarchism
>21st century

yikes

Russia is run by Asians.

>we don't have the energy as a nation to get our land back
LMAO
Better save this lands, imperial cuck. After the next crisis, we will lose even more land.

Colonial Empires were dissolved because having nig-nog self government is cheaper than having to maintain Empires.

Russia simply doesn't work that way.

It was literally sold and honestly embarassing loss, even if it wasn't worthy of money before the oil discovery it was a very strategic and relevant territory and position, basically Russia would be soread on 3 continents now not taking in considerstion Antarctica bases. Or that Russia-US border that dives two sister islands in the middle of the Pacific inhabitated by some natives.

He is Khanty

These territories look like an expensive and special kind of hell to administrate, infinite islands and complicated transports and borders.

This is a new level of vatnik

>No difference, a narrow-eyed cheburek

Based.

They did nothing wrong. Russia is for Russians only. Our country must be cleansed from non-russians.

Attached: we russians need no non-russian devils but only their land.png (248x338, 101K)

The funny thing is that most Russians have non-Russian admixture themselves. Why do you think there are so many Kurbanovs, Kurganovs or Khabibullins?

>t. Iq 79

Attached: 1540618135313-a.png (1280x720, 731K)

they sold it because It bordered the British empire (Canada) and thought Britian would take it anyway. Alaska was distant from the heart of Russia at the time (european russia) and Siberia didn't have completed roads or train roads so it was hard to get to and defend. That is why they thought selling to the US was better than having the British conquer it.

Soviet union forced them to be in country soviet union collapsed in 1991, either russia will collapse or the different nations will have to be dealt with

its

>t. Ruslan Rinatovich Khabibulin

>>monarchism
st century
its not that crazy, all governments are oligarchies with their own a power elite anyway

The only regions that might be able to break off are DICh, but that wouldn't be any real loss frankly, there really aren't any other ethnic groups within the RF that have displayed separatist sentiments

t. lipka tatar