/flag/ - EXTRAFLAGS GENERAL

nigger edition

previous:

Welcome to /extraflags/, a lovely spin-off of /flag/ except its a general for users with extra flags to discuss flags, extra flags, and autistic activities while funposting. don't have extra flags? get extra flags :^)

>What are extra flags?
Extra Flags is an open-source and non-malicious plugin that adds regional flags, like states and provinces, to the already existing national flags on Jow Forums, Jow Forums, /sp/, and Jow Forums, by storing users' post number along with the selected regional flags, and retrieving it from a database when a thread is loaded. You can add your region's flag by requesting it on the GitHub page.

How to install: gitlab.com/flagtism/Extra-Flags-for-Jow Forums

>Webm install guide (Desktop and Mobile):
Chrome: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/chrome-install.webm
Firefox: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/firefox-install.webm
Opera: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/opera-install.webm

>Collecting Flags?
World template: i.imgur.com/DcBPwzx.png
Regional templates: gitlab.com/flagtism/Extra-Flags-for-Jow Forums/tree/master/maps
About Jow Forums's flags: i.imgur.com/w9VDsop.png

>Making Flags?
pastebin.com/KiLFWJ0Z
i.imgur.com/GLnizJD.png

>Having troubles installing the script?
Ask here

>Looking for flags?
The 4 boards that have integrated default flags are Jow Forums, Jow Forums, Jow Forums and /sp/. Happy hunting :^)

Attached: 1920px-Flag_of_Corsica.svg.png (1920x1152, 117K)

It's not a nigger, it's a moor

Hello again frens

moors niggers whats the difference now get extra/flags/

my 20% ancestor :)

the moors are niggers

Attached: 1534614665148.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

based

Attached: 1530883942672.png (1322x787, 806K)

GO
AWAY
FEMALE
SCUM

Only niggers don't know the difference.

Attached: smugpepe.jpg (825x1000, 105K)

nah

GO!
AWAY!

negative

FOID
SCUM

now I have to rename the folders ç__ç

Attached: bls.png (528x404, 12K)

Yeah sorry Trieste but I mean I like having the countries have their regionals be in their languages instead of stupid English

F

>looking for places to move after college
>tfw no place I'm interested in has nice flags or 5th-level regions
such is life as a flaggot

Attached: 1539829825075.jpg (790x1024, 109K)

I think I'll build the folder locally and then wipe it and replace it completely once it's done

What's life in Florida like right now? Got a mate who really wants to move there

Attached: thinkingapu.jpg (400x400, 23K)

>tfw no place I'm interested in has nice flags
I mean this IS America we're talking about

how to open an issue in github?

Attached: 1374143742838.jpg (145x130, 4K)

btw I want this to be settled once and for all.
I've seen many times the push to get names that appear on the english wiki or at least the english name for the type of division.
same as gitlab. create an account -> new issue

Yeah, it HAS to be in the language of each country, whether it be the official or most spoken.

What if it's in cyrillic or chink and so on?

Attached: 1519850438307.png (414x384, 10K)

holy fug what happened to that spurdo? :DD

I mean, Monterrey, Firestone, Albany, Spring hill, and quite a few of the puerto rican flags are decent

behold

Attached: most definity a town full of non germans.png (1024x683, 59K)

what about official name with english division?

he got spärded :DDDDDDDDD

Attached: 1513702039922.png (211x211, 25K)

Attached: 1528204245947.jpg (680x793, 41K)

>What if it's in cyrillic or chink and so on?
Personally, I'm an autist so I would be totally down for it. Now for shit like Mongolian we'll have to talk about it but personally i think cyrillic and chinese script would be neat

probably ok
but i want to hear the opinion of as many oldflags as possible

where does it say new issue?

Attached: github.png (1033x614, 33K)

they were deactivated try now

in the new job I'll have to contact a finnish company for stuffs and I think I'll add a kaksoispiste de at the end of each sentence xDD

Attached: 1544627845187.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Mongolian uses Cyrillic with some added letters, hanging Mongolian writing is in far more limited use nowadays (sadly)

added

id say we only use the latin alphabet and the romanized versions of names in other alphabets
also, only the official names

XDDDD
ty, the point is I don't know where to add them :DD
are they all official?

Hot and rainy simultaneously. Very low taxes, closest thing to Mad Max you'll find in the US. Average Floridian is pretty based when it comes to homeless people, and everyone's implicitly racist against other groups. Miami is like Vegas in the sense that you're supposed to visit, have fun, and leave - do not stay there. Tampa Bay is pretty based, Jacksonville's another if you're near the beach. Good surfing over there. Always encourage retards to come to the state because they pay your taxes when they spend $20 to park at Disney. Gun laws here are among the best in the country, and one of the few states where you can shoot someone who just robbed you while they're running away and still be in the clear. I wouldn't recommend living south of Sarasota myself. Anywhere north of Sarasota can be considered "South" by Dixie standards.

If your friend was looking for a university to attend, the best unis in terms of the Florida experience are FSU, USF, and Miami. Healthy college culture all-around and the frats still get away with being segregated. I rushed Alpha Sig but denied their bid at the last minute, and they had the saying "There will never be a nig in Alpha Sig" which is pretty fucking funny.

Sadly, this state has a history of not telling Yankees to fuck off when they come here, and we're now virtually tied for 3rd most-populous state with New York. Northerners like to come here and retire because of low taxes and they shit up our politics by voting for higher ones.

>t. Floridian who has shot 3 gators and eats it weekly

Attached: 1497019366112.jpg (221x225, 13K)

Dunno lad anglo-saxon is the global language after all

yes
afghanistan made their coa bigger
thailand standarized its colors
and mauritania added the red bands

I'm not changing my collection for this, hard veto from me sorry. Was already a pain renaming the Greek and Belarus stuff, couldn't imagine renaming everything in EE

what does this mean? Example?
Oh that's right we'll just use Mongolian cyrillic
>romanized versions of names in other alphabets
Yet I'm sure you'll never bat an eye at Beijing not being Peking under those standards. Our current system is already horrible mixed globalized Creole as is

Oh by the way if you need help with Cyrillic hit me up, I know the alphabet pretty well

I was gonna do it progressively over time. You're gonna have to redo your entire Sweden collection already as is with the new reformatting I'm doing. Honestly you may be old here but you contribute jack shit to the plugin these days. I'll at least hear out Sonora because he works on France and Mexico, and then Trieste because he's the programming wiz behind everything.
Ironic given your country already is complying with the standards I'm proposing. We have countries where it's in the proper native language like yours and others like Sweden which aren't. It's horrible and fucks with my OCD

I just copy and paste names from the country's native language wiki, but for sure.

like how we use "Province of Barcelona" instead of "Provincia de Barcelona"

KK, excellent work on the repo by the way

>Yet I'm sure you'll never bat an eye at Beijing not being Peking
what are you talking about?

Ughhhhhh it's a grey area so I'll let it pass. It will be up to the discretion of the flagmaker to include that - like right now I'm using the Swedish name for county and municipality. I'm not gonna go around and change any of the existing shit unless we need those flags to be remodeled like I'm doing now with Sweden.

Yeah nah fuck that, the plugin should be usable. I doubt the average person who has this installed cares if it's in Cyrillic or Greek, they want to mouse-over the flag and be able to read it. If you click the flag and it brings up the Google search, it would return a list with a bunch of non-English results because it's searching with a non-English language. I don't think we should introduce "features" the users aren't asking for

I'm not the one who flagged the Netherlands.
Peking is the classical Romanized name for Beijing, just as there was Bombay and Calcutta in India.
>I doubt the average person who has this installed cares if it's in Cyrillic or Greek
There's a reason why the vast majority of /flag/ users are Americans and Anglos; go over to the foreign generals like /fra/ or the Swedish one and see how many people are into them. This move is merely working towards being more open towards other speakers on the site.
>If you click the flag and it brings up the Google search, it would return a list with a bunch of non-English results because it's searching with a non-English language.
If people are too lazy to use the automatic translator on the page, or just scroll down to the option which is in english, just as you can find the Dutch option if you click on noord-holland, then maybe they're better off not using that feature in the first place.

Here's what I say. Open ended, discretionary based on flag maker.

but isnt beijing the official romanized version?

Attached: Portugal 2 13-06-19.png (950x1440, 113K)

>There's a reason why the vast majority of /flag/ users are Americans and Anglos
It's an English website and everyone here knows a degree of English, especially if they manage to install the plugin. Do you want to make 12 OP posts detailing the process for each major language on Jow Forums as well?
>Here's what I say. Open ended, discretionary based on flag maker.
Yes but that's the problem, you're the one making most of the flags because you're the one who wants to spend time doing that. If you switch over to that standard and nobody else wants it, it's going to fuck over the plugin and everyone else's collection on some arbitrary naming problem you had. We had a power trip like this a few years ago and a lot of people uninstalled the plugin, I'd prefer to avoid that happening again

"Beijing (/ˌbeJˈdʒJŋ/ BAY-JING, nonstandard /ˌbeJˈʒJŋ/ BAY-ZHING;[10][11] Mandarin pronunciation: [pèi.tɕíŋ] (About this soundlisten)), alternately romanized as Peking[12] (/ˌpiːˈkJŋ/ PEE-KING)[11], is the capital of the People's Republic of China, the world's third most populous city proper, and most populous capital city."

Nah I meant in general man, same goes for everybody who takes the time to create flags, maps and code

yes

>Do you want to make 12 OP posts detailing the process for each major language on Jow Forums as well?
I can't do that except maybe for French, but I'm sure we could eventually have language-specific instructions. I see a lot of non-English speakers on this board. Just because the board is geared towards English speakers doesn't mean that we should completely bastardize place names, especially when we put so much focus into properly labeling regional districts and so forth.

I mean you as an ethnonat should be lauding this move
>We had a power trip like this a few years ago and a lot of people uninstalled the plugin, I'd prefer to avoid that happening again
If my rants haven't killed this general, then I doubt some sporadic flag name changes will kill it either. Not my fault no one else (besides Trieste, Malta and Sonora) wants to contribute here outside of posting half-naked females, stale memes, and incessant bumps. This general should be about flag discussion and vexilology news between those who actively make flags; all other shit should go to the users respective home general

Oh yeah no problem, glad you enjoy it. Those who do contribute here to the repo and plugin are deserving of my highest commendation, as well as all others who lurk this general and board.

This is retarded. There have been suggestions in the past to make the plugin work for other imageboards such as krautchan, but that's really it. There's no need for every flag to be unreadable for the vast majority of users. If the flags are in English, everyone can understand them. Who gives a fuck if some Turk gets his flag in his own language?

>Ironic given your country already is complying with the standards I'm proposing. We have countries where it's in the proper native language like yours
>Cataluña

Attached: 1523393114827.png (255x223, 8K)

so would you prefer Venice over Venezia?

If I'm getting it right:
Afghanistan, Mauritania and Thailand were already "correct and official" and this is just a fix so "fixed","official" and "unofficial" will all be updated.
New Martinique is still unofficial like the old one with the snakes. So for sure the "official" remains the french one. But what about the "fixed" and "unofficial"?

We say it as "Catalonia" over here.

so?

its good you point that out
we should have that changed

>Who gives a fuck if some Turk gets his flag in his own language?
He already does. Istanbul is literally "Constantinople" in Turkish.

All that would happen is "Istanbul Province" turns to "İstanbul ili". If they want to know what "ili" means well they're in luck google translate is a thing.

So, we're saying that it is more accurate to refer to Catalonia as how it is said in Catalan.

rofl XDDDDDD

Attached: file.png (1431x122, 19K)

And why is it "Canton of Lucerne" in the extenstion?

I think Luzern would be better, than Lucerne. Like you have, for example, Thurgau, Schaffhausen, Solothurn instead of Thurgovie, Schaffhouse, Soleure.

but that's castiliANUS mr

Personally, yes. But I'm not saying to go and change something that's in Italian to English, I'm just saying to leave it the way it is. There's literally no point if it's just to curb Sonoma's autism, it's unnecessary work.

And why the fuck do you feel that's necessary? Do you really feel this is a proper use of your time? It isn't going to add any substantial benefits it's just going to fuck over everyone else's in-progress collections

ok, im thinking about this
is the "ili" part of the name?
i say we should keep names in the original language (latin alphabet)
so, i.e. the name of my city is "Ciudad Obregón" therefore the "Ciudad" shouldnt be changed to "City"
same way, if "İstanbul ili" is the official name it should remain that way
then, when would we use the english words "Province", "County", "Municipality", etc?
only when we are adding it in order to differenciate from a lower subdivision level, if it ever came to happen
thoughts?

how do we solve america's nigger problem?

Attached: 1560531907846.png (847x808, 735K)

EXACTLY
Ouch
>Do you really feel this is a proper use of your time?
This is my hobby. I have loved geography and vexilology since I was 3 years old and I truly enjoy making these flags and naming them. Your insinuation that this isn't worth my time stems from us coming from two entirely different social cultures.
>it's just going to fuck over everyone else's in-progress collections
Implying bicubic to hi res didn't before? Why don't we just go back to bicubic and don't edit flags made after 2016 because that would fuck over oldfag collections

its not unnecesary to do things the right way
thats why we changed the greek names to actual greek (latin alphabet)

>is the "ili" part of the name?
No, it's roach for "province"
>so, i.e. the name of my city is "Ciudad Obregón" therefore the "Ciudad" shouldnt be changed to "City"
Exactly. Most flags wouldn't even be affected by this move even if we were to change them all in one foul swoop
>then, when would we use the english words "Province", "County", "Municipality", etc?
When the official names of the regions explicitly dictate it. For example, Istanbul Province is CALLED that, not just Istanbul like the city. Meanwhile when I flagged NY you didn't have towns and villages named the same be called "Whitesboro Town" or "Whitesboro Village" they were called Whitesboro (town) or (village).
it all comes down to what the official thing is, but it's still largely discretionary. For example we won't call California "the State of California".
eradicate women, especially the white ones who import them in and fuck them

>This is my hobby. I have loved geography and vexilology since I was 3 years old and I truly enjoy making these flags and naming them. Your insinuation that this isn't worth my time stems from us coming from two entirely different social cultures.
Searching for a flag in your collection relies on the input you give it. The "appearance" of the flag doesn't affect that. If you try to search for a non-Latin flag, you will not be able to find it unless you switch your keyboard. If you try to search for a non-English flag with a non-English name in Latin script, the names don't always line up and it isn't apparent if you have the flag you're searching for or not. Don't pretend that this is an improvement in any way, it's literally just unnecessary shit
Yeah, and I disagreed with it. Nobody knows what kentriki makedonia is, but everyone knows what Central Macedonia is.

>Nobody knows what kentriki makedonia is
And nobody knows that Jerusalem is a rough translation of "City of Peace". We don't call Jerusalem "City of Peace" on the plugin.

they will ahve to learn then

I'm not saying to name the flags their literal meaning, don't shift the goal posts. I'm saying that this "feature" you're planning is going to fuck over people's collections because something minuscule bothered you. Rename your own collections if you care that much, don't force everyone else to abide by your autistic naming preference

Come up with some sort of consensus.
I'll update the fug as needed.
personally I'm more for the English Wikipedia thingy in a rational way:
if (town) or (city) or whatever of that kind is appended to the title that is just to distinguish the Urls. What's reported in bold on the first line should be (99% of the time) the thing to use.

btw what am i supposed to do here?

Attached: 1535638549116.jpg (307x462, 15K)

One thing that is a problem with switching around the flag names is non-Latin alphabets. Most people on this board cannot type in Cyrillic, so searching for Russian provincial names (e.g. Яpocлaвcкaя oблacть) would be a massive drag (if there is already consensus about how this problem is going to be solved, ignore this post).

Why should I be forced to take MY time out painstaking renaming flags which I could just do in one foul swoop on my own time flagging? I mean, at this point we're just jostling over who's gonna have the most time wasted. Given that the people here who make the flags support this new policy, I would say that it should be implemented, and if it serves as trouble, then it can be reneged, or subject to discretion.

>personally I'm more for the English Wikipedia thingy in a rational way
ok, do that
>btw what am i supposed to do here?
i think afghanistan and mauritania would fall into "official" and thailand would fall into "fix"

I say right now, for non-Latin scripts it's arbitrary, but for Latin scripts it should be in specific languages. It's not like anyone is actively working on Russia anyway. I'll get input from Russian anons when they inevitably show up and so forth. No one posts from China.

Do as you see fit, what matters is the flag not the name imo

Solna looking better lol

Attached: Solna kommun.png (611x611, 49K)

When you save the flag, rename it if you feel it's necessary. Nobody else cares, because nobody wants to rename their flags. If I have to rename my entire Swedish collection because of you (which is large), you will be wasting people's time. Think in-terms of efficiency, not in absolutes

Okay. If you want my advice, I'd recommend that Cyrillic be transliterated following Wikipedia ('vernacular English' transliteration) and that terms referring to provinces (oблacть, кpaй) also be Latinised (those terms are difficult to directly translate to English).

They literally wern't though

testing
Afghanistan
Thailand
no Mauritania in sight tho

As a Maltese, I'm quite familiar with a language question of some form. May I give my input on this?

oh shit nigga
u gonna get fugged :D

Attached: catalonia.png (1374x243, 33K)

> If I have to rename my entire Swedish collection because of you (which is large), you will be wasting people's time. Think in-terms of efficiency, not in absolutes
You're already gonna have to replace them all because we're switching to 11x11 flags which are actually accurate for that country. All of the 16x11 flags are gonna be outdated as soon as I'm done. I feel it's a perfect time to do a name change because frankly those flags are in dire need for a remodel. I mean some fucker (probably you back in 2014) literally took Solna's CoA and stretched it so it looks like Daytona Motor Speedway instead of a sun. If that doesn't scream remodel then I don't know what does

Based Italy, I needed Afghanistan for my collection

Lmao what the fuck it's in Spanish for a Catalan province that's fucked.

But I mean with this you all see what I'm saying here. AT THE LEAST the Latinized scripts should be altered according to region-specific languages