Is this the perfect country

Is this the perfect country

Attached: ch.png (240x240, 375)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Switzerland/comments/c0f5ce/swiss_women_strike_for_more_money_time_and_respect/
youtube.com/watch?v=I_FNsaDOygo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

it depends on your economic situation and if your likings on cities and nature

>applied for a job in Locarno but got rejected for lack of experience
how do I cope with this

Attached: i648gmqsk74y.png (645x1260, 440K)

>french and german are official languages
no

No

It's not perfect, but it's the best.

dude that's a healthpack texture

Well, the flag is a big plus

I'd say it's tied with Norway

we are a country witht eh same problems like everybody else, we just have been lucky by catching early on the industrial revolution, a council type government and shittons of luck made us very stable and direct democracy helps with keeping things reasonable.

>shittons of luck made us very stable
What are the three luckiest things?

I've read that you get mail with new bill or law proposals and you can pick if you agree or not. I've also heard a story about the community in a place in Switzerland kicking out a mouthy foreign woman because she kept complaining about the cow bells. They didn't extend her residency permit or something similar.

1815 at the Vienna congress Switzerland as a country only survived because we had one good man that knew how to play the game and the Russian Tsar had a soft spot for us because his Nanny/Teachers have been Swiss. One of the main features of Switzerland is that it is a nearly perfect buffer state where Europe needs one. Most of the important Alpine passes that would allow for direct war between for example Austria and France or all the others are in neutral territory with a guy that will never attack somebody.
in 1801, Switzerland imported the first English made textile machines, at the height of Napoleons reign, when Switzerland was de facto a French puppet state and the continental blockade was in place some glorious merchant managed to buy and import the latest high tech from the Brits, 1805 Escher founds the first Swiss engine machine factory. vast ammounts of water power catapult us from medieval shithole to world leading industrialists.
in 1847 we have a civil war about state rights/confederation/union, basically the same as the us, just without the slave issue.
Despite 150k troops in combat, the war ends within a month and less than 60 deaths in total.

DOMINUS PROVIDEBIT, the Lord will provide for his own. (1.Mose 22,8), motto printed since old times on Bernese coinage and still used on the Swiss 5 Franc coin.

Attached: dominus.jpg (1561x1561, 574K)

we do vote 3-4 times a years. If parliament passes a law, the first step is something called "Vernehmlassung", the parliament proposes a low and everybody is invited to give his opinion, from the bird watchers association, to the lesbian filmmakers, to the verzasca valley sport shooters association, this is to streamline the law, prevent unwanted cross effects and keep everybody happy, because if not, somebody will collect 50k signatures, and we vote on this law, which means campaigning, public debates, money spent etc. I like having the last say, but the best thing is likely that the parliament most often does an ok job for laws and we only have so many controversial votes.
Initiative is the other thing, people can directly propose a change to the constitution, 100k signatures is enough, but often this is just used to start a debate in society and you have to be cautious, if you bring up some crazy shit, lose 82%:18% and your idea is permafucked for the next 30 years. So initiatives hardly ever pass the vote, but every now and then the people put the hammer down and change the constitution themselves.

Campaigning against cowbells in the Swiss country side will get you on the to do list. Soihäfeli Soideckeli.

It's an alpine farmland that got populated by french, germans and italians too poor to hold power position in their country and too rich to live like plebs

I live in Lugano. What kind of job did you applied to?

It got populated long before anything like germany, italy or france even existed both in culture and name. We do however had settlement from Alemanni, Burgundi and Lombard tribes and then some remains of celto-roman populations.

Attached: DnUBGNmX4AIfKPz.jpg (912x912, 53K)

>some remains of celto-roman populations
practically every big place name in switzerland is celtic in origin

And those people are long gone, I was talking about the Romansh speaking people int he Grison alps.

Based. We'll annex you one day or another be sure about that

Based, we'll crash your country with no survivors one day or another be sure about that.

Attached: necker.jpg (340x479, 35K)

>living under the Ceneri
Lmaoing at your life

God I hope so fucking much.

too many french

>LugaNO
and here we go

Attached: popcorn.gif (320x240, 1.22M)

>we invaded two of your cities
>we wiped one of your armies
>you wiped one of our armies
>you paid your debts in full in cash
>we became friends and had 250 good years stomping the world together
>we broke your monarchy for good and turned you republic, because lol
>you invaded us and made us a modern republic, because lol

good times

Attached: 1514941201451.jpg (248x189, 18K)

>I'm a first world country with """""problems"""""
No, you don't have problems, you faggot fuck.

What the fuck are your local news like?

And now, on Helvetia News: it's another perfect day in Switzerland without corruption and crime. Thanks for tuning in.

Attached: 1490079876031.png (225x227, 119K)

I had 100k+ angry women in town demonstrating for more special rights and free gibs. today I have 25k+ lgtb's doing the pride thing and my town is flagged in rainbows. Meanwhile we voted to tighten gun laws and the old Jean-Claude is pissing on our boots and trying to pressure us into automatically following EU regulations. Other than that, life is good, yes.

On a side note, you got probably the richest and most beautiful country on earth and it is vast, we have small cold rock far away from the seas. To each his own I guess.

Attached: CH-KAR-0.7040-1809-1.jpg (850x600, 132K)

I don't doubt Switzerland is a nice country, but foreigners usually praise it because they think it's homogeneous and "independent" from the evil EU.

cringe

I guess it means the answer is yes

>t.tedesco schifoso

i've heard socially it's quite stressful and depressing

not just for foreigners, even if you're swiss and move to another city in your mid 20s or later it's hard to meet new friends

1856/57 Switzerland managed to take Neuchatel (green blob south west corner) from Prussia without a shot fired. Prussia planed to invade with 150k troops, the Swiss raised the national army for the first time, but eventually Prussia gave up because nobody would back them and France was happy that that part of the Jura natural border went into Swiss hands.
This unified little Switzerland after the the civil war 8 years earlier, starring the Prussians down as a family did really help with creating a feeling of unity and solidarity among the Swiss and a pride for the nation instead of the canton.

Attached: La suisse au bord du Rhin en 1856 – L'Affaire de Neuchâtel .jpg (829x1000, 588K)

What's living in Geneva like?

Zürich and Geneva only, in places like Bern, St. Gallen, Winterthur or Fribourg people are much more open. And yes, social studies have found that Swiss keep to the network of friends they made in childhood and early adulthood, schoolfriends, armybuddies and rarely switch that.

>green blob south west corner)

Attached: Prussia_location.png (975x730, 30K)

is it also true that your relationships are very organised?

i've heard people complaining about how the swiss like everything to be neatly planned out well in advance for their social gatherings, no random spontaneous visits from close friends

and also that you compartmentalize relationships into settings so you have your "work friends" "verein friends" "school friends" and overlap is very rare

All of this sounds normal to me :(

we can be very spontaneous people, just give us time to carefully prepare that in advance.

it's kind of similar in zagreb in the sense that your closest friends are often from high school or university

but it's more spontaneous in the sense it's common to just call your friend and ask him if he wants to come over in an hour or two if he's free

Too many swiss

Yeah, they are autistic mainly the german ones.

That's normal even here between friends. But if they bring new people I want to know it beforehand, so I can clean the house better. It's like with work, its better if they don't know too much about my private life, so I give a better impression.

thats pretty normal here too, like after work you go for a swim or a beer, or call your buddy for gaming session. but yes, my work friends are not my sport club friends which are not my school friends of which I'd only call 3 guys real friends. but those 3 guys could literally call me at 3 o'clock in the morning and ask to bring a gun and a shovel.

this, a friend is someone i'd let into my uncleaned house. for reference, i do tidy up before my brother visits and it is customary that he calls me a few hours in advance.

>no! N-not the rainbows and the women rights!!!!
The state of firstoids

a country with no unified language isn't a real country

literally nothing unite you with people you can't even understand

switzerland is a spook

Too many shitskins

>literally nothing unite you with people you can't even understand
700 years of shared history and many dead knights in shallow Swiss graves makes for a happy confederation.

Attached: Giornico.png (296x929, 355K)

Imo each Canton is like a mini country. It's what's makes it comfy. Also there are some things that unite Swiss. We all love nature, mountains, bbq, wine / beer, etc. I don't feel excluded by other Swiss despite being a minority (Swiss Italian).

yeah you're just rich white guys hanging together because life is great

Maybe, you're not invited to the party anyway

Attached: IlbjPQ6.png (792x600, 51K)

Absolutely based

Switzerland is the most constructed and intrinsically meaningless country in the world, you're just a bunch of rich thieving twats

Enjoying mountains isn't a national identity

Isn't shadman swiss?

>landlocked
>perfect
coastlinelets are far from perfect

>NOOO SWITZERLAND IS A REAL COUNTRY, WE LIKE NATURE AND EXPENSIVE WATCHES

Attached: 1554645348243[1].jpg (785x731, 101K)

if you were patient enough to endure boredom

>Enjoying mountains isn't a national identity
Yes it is. So is cow sumo. You're just jealous because you got no comfy alpine culture.

Attached: herens.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

>mfw people say we have no culture

Attached: kuhtrekking_800.jpg (800x541, 279K)

>most constructed and intrinsically meaningless country
sounds like the US

>mfw people say we have no culture

Attached: eternalUeli.jpg (540x540, 71K)

nah, too many albanians and blacks

It's pleasant for normies, but sometimes you can't quite shake the feeling that the pursuit of money is even more suffocating here than in other suffocating places.

>the eternal sottocenerino calabrese pretending to be ticinese

Mountains are disgusting.
0/10 "country"

yes it is. as a heroin addict, it is the only place that doesnt want me to be unhappy and miserable until i die, they want to give me the quality of life that i need. they dont try to cure you, they just want you to be happy

Yes, so is Melonpan

I remember voting yes on that. Better than seeing junkies in the street

enjoy your year-round 99999% humidity marshnigger

Attached: serveimage-6.jpg (1920x1080, 442K)

der ewige

Attached: serveimage-1.png (718x699, 638K)

Don't (You) me with your disgusting pictures.

>we just have been lucky by catching early on the industrial revolution
its called blue banana

you were just happy(happy is a bad term, my eng vocabulary is bad) to be in centre of europe for many centuries. Geography shaped your history and socio-economic being
Also, I know there were whore's with mutt kids march in Suisse this day, I've heard they demand such thing as 'MORE RESPECT'
1) is it real?
2) why do they imply?

I see that respect is a thing a people in society HAVE as default. And it can only increase or decrease. So, that means respect for women decreased in Switzerland?

Also, when they will do the marches in honour of OLD WHITE CHRISTIAN MEN who build Europe to be THE BEST PLACE in the world, the most prosperous and well-kept part of the world? Is it fancy to hate white men for creating BEST society for modern women?

note: "is it fancy to hate men for creating" means the hate from the women AND non-white men, who come to Europe, but HATE european men for being richer, cleverer, for having beautiful women and so on.

wtf

also its sad that swiss women make kids with niggers now(seen a lot of mutts in youth athletic events, i am a sports fan), also swiss women EVEN FROM COZY ALPINE VILLAGES(not cities full of migrants) seem to dating and marrying albanians now, wtf WHY? HOW? Examples: Nadine Faehndrich(skier star), Lara Gut(skier star). Also there seems to be a.... shortage of men in Switzerland(now as they heard that all asian bodybuilding.com visitors booking a tickets to switerzland)?
For example of three Gasparin sisters(biathlon): 1 married russian, 2nd dating ukrainian and 3rd dating czech or slovak.

I know the international sport can be the place for them to meet and they might spend more time with foreign people than fellow villagers, but i did not seen that rates of international relationships among other european athletes.
And two cute runner/heptathlon sisters date: one(retired) dating Italian/Spanish guy and other dating 1/2 columbian guy. (he is also not very handsome, while she is 10/10 imo, that means her kids will not be as cute as her, i can say that with 98% sureness, i've see a lot of such cases, from some small hollywood actresses washing their genes out with ugly men or IRL cases with russian women of 10/10 nordic beauty and their uglier daughters)

Also, this comment section reddit.com/r/Switzerland/comments/c0f5ce/swiss_women_strike_for_more_money_time_and_respect/ is full of swiss women and swiss migrants(i hope at least white migrants) who bash BAD CONSERVATIVES again and I AM SO SORRY FELLOW REDDITORS SCHWEIZ IS SO BACKWARDS SOMETIMES :( HOPE SOON WE WILL BE MIXED AND FANCY LIE MTV STAFF etc etc

Based Aarau poster.

Isn’t that how it is supposed to be?

> keep to the network of friends they made in childhood and early adulthood, schoolfriends, armybuddies and rarely switch that.
it's the same everywhere

Attached: 1560573232289.jpg (720x698, 32K)

>i-it's d-disg-gusting
>he says while sweating buckets and suffocating from the windless water vapor he calls air

It worked pretty nicely tho. heroin and opioids are not really an issue in Switzerland anymore and we used to have the worst open drug scene of Europe.

didn't pot legalisation get fucked under just such an initiative a little while ago?

no, pot was semilegal because of an old vague law and because nobody gave a fuck, then the EU, especially France made a lot of pressure because the devils weed, which then lead to Switzerland precising the law in another round of narcotics laws revision, which then basically lead to illegal weed, which then lead to the cantons basically decriminalizing weed on their own because police has better things to do than running after potsmokers. Status quo preserved.
Ever attempt to legalize weed via public vote failed, either because they designed the proposed law to liberal even for Switzerland or because the damn potheads just forgot to vote.

>Is this the perfect country
thirdies always believe this, for them it's the unreachable golden apple.
in reality it's not very different from any western european country

switzerland would be the perfect country if it wasn't full of swiss people

This flag looks like a medkit but have it ever send someone an aid of any kind?

>insane roaming rates
>paramotors are illegal
>boring and self-righteous turbo autistic people, like supercharged Germans
Best country to make money, but not for retirement or holidays.

How bored do you have to be in order to invent cattle fighting and cattle riding?

Looks like fun, doe.

>>insane roaming rates

What does this mean

Yes, if you hate the sea

We didn't invent cattle fighting, the cows do that by themselves, they clear the pecking order for the season on the Alp. All you gotta do is to paint numbers on them, assemble them on preferably flat ground, kick back, grab a beer and place your wagers.

No EU regulations means are phone companies are free to rip us and foreigners off on roaming rates. they make 800mio free lunch moniez a year by overcharging and a re blatantly lobbying to keep the situation, albeit they are yielding a bit every year.

thanks for the info switzanon

>We didn't invent cattle fighting, the cows do that by themselves
youtube.com/watch?v=I_FNsaDOygo
Herens cattle is a heritage breed going back to roman times and their instincts are closer to wild cattle in some regards. But they are joyful and friendly animals and taste great.

Attached: alphacow.jpg (1100x720, 245K)

Switzerland is beautiful but as an /o/tist I couldn't deal with your strict laws on cars and recreational vehicles.

I've heard that Swiss while being all nice to you in person talk some shit behind your back.
How true is this?

>It's pleasant for normies
it is. normies are the majority, remember?

Attached: normies.jpg (1999x1333, 512K)

very
fuck sw*Ss

Liechtenstein is better

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_Liechtenstein.svg.png (1200x720, 36K)

>hey i'm jpot, and this is willow and frenchfry
>whats your mountain name?

>having a nigger princess and a fag prince