How is your relationship with your parents?

How is your relationship with your parents?
What are they like?

Attached: 1555078977571.jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

they're drug addicts who severely neglected and emotionally abused me
the only reason i continue talking to them (once a month or 6) is because they sometimes give me money now that they're old as balls and settling down. haven't physically seen them in years. text-only now.
i have no plans on going to their funerals. i live on the other side of the country and would use the "i'm busy with work" excuse.

My father abandoned my family during my childhood to work on some silly passion project. Moved to england to direct a documentary about hip hop which was gonna be his big break which flopped massively as far as i know, which is sad because i felt like he was the only one of my parents which actually loved me. Haven't spoken with him since. My mother never really cared about me and i felt like i had to raise myself throughout most of my childhood and i feel like i don't have any form of relationship with her even though we live together. At least she wasnt abusive

Attached: 1559462730225.jpg (300x286, 25K)

It's nice, just me and my mom though.

What happened to your father

I've never seen him, he left when my mother got pregnant, I was raised mostly by my grandparents, she was busy working through most of my childhood but we've been always close and supportive of each other.

My dad and mom work hard to take good care of me.

Is a functional family no longer a norm in the world.?

Attached: 1552625356198.jpg (856x1200, 194K)

it's alright

Been pretty rough for the last decade or so. Dad was a pretty bad alcoholic for the first 13 years of my life. Use to hit me for doing poorly in school, drive drunk as shit with me in the truck. Mom is pretty cold hearted, used to hit me as well and never talked to me. I don’t hate them or anything, I just think they had no business having children.

Attached: D23E0750-A00C-45F6-8752-8FF7430E00F7.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

They always cared for me and have never abused me
I fucking hate myself for not being the son they have always deserved.

Attached: 2448374.jpg (402x366, 13K)

I'm sorry to hear that but i'm happy you still had a loving family to back you up throughout your childhood

Attached: 1559937102403.png (636x587, 179K)

Do you have sisters and brothers and you are the oldest one user?

My dad is a drug addict, and I mean hard drugs and I remember a time we didn't eat for 3 days in a row because he need to buy them. This was like 20 years ago. He's so deteriorated now he can barely recognize anyone how speak to him and mumble unintelligible words all the time.
My mother always defends him, she is one of those women's who think "he's gonna change, he's gonna turn into a good guy some day".
I was raised by my grandparents.
And always get really sad on friends birthday parties or when they talk about their family and think about how could it be but never was.

Oh, and he beat the hell out of me and my sister.
I was 9 and she was 12.
There was also the time when his brother raped me but that is another history.

it's not normal in the western world, unless you are a fresh-off-the-boat immigrant

>allowing women to choose their husbands
i thought argentina was supposed to be redpilled

It turns out it isn't.

Thank you user

Yes, have a sister and a brother and I'm the oldest.

My dad has negative attitude towards everything, bullied me when I was a kid and teenager which make me super scares and with no confidence growing up, plus the occasional beating because why not. His father was the same piece of shit. I rarely talk to him anymore and see him maybe twice an year on some family occasions.
My mom is alright, I talk with her on the phone 3-4 times a week. We don't really have anything to share, just calling to let her know I'm alive and things are ok.

If I get to have a family of my own I wouldn't let my kids spend time with them.

Attached: 1554422037741.jpg (540x400, 45K)

same, and I think I understand you user, being eldest is tough, it's like all the family love is burdened on you while others are free on the emotional level

Attached: _oIgU4FQySQ.jpg (704x400, 23K)

My parents are divorced, my dad used to abuse me mentally and physically, Now I live with my mom and she is very supportive of me and I love her more than anything, only reason I haven't jumped off a building yet is because I don't want to hurt her

Attached: avatars-000307917108-fi9jsk-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 40K)

>Is a functional family no longer a norm in the world.?
Considering half of all children now in the UK are born to single or unwed mothers, no.

my parents are lovely people but total fuck ups and probably shouldnt have had kids like they did in their teens. they are perpetually poor. moved out at 17 like a retard, moved back in with them for short periods of time when my life failed. im 29 now and currently living with them because life has gotten too expensive to live on my own. they are charging me $800 a month to live here, so i need to get the fuck out asap. they are good people though and realize they fucked their kids lives up so there has never been pressure to be successful or anything like that, literally cant be a disappointment in their eyes.

>liking Yotsuba , a manga about a childhoold 100% perfect and rose colored

Yeah you have some traumas in you

Join the army. your lil bro will pick up the task of giving your parents nice grankids. You bring them honor by serving your country.

My family is ok. I am the middle child. My mom favors my brother. She's disappointed in me.
My dad and I get along pretty well.

Though I am closest to my grandparents.

It's sad to see that other's have shitty families. It's kinda depressing to see that this is the norm in western countries.

>they are charging me $800 a month to live here

alcoholics
dad's nice
mom abuses my sister

Pretty good, they both love me and barely ever criticize me
Dad is a bit aloof, but he always helps if I ask and is generally supportive.
Mom is a bit controlling to an annoying degree but always makes sure I have everything I need.

They never beat me up, only barely shouted at me, I think I've made them happy from an academic standpoint, they're kinda disappointed that I've never brought a girl home though (KV). Mom keeps asking me when I'll bring a girl over.

Attached: 1451214596796.png (397x402, 357K)

I know that feel, none of my cousins are older than me either so my grandparents kinda value my achievements more and I'm afraid of disappointing them too. Hell, even both my dad and mom are the eldest of their siblings, this situation is like it's coded into my genes.
There's mandatory conscription here so joining the army is pretty much the norm here.

Attached: satoutatsuhiro01.jpg (650x366, 16K)

Never knew my dad, when my mom was pregnant she moved along with her parents and he didn't come.
My mom is good and I was my grandpa's favorite until he died. My grandma is okay but can be irritating at times. But honestly nothing can replace a father - I'm pretty sure all my problems arise from there.

>they are charging me $800 a month to live here
How much of a piece of shit do you have to be to charge your child rent
I mean it makes sense if he's a NEET who faps to anime all day but if you're putting in effort and working why should your parents hinder you ?

those barely have a cohesive family unit in the first place

Why shouldn't adult children pay rent if they have an income?

From what I understand, my dad was an illegal immigrant who fled conscription in Taiwan. He married my mom for citizenship and left her when I was really young. It's easy to find information about him online because he has a unique name. Apparently he has a new family and his children are just a few years younger than me.

They should help with the bills, not pay rent. That's just weird.

>Charging
What an absolute disgusting attitude