Why do Americans not build many skyscrapers nowadays?

Why do Americans not build many skyscrapers nowadays?

Attached: OneWorldTradeCenter.jpg (788x1187, 390K)

Skyscraper nigger gay lol

There's no real need for them outside of major cities. And the really tall ones are really only in a few major cities like NYC, Chicago, LA, Houston, Dallas, Seattle and Charlotte plus a few others.
Other semi-big cities like SLC and Denver have them but they're like half as tall as the ones in the major cities

These are under construction in NYC

Attached: a5dac204-80da-11e8-8c40-58d9485981d4_1280x720_120828.jpg (1200x800, 165K)

What are you talking about? I've seen tons of new skyscrapers in the shithole called Baltimore in the last few years.

Cus theyre prime targets for terrorists

Absolute hideous. Why the fuck do they keep building those abominations?

2023 in chicago

Attached: sky-lead-teaser-img-14848d5d.jpg (900x600, 123K)

Tell me about Baltimore. Why do you live there? How bad are the niggers over there?

>Absolute hideous. Why the fuck do they keep building those abominations?

Attached: soy01.jpg (200x251, 12K)

hudson yards is based though

Attached: An%20aerial%20view%20of%20Hudson%20Yards-%20courtesy%20of%20Related-Oxford%20(1).jpg (1280x720, 369K)

Why would you make that post? What was the purpose? Did you think it was funny?

when did you take this selfie homo

What if I told you I was a nigger and even I hate the niggers here?

>NO!!!! Why would you make that post??!?!?!?!?!!! What was the purpose?!!?!!??!? Did you think it was funny?!!!!?!!?

Attached: 01C1F23B-5735-4787-91A8-B1E722C1D221.png (785x731, 205K)

But why though? Why live there if the nig situation is that bad? And why do you guys chimp out so much? What the fuck was up with a few weeks ago when a hundred of you got together for a coordinated chimpout and just attacked random people? That's subhuman tier

They became tacky when the Arabs and the insects began putting em up as well.

>Charlotte
Mignonne !

Are you ok user ?

I don't know those people. Guess kids got stupider after social media and the Freddie Grey riots.

i dont get these people who are so passionate in their hate of skyscrapers, which seems really common. you'd rather they just not exist or something? it's not like they randomly build them in residential areas or spots where they wont fit in at all, they are basically exclusive to huge cities in the downtown area. and they create a unique look and feel. i personaly think they are really cool especially in person to be by these behemoth structures and cool views from far away in the distance. plus they serve a function, these downtowns have millions of jobs squeezed into a relatively small area which is better than if everything was spread out. skyscrapers also provide a really amazing view of the city and the glass floor skywalks are someething everyone should do atleast once. anyway, i guess it isn't that common for people to hate them and it's just like 4/5 people who are really vocal about the "terrible giant glass dildos". skyscrapers are neat

>i dont get these people who are so passionate in their hate of skyscrapers
that's because you're clueless

i guess so, what do you mean?

Never met anyone "passionate in hate of skyscraper", let alone its being common.

Who the fuck decided a stack of lego blocks was aesthetic enough to be one of the tallest things on the NYC skyline? Fucking monsters.

>these downtowns have millions of jobs squeezed into a relatively small area which is better than if everything was spread out.
No it's actually inefficient.

You do realize that it's a Yuro thing, right? Yuros are so proud of their 500 year old buildings that the though of modern tall buildings makes them uncomfortable. Yuros are the most vocal about hating skyscrapers.
Just look at all the threads about Poland and how Warsaw is getting lots of them now that it's developing. The entire threads are Yuros whining about how ugly it is and how everything should be their 3 story tall 500 year old buildings a foot apart from each other.

Like clockwork.

how so?

>Like clockwork.
So if you know it's inefficient why do you say otherwise ?
Also about Poland we complain because they do this nonsense with OUR FUCKING MONEY.

Forgot picture

Attached: 432pa_south view at dusk_copyright dbox for cim group & macklowe properties-1.jpg (3000x1509, 782K)

It costs a lot in maintenance (not to mention the building) just to house office jobs or luxury appartments. It's just a speculation thing.

Ok Ive never been to Europe so Ill take your word on it

Because no one can afford to live in them.

Attached: Miamimanhattanizationdowntown.jpg (2985x2177, 1.16M)

that just creates more jobs. i dont see the problem

>that just creates more jobs
The only jobs it "creates" are the construction workers, it's the Danaids barrels.

What's more efficient? 1 million jobs in a concentrated area that builds up, or 1 million jobs in a huge spread out area? Which would you prefer to rip up your country? A part of a city building up or an entire town spread kilometers out?

Doormen, service people, maintenance aren't real jobs or something? These highrise luxury buildings employ hundreds of people for upkeep and whatever services they need

as a construction worker, this slightly offends me somehow

Because only 10 corporations will exist in a few decades, and they don't need that many offices.

Neither has he