Is rapprochement with Russia in the best interests of Europe?

Is rapprochement with Russia in the best interests of Europe?

Personally I am of the opinion that it is. Further encouraging Russia to focus East does not benefit us. Their viewing of NATO expansion as a threat is very justified when you consider US reactions to similar situations.
Russia IS indeed an authoritarian shithole, but constantly backing them into a corner and not interacting with them in any way does nothing to warm relations.

Attached: 1533887421559.jpg (1000x541, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2018/09/11/russia-china-consider-investments-worth-more-than-100-billion.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8X7Ng75e5gQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would we want warm relations with Russia?
Why do you talk about Evropa when you voted to leave? Go then, leave Evropa and go join USA. We will never be friends with Russia.

The real redpill is realising that Russia and the US need to ally to combat the EU and China

Attached: img778131.jpg (667x397, 49K)

And what can two declining shitholes of evil do against the two rising powers of justice?

>two rising powers of justice
powers of JUST, you mean?

axaxaxaxa

Attached: 15552549167420.jpg (600x600, 33K)

10 years ago I'd have disagreed. The EU no longer is the US's lapdog the way it was supposed to be. The thing is that Russia and the US will always be butting heads as long as both countries want the same thing.

Who exactly is 'Europe' in this situation? It's a bit ambitious of you to assume that there exists a united and harmonious European position on this issue. For one, consider the attitudes of EE and Baltic staters to Russia. Also consider the fact that Brits have a rather vile tendency of participating in continental politics in absolutely bad faith

here are Putin and families of thieves around him, they will do that benefits them the most. I don't think "we" are moving towards East, I guess it is just bullshiting from both sides

Yes, the powers of just destroying Russia as a pasttime, Ivan.

How exactly would China, the soon-to-be greatest power in the world be in a state of JUST?
Or the European Union, the world's role model?

USA, the muttified shithole that is about to collapse as they can not maintain their empire through war with minor countries anymore.
Russia, the shadow of an empire that only exists as a mere boogeyman.
They are in a state of JUST.

China and Europe are going to save the world together.

Wishful thinking
In reality these two are teaming up to destroy the West

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-092114_Opera.jpg (1556x2115, 898K)

>Further encouraging Russia to focus East
kek'd, chinese only care about themselves, they are not and never be allies to Ruissia.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 132K)

>europoor delusions
cute

Attached: 20190327_093340.jpg (1340x1414, 678K)

there is no significant boost of investment or anything since 2014, just bullshiting

>Someone rabidly cheering on yellow people ITT
>It's a Finnish flag

can't make this up

Attached: 34r34 f.png (640x360, 278K)

Whatever cnbc.com/2018/09/11/russia-china-consider-investments-worth-more-than-100-billion.html

I guess the only real investment is a shitload of Chinese tourists in Russia, since the ruble crushed down

No
Fuck russia

I have often seen that it is the countries closest to Russia who view normalising relations as the worst. I am not stating that countries should be 'friends', but to be able to maintain a dialogue without resorting to painting the other side as their designated boogeyman. In my opinion, US policy and, as it commands, the EU never gave them a chance when they were most willing to approach the west, leading to what happened today. Take a look at the Wolfowitz doctrine and see that the US was never to allow anything to rise from the ashes of the Soviets.
And whether we're in the EU or not, our interests largely align with those on the continent.

>Russia IS indeed an authoritarian shithole
Dude, this whole planet is a shithole. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Russia, but humanity is just one large and epic fail, with no end in sight for the bottom of that shithole.

fuck all british scoundrel cocksuckers, not to be trusted so much as a milimeter.

I'm all for the eventual inclusion of Russia in the EU, unfortunately they would become the most powerful state as they would hold a sizeable chunk of the parliament.

We europeans only have interest in cooperating closely with Russia
If only russians would stop being autistic aggressive warmongers and avoid meddling in other countries internal affairs.

I'm not even British. I live in Ireland, just the bad part.
I'm not entirely sure that including Russia in the EU would ever be a good idea, their interests are so wildly different to Europe that it would make the divisions now look like an absolute joke.

We’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. We are geographically speaking the center of the world and thus surrounded by all three big players and the upstarts who might become a threat in the future. Also we’re mostly on good terms with Russia, but we’re on better terms with the US because it’s simply smarter

And your "greatest ally" does exactly the same yet all of the eu sucks US cock
How the the Ivans the warmongers here?

When is the last time the US started a military intervention against a european country joaovitch?

2001-1999 why do you ask ?

>their interests are so wildly different to Europe
How so? Their interest is to remain relevant in a century in which Europe is doomed to becoming an ever-smaller actor in the international scene. Their interest is also to be prosperous.

Both the US and Russia are huge warmongers. Russia does it on her borders, the USA do it in the Arab world.

>geographically speaking the center of the world
the world being a closed surface, no such position exists

And what about russia?

would you rather be a chinese puppet?

>warmongrel
for fuck sake Crimea is majority russian anyway, they just want some ports that arent frozen for half a year or absolutely shit

Russia already had access to the Black Sea, Ivan Ivanov Ivanovich

Well, Russia is a massive, resource based economy as one example. Much of what caused Brexit, and what is causing euroscepticism and reform discussion, is the argument that the woes of the South are caused by monetary policy being dictated by Northern European countries whose economies vary massively. Austerity works for Germany, but it does not work well for countries who are in crisis.
I believe that including Russia into what is the EU today could cause that split on a larger scale.

There are a few majority russian areas in the baltic states, has russia the right to annex these areas?
This exactly the same situation as with the Sudetes, if you don’t realize

He is right tho , only retards with half a brain can ser that crimea is russian, it was russian until 60 years ago then it was literaly gifted
It would be like Spain being in a communist union with Spain, you giving us Galiza then the union falling apart you demanding galiza back and we autisticly screech "mUh portuguese clay"

The current form of the EU sucks because it's neither a purely economic union nor a full fledged federation, but eventually European integration will still be the best long term bet for Russia.

2008 i would say.
What does that have to do with anything?
Your point os russia=bad because they have militray?
The US has been involved in many more conflicts and interventions the Russia yet you suck US cock like there is no tomorrow.
We can easily play both side but brainlets like you and the majority population fall for Russia bad rethoric and so we must remain US lap dogs and loose out on big profits

we held suddetes for hundreds of years and it was long time slavic. while crimea was Tatar and then it was replaced by russians, ukranians never lived there,it was owned by russia for a long time.

>but constantly backing them into a corner and not interacting with them in any way does nothing to warm relations.
Agree, it won't end good

youtube.com/watch?v=8X7Ng75e5gQ

Rapprochement would need both sides to be willing. Go read some Dugin, while his views are exagerrated carricature of views real russians hold (and thus he is often called a clown by them) it will show you why there can be no rapprochement with Russia anytime soon.

Attached: 1447896303258.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

That's true, but I'm really not seeing enough appetite for reform. I believe that it's too tied up with euroscepticism to work in the current climate, and that the people supporting it do not make enough noise. For example, look at France's National Rally. I feel like every few months when I read up on French politics, her party is either supporting Frexit, or supporting some undefined reform, or a mixture of the two if they cannot get their way. People will simply not vote for this sort of thing if they want to remain part of the EU but would like reform.
I have yet to read about any really radical ideas taking hold across European countries. Everyone loves to talk about reform, but nobody puts their money where their mouth is.

We tried to be friendly with EU and it didn't end well.
I think more realistic it to wait until US decline and collapse, and then we just will force Europe to cooperate.

>Force
Mighty hopeful there ivan

Yes. All of europe needs to prepare for the yellow menace.
Amerimutts slow implosion is only highlighting the need for self reliance.

China will overtake the US in the next 100 years, Europe must grow stronger to defend its interests.

Attached: D4bFNUyX4AASoYW.jpg (1200x800, 114K)

How can it trigger so many people around the world?
Absolutely based EU, only moral superpower currently around

Attached: 1024px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png (1024x683, 23K)

based

Finland, you have to go home to Russia. Stop walking.

They come from the Korean Peninsula, so they are relatives with Koreans, Chinese, as well as our Buryats and Kalmyks.

Fuck, wrong thread

Fuck Eurosovok

Attached: jQWfRHc-l2w.jpg (1000x480, 57K)

>while his views are exagerrated carricature of views real russians hold (and thus he is often called a clown by them) it will show you why there can be no rapprochement with Russia anytime soon.
>look his views are a joke and he's a clown
>but the views of this one guy totally show how there can be no rapprochement
You're retarded

>I have often seen that it is the countries closest to Russia who view normalising relations as the worst
I wonder why!

If CIA interventions count (they should), Ukraine in 2014.

First of all, arrest Abramovich, Blavatnik, Michelson and others

European Parlament literally said we SHOULD give back Kuril islands lol, like in 2006

but this kind of rhetorics is funny, then someone can hope France will give back German lands too

Dugin: Ethernal Rome (tradition, family, faith) and Ethernal Carthago (modernity, feminism, atheism) are stuck in endless spiritual battle. Also the Ethernal Carthago is controlled by pagan goddess Cybelle and Russians are heirs to nomadic people of ancient Turan

Common Russian: Russia (traditon, family, church) and West (faggotry, pedophilia, racemixing) are stuck in battle for ideological supremacy since Peter the Great. Also, West in controlled by international jew George Soros and we Russians are heirs to ERE.

Is it clear now?

>Common Russian: Russia (traditon, family, church) and West (faggotry, pedophilia, racemixing) are stuck in battle for ideological supremacy since Peter the Great. Also, West in controlled by international jew George Soros and we Russians are heirs to ERE.
Nope. You're retarded.

russians follow a simple principle of not bettering their country but bringing everyone down to their level
that is why we need to be careful with them

Yes for sure. Russia can be a great ally and partner.

The problem is that Americans are instigating war between the EU and Russia.

Americans want to destroy both the EU and Russia.

The problem is that Americans control all Western European communications via internet and have 100k soldiers in European soil since the 2nd World War.

We are invaded by the USA.

We need to wait until the USA become less relevant in the world stage, when the world becomes multi-polar.

Meanwhile we have to reduce or reliance on foreign oil. Once we don't depend on foreign oil we will be able to declare our independence from the USA criminals, which by the way are declaring wars everywhere: Russia, China, Iran, Syria, etc. Everywhere.

Common Russian: Nobody must know about our true beliefs

> Is rapprochement with Russia in the best interests of Europe?

Putin's russia will poison Europe with corruption, lawlessness, money laundering, presence of russian mafia. To let this country to EU is to voluntarily let trojan horse enter.

Europe needs NATO, american soldiers is what putin fears the most.

Attached: original_959d7be8e6942378b56dd594cf99f506.jpg (940x607, 559K)

Even if the EU isn't an American lapdog, it's not going to be a rival to America anytime soon.

>Is rapprochement with Russia in the best interests of Europe?
And why would you care? Mind your island

I never stated that I or anyone wanted Russia in the EU. There is a massive difference between constructing a dialogue with a country and inviting them into your home.

China will devour Russia

I hope Putin doesn't pull a queen Elizabeth and still be kicking in 2036 effectively making EU Russian cooperation bit harder

w*stoids are probably the most hypocritical pieces of shit. While they pretend to put up the good fight against Russia and its "human rights violations", "invasion of Ukraine" or whatever crap they invent, they have absolutely no problem with Russian oligarchs siphoning all their stolen wealth and stashing it in their tax havens and real estate right in their most expensive districts.

I'm on the international board. I'm interested in the opinions of people on an international level.

russians interpret everything as an invitation to your home

When America starts shit the Chinese and Russians will gladly invade and genocide your US-lapdog shithole nation

Attached: 1530781295784.png (765x887, 385K)

t. wishful thinking: the country