The industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

the industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

Attached: 1548118167527.jpg (596x444, 72K)

He cute

Ted wouldn't have approved of all that industrially produced tinfoil.

Attached: ted in montana.jpg (500x392, 98K)

Ted is off the mark by a few thousand years. The real culprit is civilization. Does Ted really believe that the industrial revolution was some freak accident that just happened? It will always happen as long as civilization exists. The mistake was when some Arab women threw some seeds in the ground and made food. It's been down hill ever since.

Civilization creates problems that can only be solved by technology. You can't solve the problem of waste management, disease as a result of living close to animals, food management etc. without technology.

shut up, ted

he wasnt wrong though was he

You seem to be taking issue with both civilization and agriculture. But civilizations can exist without technology, obviously (and ultimately Ted was really talking about technology above all else, he just seems to focus on technology from around that time forward).

Or is this just some copypasta that I wasn't aware of?

He looks like Jamie Lannister here

blame the chinks for giving us gunpowder in the first place.

He was a good looking guy, honestly don't know how he managed to be such an incel.

Attached: Ted Kaczynski3.jpg (537x528, 58K)

>civilization can exist without technology
no it can't. Civilizations cause so many problems that can only be solved through technology.

The collapse of many civilizations is often in part due to lack of technology to confront the forces of nature. You literally cannot support a large civilization without technology.

How exactly do you define "technology"? Computers? Printing press? Catapults? Ploughs?

it...it was supposed to be used for recreational purpose, like...like fireworks

Please explain why so many civilizations existed and even thrived before the advent of industrial age technology then.

Also it should be noted that he did say his ideal situation was hunter-gather tribes.

damn right

Attached: linkolaweb01.jpg (1600x1200, 361K)

It's not so much how I define it as much as how Kaczynski defines it, which is essentially all technology from the industrial revolution to the present. I read his manifesto a while ago but he wasn't always exactly specific, just that it encompassed everything we would call "technology" iirc.

*the agricultural revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

Attached: 1560912783340.gif (360x240, 1.72M)

Are you fucking retarded? Yeah they existed pre industry but they still used technology you god damn retard. technology doesn't sit still they were inevitably going to improve the technology. You can't just go back in time and kill Newton or Thomas Savery and think the scientific and industrial revolution is over. It would have happened else where in Europe or the World given enough time. Do you think people don't improve over time? That's the point of civilization.

Hunter gather tribes are not civilizations you retard. Fuck do you even know anything about this topic. I'm saying specifically, the industrial age is the NATURAL CONSEQUENCE of civilization. Civilizations will inevitably lead to technological development of the kind the spurred the industrial age.

THIS.

>everything we would call "technology"
You need to get it through your thick skull that everything you call as technology is the logical consequence of problems invented as a result of civilizations occurring in the first place.

The Canadian user is right though. The industrial revolution was inevitable. Society will always create technological solutions to its problems. Choosing the industrial revolution as the culprit is completely arbitrary. I know Ted had 220 IQ or whatever but as far as I know he wasn't a historian or an anthropologist so his opinions kinda resemble meme anarcho-whatevers on /his/ and Jow Forums.

The best looking guy I know is a schizophrenic kissless mormon

Except that Kaczynski, the topic of the thread, specific industrial era technology as the issue. Learn to fucking read, idiot. And he addressed the "advancement" of both civilizations and technology, hence why my pointing out his specifically stating the ideal. I never said hunter-gatherers were civilizations. But I doubt you'll be able to read this either.

>some canadian who has clearly not read it spergs out

>I suffer in the modern world

Attached: man-playing-video-games-on-your-computer-late-at-night-on-the-computer-gamer_ruoz99x9_thumbnail-full (1920x1080, 1.31M)

>industry bad
>invasive digital technologies bad
>computing industry bad
yes they are all bad and they exist because of civilization. They are the natural consequences of human civilizations

>he addressed the "advancement" of both civilizations and technology.

He starts out by saying that the industrial revolution and it's consequences have been a disaster for the human race. Which is ultimately missing the point which is what this guy says You yourself go on to say that Ted finds hunter-gather societies to be ideal yet also argue that civilization isn't the problem. Do you have like dementia or something?

How can hunter gather societies be ideal yet civilization isn't the problem. HUNTER GATHER SOCIETIES BEING IDEAL RECOGNIZES THAT CIVILIZATION IS THE PROBLEM.

stfu retard. ive read it many times. go suck a railroad spike

I was addressing what the manifesto was saying, not my personal opinion (again, you need to read, both what is actually being said in my posts and the manifesto itself to understand what is being discussed itt instead of chimping out like a retard).

He actually addresses these points too but it would be pointless for me to type it up since you can't read anyway.

It's hardly arbitrary, the way the world worked changed drastically during the industrial revolution, from living conditions to work practices. Industrialization is still a lot more preferable to some meme ideology like anprim, but his observations about its effects on people were right.

Unachad

I have read it dumbass you just can't write coherently.

1. Ted is pinning the blame on the industrial revolution
2. He doesn't recognize that the industrial revolution is an effect of civilization
3. Civilization creates these problems and hence can only be solved by technology
4. Ted goes on to say that hunter gather societies are ideal
5. This defeats the argument that the industrial revolution is the culprit because if hunter gather societies are ideal then why should the industrial revolution be the culprit. It would be the agricultural revolution.
5. Hence, starting out his big manifesto by saying the industrial revolution is misguided because he ultimately contradicts himself by saying hunter gather societies are ideal.

No it hasn't.
1. society has problems
2. technology solves it
3. technology generates new problems
4. technology attempts to solve it

and the cycle repeats. you i can give you three examples right now that demonstrate this clearly.

> Living next to livestock
1. Solves the problem of lack of food
2. Creates all sorts of diseases

And some technology is needed to solve this.

>Industrial revolution
1. Industrialization makes human labor more efficient
2. Causes social problems as more and more people leave the country side to work in factories

And technology tries to solve this problem once again which generates more problems. Problems are never going away this is a fact of life.

another problem with Industrialization
1. Climate change and ecological degradation
2. Green technology tries to solve it
3. Displaces the jobs of people who's lives depend on coal and natural gas.

Social problems are created in the process. We are just trying to figure out how to solve this problem - a solution that will invariably require more technology. Ted himself admits than man is addicted to technological progress yet fails to admit explicitly that civilization is the cause of this addiction. For some reason he pins it on industry which misses the park completely.

>society hasn't changed because there are still problems and people trying to fix problems
lol
human brains are not capable of truly comprehending things on a massive scale. every problem isn't the same, and it's delusional to act like modern day civilization isn't unrecognizable from previous generations because you intentionally framed society in the broadest and most vague possible interpretation.

Problem wasn't industrial revolution, it was human greed. Specifically white man's greed

Your life is a disaster

Based, grab a chainsaw and start taking down the power lines.

Attached: DB88D24F-7A7D-446B-9C4D-F3A4E2422668.jpg (1080x1174, 175K)

the human race has been a disaster for life

^^This^^

Well not all civilizations were heading toward the industrial revolution. Only the northwestern European civilizations did, and the rest followed under their influence.

Attached: 1497122987638.png (410x385, 112K)

>I know Ted had 220 IQ or whatever but as far as I know he wasn't a historian or an anthropologist so his opinions kinda resemble meme anarcho-whatevers on /his/ and Jow Forums.
Ted is a guy who became incredibly bitter over the fact that his career trajectory ended much sooner and much lower than he desired.

Bullshit. The only disgrace is ourselves. Humans are greedy shit that ruined everything

True