DNA tests

Are they a thing in your country?
>American
Sort of. They are promoted through commercials and billboards in some cities.

Attached: Screenshot_20190301-130208_Chrome.jpg (941x908, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/technology/dna-ancestry-kits-twins-marketplace-1.4980976
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Talking to my friend in a restaurant about where our ancestors came from
>Random guy sitting near us interrupts us by saying he did a 23andme and said he was 99% European and 1% South Asian
>We leave

were you at the bar at least

It's becoming too common. People are starting to hand those out as holiday gifts.

Not really, most people here have a recorded family history going back 500+ years and a family farm the same age. That's all the identity you'd ever need.

No, we were at a Wendy's

>Talking in public
>Turn to stone when someone outside of your friend group interacts with you
Beta confirmed

is there a good alternative for knowing your true ancestry?

Nope

I'm a little curious but wouldn't pay for one. My grandfather wrote a book documenting his family history, so I'm aware of my fraternal side at least. As far as I know both sides are pretty much Scottish, English and maybe some Irish going back a while but it would be interesting to find something entirely left field. Though I doubt there would be, which is why I've never bothered to look into how you actually do the test, but yeah.

It's not like everybody else on 4chinks isn't autistic too. I'm fine with interacting with strangers, but at that moment I just felt irritated and didn't want to talk to him.

That was more for , since I remember seeing an ad for that ancestry website a few months ago. Don't really watch tv so can't really say if it is a running theme.

you can find quite a lot of information through public records. I started with only some basic information about my grand and great grandparents and I've traced the whole family back to the 1600s so far.

I could see what he means. You just know those people who take their ancestry serious without knowing a lick of them is probably just a vapid shallow person.

Yeah, I figured public records is what my granddad sourced for his stuff, church records and shit. Just don't have the patience for it, don't even attend family gatherings.
Did you find interesting stuff about your family going back that far?

unironically the only reason anyone does a dna test

Attached: 1561256844455.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

do you happen to be south asian, hehehe

not in the slightest

so its perfect test for all BVLL on Jow Forums. how are you a BVLL if you cant pass the test

took a dna test and i was only 98% white, absolutely destroyed me

No, that guy was just excited about being 1% south Asian. If we stayed any longer he would've probably talked about how he was gonna go to India and bathe in a gutter filled with shit.

It can be tedious.
Eh sure, nothing too crazy though. I've just been dicking around with it for a few months whenever I get bored enough. Most notable thing recently I guess would be on my dads side, my great great grandfather left Europe from Bavaria, got his wife pregnant then died less than two years later in the civil war after arriving.
Main thing I've been focusing on is just tracking down locations and gathering as many documents verifying that i'm listing the correct person in my tree.

not really they're just a slightly interesting thing to bring up in conversation, i did get gifted one for my birthday a while back

different ausfag here, just wondering if you were able to do it for free or if you had to use a paid website like ancestry.com?

I've been using myheritage, I think the service is roughly $12/month. Kind of steep, but it's incredibly convenient because you have access to their entire database with billions of records as well as other family trees, which greatly expedites the process. It also allows you to store all of your own information there and chat with family if you choose too.
I'm sure you could do it for free if money was tight, but I imagine it would take quite a while getting access to documents, and finding them in the first place.

sweet, ill have to look into it some time then, ty

the only people i see doing that shit are Jow Forumstards and MENAs here

no problem. have fun.

R8 me faggots

Attached: Screenshot_20190614-143047_Gallery.jpg (720x1280, 217K)

Judging from this thread Anglo mutts are the only ones really into DNA testing.

i can't imagine buying one of those ancestry tests unrionically

who the fuck cares where percent whatever you are? i dont understand muh heritage and why people cling to it so much.
>omg im like 10% cherokee!!
?????????????????? literally who the fuck cares

Attached: dude lol.png (500x464, 65K)

I don't think you know what nihilism means

absolutely seething btw

what difference does it make to you

this

I'm just gonna ask you: Why?

well, I haven't personally done one, i'm the user who was talking about researching public records. it's not hard to imagine why someone would use one though, quit being a dense asshole.

Why not?

>no one rates me
I'm kinda disappointed t.bh

very nice, user.

>ask question
>"quit being a dense asshole."
listen do whatever you want with your money to figure out why people are crazy exciting about being 0.05% irish
>answering a question with a question
go back to school

you're literally whining about how other people spend their money and entertain themselves. it would be fruitless attempting to reason with you. you're here to be upset.

I did one

Attached: muh heritage.png (1276x687, 130K)

Based and britpilled

Guys...don't.

Attached: DNA scam.jpg (1555x1029, 528K)

Too expensive

aren't these just average results for every average white guy

How do you know they're accurate?

LITERALLY no one does DNA tests
only 3rd gen Indians living abroad do THAT

Yeah I'm planning on finding a med gf

No one really does DNA tests here, but I did.

Attached: me.jpg (539x895, 160K)

These tests are the laziest and most uninteresting form of genealogy there is. It doesnt say shit about your ancestors. Usually you want to know things like the name of your ancestors, their occupations, date of birth and date of death. See if they are noteworthy in other ways. But no, you guya want to find out how much hapblobype 7b one unspecified ancestors had. Really connecting with your ancestors there Billy Bob

I don't need a DNA Test to tell me I'm an Antolian rape baby

Nice one, user. But i have different way, i worked for 2 years in our archives and researched every single ancestry line til 16-17 centuries. They all great russinas from Moscow Yaroslavl and Novgorod.

What sort of relevance do your ancestors lives have on your current life? What diffrence does it make if your great great grandfather was a cutthroat or a farmer? You still know who you are today?

It's just interesting to see what your family did. But you're right it doesn't really matter if you never knew them.

23andme literally put like genes in random tests to make people less anti semitic.

Also
>Giving your dna to a company that sells it to the government.

Attached: 1505938439421s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Knowing that you ancestors make you way more responsible for your life and actions. It way easy to became retarded junkie if you dont know even your grandpa name. But i know thtat my ancestors work hard, buy land, build factories, fight in all wars from 1700 and i know their names and i just cant waste their effort for me to born.

I'd be much more worried about them selling it to Google/Amazon/Facebook than DE GUBMINT

>wadda fuk? 8% jewish? this must be somekind of kike trick! i know i am master race

Mate, no matter who you are, your ancestors struggled to survive. The beginnings for homo sapiens sapiens were cruel and harsh. If you're alive today, it's by the sheer mind boggling survival skills of those who came before you.

Doesn't change the fact, that life is inherently meaningless and the meanings we create for ourself are delusions of the mind and irrelevant to our experience post mortem.

This is blackpill i'm unable to swallow.

My father did one. It's cringe as fuck but he's that kind of bandwagoner boomer who needs all the trendy stuff despite not knowing how to use them so it can't be helped I guess

no because we all are inbred here

It makes life really simpler in my opinion. Once you realize, that after death, everything you did in life was ultimatley pointless and life will move on without you even being able to experience it, you stop worrying about attaining wealth, relationships etc.. You take what you can get and are happy with it.

I found out they're a thing here

Dilate

Only to test whether a kid is actually the offspring of father, or to test whether there's risk of getting some disease like cancer
No bullshit like testing for how many percent of you is nigger or not

russian posters are truly extraordinary

Friendly reminder that these DNA testing companies don't even really test you DNA. They just feed it into an "algorithm" that spits out how white they think you are.
cbc.ca/news/technology/dna-ancestry-kits-twins-marketplace-1.4980976